• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FX500 delivery and first report

Yeah... I was out there this weekend and got a ride. Then I went and kicked my own car. "Why? WHY?! Why are you such a slacker?!" :p

Darkcyd said:
Yeah... I was out there this weekend and got a ride. Then I went and kicked my own car. "Why? WHY?! Why are you such a slacker?!" :p

You kicked your own car.......LOL!!! :D

I drove a Murci. this weekend and am now thinking about selling my Nsx.
What a beast that car is, its that or the Factor X 500, I fell the need for more speed.

prova4re said:
I drove a Murci. this weekend and am now thinking about selling my Nsx.
What a beast that car is, its that or the Factor X 500, I fell the need for more speed.

You cannot go wrong with the Murci. That car is amazing. I think the FX500 would probably be faster though. Of course, you could mod your lambo too. The difference is spending 20K on the FX500 vs 230K+ on a Murci :)

Here is a pic of me at the Woodward dream cruise.
I would think the Factor X car would be faster due to the weight of the Murci.
But the Lambo is way cool.

DSC_7647.jpg

KGP said:
I like the pic of your wife a little better. ;)
Gotcha back. :p

Now see what you have started.... :rolleyes:

No! she is NOT my wife, she is just a freind of mine from the Players Run.

KulSecHskY said:
I thought FX used motec EMS not AEM? :confused:

As KGP mentioned we offer both the MoTeC and the AEM as an EMS for the FX500. Both have their positives and negatives and can/have been debated to death on other forums. We did experience some issues with the earlier versions of the AEM which prompted us to go with the MoTeC unit. Initially, a few of the other manufacturers promoted the AEM EMS for the NSX as the end all be all before properly testing the unit, resulting in engine failure. Since its past upgrade the AEM has proven a worthy EMS at a great price.

Re: Dyno

Dylan said:
has anyone dyno'd this on a dynojet 248c?

Dylan

We tried to dyno the FX500 on a dynojet 248c but once boost rolled on we could not get a reading.

Juice said:
I'm sorry if this has been posted before. Are you running on pump gas or race fuel? If race fuel how much HP on pump gas.

KPG is running a 3 channel boost controller. Although you can get away with less on the higher channels we recommend them as a safety margin.

Channel 1 (approximately 500whp) runs on pump gas
Channel 2 (approximately 550whp) runs on 100 octane
Channel 3 (approximately 600whp) runs on C16

Re: Turnaround time

Hugh said:
How long does the car need to be at FX for the FX500 installation?

Installation time differs depending upon if you want to keep your original block or are willing to do a core exchange. Feel free to give us a call and we will be more than happy to discuss this further.

Darkcyd said:

Were you kicking your NSX or, yourself after that night at the Horse:) Jk, at least you saved enough to pay for your timing belt/h20/60k service. Don’t you just love Vegas:) They get your money one way or the other

*shakes head* At least I came home with A shirt on my back. :D

Attachments

• CH.jpg
    CH.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,144
Ouch. That sucks big time! Glad I haven't ended up in their back alley. :eek:

Anyway, I've heard rumors that a certain turbo pineapple is flying out to St. Louis to tune a FX500 for even more horsepower? Is someone bored of 500 hp already? What's the story? :)

How could anyone possible be bored of 500hp? :eek:

Darkcyd said:
I've heard rumors that a certain turbo pineapple is flying out to St. Louis to tune a FX500 for even more horsepower? Is someone bored of 500 hp already? What's the story? :)
Just going to mess with some calibrations in some gauges. Oh, we also might play around on the dyno while he's here. :cool:

500 is loads of fun. 550, at a higher gain than 500, is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Please, please, please get some video of the dyno runs or any other runs for that matter. Did I mention please? :)

Please, please, please - quit looking at me like that! I have to shake my head and wink everytime I see those 4 eyes and two mouths. :D

Back