• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I got one, I got one, I finally got one 93 Red NSX. Thanks Santa.

Well it wasn't that easy, but I finally scooped one. After looking for months and loosing a few deals here is my story.
My name is Jerry and I'd like to thank everyone on this forum for sharing so much knowledge about this modern classic car.
It all started about year ago when my wife asked for a Cobra for her birthday, but I was able to negotiate a NSX.
As a long time Honda fan I only have metric tools anyway.
We went to see first NSX about 6 months ago. It was a 92, red with 118k miles. Had a clear carfax but the nose was cut out and frame horns had cracking bondo. Second car was 91 black with 84k miles. I was at the location hours after the owner posted it. It was clean and I shook hands with the owner on full asking price. He didn't want a deposit. Just before I went to pick it up he called that he changed his mind and will keep his baby.
Another was silver in Chicago with 322K miles. I offered more than asking price and the owner decided to keep it. Another red 91 was in Cincinnati and the owner also decided to keep it after I had my trailer hooked up and coffee in my hand ready to go.
Finally I picked one 93 red with 63K miles and almost stock. The previous owner had a large collection of cars and in 12 years he drove only 1700 miles. Our NSX has all the regular problems like slow windows, heater works only on hi, trunk and rear glass shocks are bad,needs timing belt,rough idle...Thanks to many people here I know what to expect and where to order what I need. It's harder than you think to get a decent NSX lately.
This Christmas I feel like a kid again.

Merry Christmas to all

Well it wasn't that easy, but I finally scooped one. After looking for months and loosing a few deals here is my story.
My name is Jerry and I'd like to thank everyone on this forum for sharing so much knowledge about this modern classic car.
It all started about year ago when my wife asked for a Cobra for her birthday, but I was able to negotiate a NSX.
As a long time Honda fan I only have metric tools anyway.
We went to see first NSX about 6 months ago. It was a 92, red with 118k miles. Had a clear carfax but the nose was cut out and frame horns had cracking bondo. Second car was 91 black with 84k miles. I was at the location hours after the owner posted it. It was clean and I shook hands with the owner on full asking price. He didn't want a deposit. Just before I went to pick it up he called that he changed his mind and will keep his baby.
Another was silver in Chicago with 322K miles. I offered more than asking price and the owner decided to keep it. Another red 91 was in Cincinnati and the owner also decided to keep it after I had my trailer hooked up and coffee in my hand ready to go.
Finally I picked one 93 red with 63K miles and almost stock. The previous owner had a large collection of cars and in 12 years he drove only 1700 miles. Our NSX has all the regular problems like slow windows, heater works only on hi, trunk and rear glass shocks are bad,needs timing belt,rough idle...Thanks to many people here I know what to expect and where to order what I need. It's harder than you think to get a decent NSX lately.
This Christmas I feel like a kid again.

Congrats on getting a car. I may have been your silver Chicago seller. I am glad you found one. Good luck and keep posting here. Tons of info and good folks.

when you shake hands its a mans word..... I hate that oh I changed my mind..... then why did you waste my time

and I bet he changed his mind and informed you thru a text or an email and not in person that's not a man. LOL

congrats on finally finding one

congrats on the new toy. I see you are in nyc so unless you are very mechanically inclined I would recommend you drive up to warwick in orange county to have the car looked over by Larry B, the best NSX tech there is.

+1, can't get any better than Larry B.

congrats on the new toy. I see you are in nyc so unless you are very mechanically inclined I would recommend you drive up to warwick in orange county to have the car looked over by Larry B, the best NSX tech there is.

Congrats on your find. I'm upstate New York and I can confirm that there is no better mechanic than Larry for the NSX in this area. See you around.

Oh and you had better post some pictures or folks will think it never happened. ;)

Last edited:
Honestly, even if you are mechanically inclined it is worth a trip to LarryB to take advantage of his vast experience.Congrats on your purchase and good job at being persistent and pursuing your dream, I hope it brings you and your wife lots of smiles.

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your purchase story...they are always great to read.

As you address each issue, keep us in the loop and let us know exactly what was wrong and how you addressed it. We all learn from each others experiences.

welcome to the NE owners group!

93NSX.jpgThanks for warm welcome.
The guy that I shook hands with on the deal was nice enough to call me after he backed out. Or he was so old that he didn't know how to text.
I live in NYC , but most of my toys are in PA . I'm not planning to bring NSX to the city. I always get some dents there.
I'm sure that I'll meet Larry soon or later. For now I'm planning to fix what I can and register it in the spring. The winter just started and this one is too nice to drive in the snow.
It wasn't to hard to talk my wife out of the cobra. Most of them don't have roof, power steering, heat or A/C. Please don't tell her that 93 NSX doesn't have power steering.
I was all day in the garage helping my son put muffler on his civic and playing with our new toy. So far I'm happy to report that rough idle was fixed with new gas and getting it to Vtec . Oil was dirty, but no metallic parts. The oil pan gasket has small drip. Will clean it all tomorrow to see more.

Last edited:
where in Pa is the car?

nice I'm close to 84 as well just closer to scranton.

Sometimes it's best other deals don't pan out, and you end up going home with the right car for you.

Looks to be in nice condition aside for the minor stuff you've mentioned! Enjoy

Mainly Large Mouth - it's just that the area [Northern Pa] is a fishing paradise - and now it's got an NSX, too.

It's good to know that there are more NSX close by. It's great to be part of this fantastic community.
While I was getting acorns from air filter I noticed that the rubber seal around the rear glass was touching the trunk. To move the rear glass forward you have to remove the headliner...
Because this baby was not driven much in the last 12 years, I don't know if I should do the timing belt now or drive it about 1000 miles and see if something will start to leak. It has only 63k miles.
So far I just replaced clutch and brake fluid. Also removed the heater,A/C control to be repaired. Does anybody knows good dent repair person in PA/NJ area? I have two dents on the fender.

Thank you

Back