• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I have come to the conclusion that a proper garage has...(sort of a poll)

I'll go first.

Basics are:
- Dishwasher for parts washing
- Washing machine for old rags
- Stereo for proper music
- Racking system for storage of soft drinks, parts, etc.

Of course, a normal person would say tools, jacks, etc. I am assuming you have some of this stuff.

What else do you have in your garage?

Beer fridge, a pressure washer, the already mentioned hoist, a big screen to go with the stereo, and some interesting car related wall art.

Gotta have an AC for me first and foremost. Everything else comes second.

central water drainage channel...makes floor clean-up and car washing indoors a reality.

[h=2]I have come to the conclusion that a proper garage has...[/h]
. . . an NSX in it. Duh!

A proper garage has to have every car i've wanted since I was 13.

I don't care for tools anymore. I don't care for lifts. I don't care for proper detailing equipment.

However, since i'm not rich and can't afford to pay people to do work... I gotta buy all of these ^^^ and pay myself nothing :)

Hs anyone done illuminated floors so that you have lighting under the car?

My former father in law had a detached garage that he restored old cars in. It had heat (Poulsbo, WA, no need for A/C), water, power for the welding equipment, parts washer, etc. Also had lots of lights. I don't remember a couch, but it did have benches for vices, disassembly of carburetors etc. It was big enough that he had at least 2 separate spaces, one for dirty work, and one for painting!

I've been thinking about adding a moat and a drawbridge to mine. Might do the crocodile pit under the front door step at the same time.
Need to get these projects completed before my daughters are teens.

Here’s another shot of the nsx with the S2000
A9CBFE35-22FF-466C-95BE-0B6E8F2B9C12.jpg
5034A3AF-52B5-4A20-A37B-3C6A9DD7EC88.jpg

Our garage has a lift, LED lights, compressed air, tools and plastic floor tiles.....but still needs insulation/heat (some day ;-)

Awesome garage anesthesia! I would love to here some details on the 100 series Toyota/Lexus. I have been wanting a clean low mileage one.

Our garage has a lift, LED lights, compressed air, tools and plastic floor tiles.....but still needs insulation/heat (some day ;-)

And I might add the inhabitants of the house attached to your garage are among the nicest of NSX owners I've met. Sorry, no pics of my garage -- it is a pigsty but I do store my Pinarello racing bicycle there to keep the NSX company. While I'd rather have another NSX in the garage to keep the /94 company someone who shall not be named seems to have cornered the NSX market in Michigan........

Back