• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 92 Berlina Black Build Progress

Where are you in Md? I'd like to see the red interior stiching in person and maybe get some tips on trying it myself?
I take my car to Ben's too. Where you the one he was telling me who was eyeing up my new steering wheel? :cool::tongue:

I'm in Rockville. Yeah, when Ben showed me that steering wheel, I was like "wowwww let me get it !" lol

Red stitching is not hard at all...just takes so much time. Best advise is to just do one line a day and take your time. Anyways, you are more than welcome to check it out in person (my car will be at Ben's soon)

im DYING to see the red stitch extravanza

all put together

amazing choices of

- type r red stitch shifter
- was it a nardi red stitch steering wheel
- recaro pole positions

this is one epic yet clean build coming.

im DYING to see the red stitch extravanza

all put together

amazing choices of

- type r red stitch shifter
- was it a nardi red stitch steering wheel
- recaro pole positions

this is one epic yet clean build coming.

Thanks ! I should be able to take some teaser pictures next week since my rails are arriving on Tuesday

This is one very talented guy, Tae you ROCK!!!!
Car looks amazing
Lets do a cruise SOOOOOON!!!!

bEN

Thanks Ben ! Cruise ? I am DOWN !! lol

Where are you at with regards to the ITBs & (functional) lexan hatch feeding them? :biggrin:

My ITB is arriving on Tuesday along with many other parts. I'm still waiting on my Lexan hatch so as soon as I get the Lexan, i'm going to get busy = )

Next little mod - carbon fibre skinning (wrapping) interior plastic pieces. These are real carbon fiber 2x2

CF1.jpg

CF_material.jpg

you can start a shop. id be a customer.

your ideas mods/tastes definitely scream the golden era of the import age about a decade ago; totally my kind/style of preferred mods.

Next little mod - carbon fibre skinning (wrapping) interior plastic pieces. These are real carbon fiber 2x2

CF1.jpg

CF_material.jpg

you can start a shop. id be a customer.

your ideas mods/tastes definitely scream the golden era of the import age about a decade ago; totally my kind/style of preferred mods.

LOL Thank you. :smile:.when I get a chance, I'll post up pictures of my other builds. Here is a sample picture of my track FD that I'm currently working on (actually, for the last 10 years lol)

Last edited:
Oh man, wow so nice.

Subscribed.

I love the pic of the white FD and your NSX. Any high resolution pics for that one?

To be continued....( Chris/SOS called me today and said they are shipping out my ITB setup :cool::cool: and Comptech shipped out my headers !! I will document everything !!

Ffing A - love it. Another ITB owner. Looking forward to reading more about the build. :)

Kudos to you, I never get bored of watching transformation of these cars and the wife thinks I'm sick

Little update on my carbon fibre skinning project since I know everyone likes to see pictures :biggrin: I still need to add clear epoxy/polish but shouldn't be that hard..just time consuming (drying time takes forever !!) I will be wrapping my center console/control switch panels next weekend

prepped and ready for its base coat

black pigment/epoxy/hardner

downsized_0807011720.jpg

downsized_0807011721.jpg

downsized_0807011720a.jpg

Here is a quick teaser :cool::biggrin:
downsized_0807011724a.jpg

Amazing, can you start a thread on how to wrap stuff?

I mean it would save us thousands buying the real thing.

your the Man thats for sure.

talented to the extreme.

keep it up

Amazing, can you start a thread on how to wrap stuff?

I mean it would save us thousands buying the real thing.

your the Man thats for sure.

talented to the extreme.

keep it up

Thanks !..I could make one but I'm not sure if it will help. The reason why I say that is because the hardest part, which requires you to maneuver the fabric around the pieces is not something I can write an instruction

Nice, your skinning kit looks like it's from carbonmods. Correct me if I am wrong. Glad to see a DIYer!!!:biggrin:

I bought my kit from Composite Envisions. The kit didnt come with any sand papers and I bought those brushes (kit came with 3 brushes but they were junks, I only used them to lay the base coat) to lay clear epoxy coat.

Back