• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 92 Berlina Black Build Progress

Aah sweet :) Is it louder? Or change or pitch; higher/lower?

It's definitely louder...its hard to describe it but it's growling now :smile:

any more picture of interior?

you are my hero!

amazing work.

Thanks you for your compliment. I have nothing installed in the interior..only thing I have in there are my door panels and steering wheel really.

did your armrest cover have a hold cut for the NSX plate? or would you have to tax the nsx plate off and put it back on after you apply the armrest cover? the one i bought is a solid piece throughout without a hole.

thank you.

No it did not come with the holes cut out. I just poked holes using a screw driver. There are two hex nuts in the back. Once you remove those two hex nuts, you can easily pry out the plate.

random picture from last night with a friend's GTR

IMG_0270.jpeg

awesome + thank you. that info will come in handy.

im surprised you didnt also get the side step leathers in black/red stitching as well!

if you could take a pic of the interior thus far with all the red stitching accents id love to see!

thank you tae

No it did not come with the holes cut out. I just poked holes using a screw driver. There are two hex nuts in the back. Once you remove those two hex nuts, you can easily pry out the plate.

It was raining here in DC area so decided to put the ITB puzzle together

0813011405.jpg

Getting ready !

Vacuum manifold done
0813011504.jpg

Linkage/IAC plate done
0813011638.jpg

All done !
0813012047.jpg

0813012047a.jpg

Cruised with this beast last night! This NSX is too sick.

It was pretty badass to see another NSX on the road with me. More to come !!

awesome + thank you. that info will come in handy.

im surprised you didnt also get the side step leathers in black/red stitching as well!

if you could take a pic of the interior thus far with all the red stitching accents id love to see!

thank you tae

Thanks, I already wrapped them with alcantara fabric since I had some left over. I'm going to see how it'll look with other pieces before I change them out.

Im not an all motor guy but this is some great stuff. Car looks great.

Thanks! I was debating between turbo vs ITB for a long time before I finally said "ITB it is!!"

What's the approximate bhp difference with the ITB arrangement? 20-30bph in a stock motor? Also, with such an arrangement your camshaft options should be better. Those runners appear long enough so torque should be nice and even.

This is looking nice man!! BBS Wheels looks lovely!

Thanks

What's the approximate bhp difference with the ITB arrangement? 20-30bph in a stock motor? Also, with such an arrangement your camshaft options should be better. Those runners appear long enough so torque should be nice and even.

I went to my friend's shop here in Maryland (PFSupercars) and got my base dyno before the ITB installation

0815011715.jpg

Tied down and ready to go !!
IMG_0311.jpeg

IMG_0323.jpeg

With Comptech header/SOS test pipe/Pride V2 exhaust/DF AIS

SAE correction 5.

Last edited:
Update on my CF pieces - my 1st batch of CF pieces are all done :biggrin:

downsized_0817011905.jpg

0816010329.jpg

Quick test fit
0817011956.jpg

Last edited:
thank you for this. amazing! not too hard either.

this is a very inspiring thread and you sir definately are deserving of your nsx.

are you also going to cf wrap up your centre console as well as the door panel switch panels as well? jdm nav pod planned in any way?

I found this online and it's pretty acurate based on my experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rTWaV1imzs

Any flat surface pieces are really easy. It's the ones with curves....errr

Last edited:
Definitely gives inspiration for my 91 berlina black! Quality work you are doing here.

Just finished intalling the ITB (well almost done) - I just need to upload the base map and install my gauges
a7.jpg

before ITB - added DEI gold thermo film

b1.jpg

taking things apart !

d2.jpg

20 years of mess :eek:

f2.jpg

before removing few things from factory IM

g6.jpg

fun part !

h1.jpg

almost there !!