• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 92 Berlina Black Build Progress

how much would you charge for to wrap up interior pieces/console for those members who would be willing to pay for your time/expertise?

looks AMAZING.

ps. lets see some pictures of that red stitch interior :) i see a tease of it on one of your pictures.

how much would you charge for to wrap up interior pieces/console for those members who would be willing to pay for your time/expertise?

looks AMAZING.

ps. lets see some pictures of that red stitch interior :) i see a tease of it on one of your pictures.

Thank you for your compliment but I think it's best to leave the wrap services to the pros :smile: My work is nothing compare to some of the amazing works I've seen done by the pros/other members on this forum.

I'll post the final interior pictures when I'm closed to being done. I only have weekends to work on them so it's taking me some time.

My CT headers came in today. I was going to install them myself but Ben (redbird92) from Daisy Imports expertise/price was too good. He is going to isntall them and I will take it to my friend's shop to get the base dyno numbers before the ITB installation.

Last edited:
Great choice with the Comptech- best option after OEM for fit and finish, unless you want to take out a second mortgage for Fujitsubo. :D Love this build!

How did you prep the door sill molding? It looks like you sanded it before applying the epoxy? I want to wrap my ivory molding with an ivory colored vinyl wrap since the OEM plastic is yellowed with all sorts of brown scratches in it.

Great choice with the Comptech- best option after OEM for fit and finish, unless you want to take out a second mortgage for Fujitsubo. :D Love this build!

I like the new CT badge. As an alternative to CT and Fujitsubo, you can always get a set of Hytech headers. They'll price between the CT and Fujitsubo.

How did you prep the door sill molding? It looks like you sanded it before applying the epoxy? I want to wrap my ivory molding with an ivory colored vinyl wrap since the OEM plastic is yellowed with all sorts of brown scratches in it.

FWIW, I have the same ivory interior and was planning on just getting the DF carbon pieces and getting them color matched ivory with a heavy clearcoat. I've got new OE units but don't want them to get as jacked as the originals on the car now.

I love this build, really terrific work. Keep it up.

Great build and everything so far looks really tasteful! Keep it up.

Thanks !

All you need to do is sand them down. If you are planning on wrapping them with vinyl, don't use the epoxy. You just need to spay contact cement on top of it after prepping the piece. I don't recommand using 3M as they can't really withstand heat that well.

I like the new CT badge. As an alternative to CT and Fujitsubo, you can always get a set of Hytech headers. They'll price between the CT and Fujitsubo.

FWIW, I have the same ivory interior and was planning on just getting the DF carbon pieces and getting them color matched ivory with a heavy clearcoat. I've got new OE units but don't want them to get as jacked as the originals on the car now.

Have you checked out the colored carbon fabrics ??

Couple of parts came in today :cool::biggrin::cool: BIG props/thanks to Chris/Jeff/Brian from SOS..you guys ROCK !!

0809011817.jpg

0809011836.jpg

0809011830.jpg

downsized_0809011824.jpg

downsized_0809011829.jpg

0809011841.jpg

0809011839.jpg

0809011833.jpg

0809011834.jpg

0809011834b.jpg

0809011827.jpg

Last edited:
Have you spoken to SoS about the benefits of either hand porting (rough finish) or Extrude Honing the runners on those ITBs?

In addition, what about Swain Tech coating the mating side of the intake? Or maybe even a custom Hondata-type gasket?

Have you spoken to SoS about the benefits of either hand porting (rough finish) or Extrude Honing the runners on those ITBs?

In addition, what about Swain Tech coating the mating side of the intake? Or maybe even a custom Hondata-type gasket?

No I have not. I'm planning on triple chrome dipping the runners.

P.S I just picked up my car from Ben's shop (Daisy Imports here iin MD) after the header installation.....the exhaust note is...SICK !!!:eek:

I am curious what you do for a living, because it has to be something where there is a massive amount of detail and patience involved. Wonderful work.

I love this build thread.

What are you lowered on?

Everything is coming along nicely.:cool:

I am curious what you do for a living, because it has to be something where there is a massive amount of detail and patience involved. Wonderful work.

Don't you see he owns a sweat shop?
Here's an underage worker in the dungeon:biggrin:.............................j/k Tae

prep.jpg

...detail/patience...I have to thank my father. He used to hit my head with his chopsticks during our Asian chess match and said "yadadada" (lol meaning patience) lol

I love this build thread.

What are you lowered on?

Everything is coming along nicely.:cool:

Don't you see he owns a sweat shop?
Here's an underage worker in the dungeon:biggrin:.............................j/k Tae

prep.jpg

LOL that's funny..I'm using KW3 coilovers

Next mod - 02+ tail light

0811011626.jpg

0811011733a.jpg

Before
0811011724.jpg

I'll post the "after" pix tomorrow once I'm done installing them.

After
0812011804.jpg

Last edited:
little update on my carbon fiber interior project

0812010059.jpg

After 5 coats of clear epoxy/hardner - looking rough

0812010107.jpg

Sand it like theres no tomorrow :smile:

0812010104.jpg

It's coming along !! :cool:

I took out my window trims/center console/upper steering column to be wrapped over the weekend..so stay tuned for the finished product :smile:

P.S and added the black leather/red stich arm rest cover today..Thanks Ben !!

0811011417.jpg

Last edited:
any more picture of interior?

you are my hero!

amazing work.

little update on my carbon fiber interior project

0812010059.jpg

After 5 coats of clear epoxy/hardner - looking rough

0812010107.jpg

Sand it like theres no tomorrow :smile:

0812010104.jpg

It's coming along !! :cool:

I took out my window trims/center console/upper steering column to be wrapped over the weekend..so stay tuned for the finished product :smile:

0811011417.jpg

jesus your dropping huge money piles:biggrin:

great build

did your armrest cover have a hold cut for the NSX plate? or would you have to tax the nsx plate off and put it back on after you apply the armrest cover? the one i bought is a solid piece throughout without a hole.

thank you.

0811011417.jpg

Back