• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help with Car Show on 5/17/14

My 15 year old Paige (many of you have met her at a River Run) is organizing a charity car show on May 17, 2014 with all net proceeds going to Camp Good Days (money will be presented at Kids' Day this summer). I am on bended knee looking for members of our group willing to volunteer some time that day to both enter a car and if possible assist with judging. Roger has graciously volunteered his services and thankfully will be there since I cannot be there.

Unfortunately the high school gave the kids only one day on which the show could be held and I will be away that weekend at a graduation. I know it's asking a lot from our group to pitch in when I can't be there but it is for a great cause and if you can show up with any car and just be "available" to help judge the winners it would be greatly appreciated.

The website is: www.SomersCarShow.com

Many of you have have attended Kids' Day at The Glen and know how special those children are. I am proud of Paige for taking on this responsibility for such a great cause and now we need as many cars as possible to show up to make the event a success.

It is called a "memorial" car show because one of Paige's classmates died shortly before she would have started as a freshman at Somers High School but the school did not want us to name the show after her. Paige was hoping that the girl would have been able to attend Camp Good Days as a camper but she passed away at the age of only 15 before she had the chance to be a camper.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Bob have no fear I'll be there to help out with what ever they need; Parking , collecting money, judging, or what ever?? Best to you and the KIDS, your buddy the ole guy.. Roger I will be there on time!!

It would be my pleasure to help Bob my health permitting of course. These kids need this kind of support.

Bob,
Unfortunately I have a conflict that day. Let me know if there's any other way I can help, in addition to the obvious donation.

Bob,

I will certainly try to make it and will also cross post in the P-car club forums as well. BTW am planning my track schedule this year and didn't see Kids day on the Trackmaster's site. You may want to let them know to identify the date.

See you soon.

Tytus

I spoke with Alan Offsie and he's planning on attending as well!!! Come on guys, let's support Camp Good Days, more than once a year!!! This one's local, and no overnight required!!!

I am working the weekend at night but will do all i can to attend
pm me your phone number and i will see if i can get anyone else involved.

Bob have no fear I'll be there to help out with what ever they need; Parking , collecting money, judging, or what ever?? Best to you and the KIDS, your buddy the ole guy.. Roger I will be there on time!!

I'll believe it when I see it!!! Did you leave yet????

Thanks again for all the support.

Kids' Day isn't on the official trackmasters calendar probably because the camp won't let outside clubs any longer - except for the NSX club. I anticipate it will that same Wednesday in July as prior years but the Camp hasn't set their calendar yet either.

- - - Updated - - -

I am working the weekend at night but will do all i can to attend
pm me your phone number and i will see if i can get anyone else involved.

Thanks. Done

Barring catastrophe at work, I will role in with RJD1022... I'm up for whatever you need help with.

Bob, just became a NSX owner for 2 days but I'm ready to help! Please let me know who to look for and whatever I can do. PM me! See my new owner thread to learn my story!

Frankie

Bob, just became a NSX owner for 2 days but I'm ready to help! Please let me know who to look for and whatever I can do. PM me! See my new owner thread to learn my story!

Frankie

Congrats Frankie - I see you have added a blue to our Northeast stable - - great choice!

First of all, you should join the NSXCA, http://www.nsxca.org/nsxca/join/, and then try to make the Northeast dinner we will be announcing shortly.

As for the car show, not unexpectedly our northeast family appears to be stepping up to help out so as of right now I am having Paige contact only Roger to avoid too many people getting emails. She and and her fellow students will be handling the arrangements up until the day of (I hope......) so our group would pitch in during the show by having a great group of NSXs on display in addition to providing judging of the cars. I figure since we all own NSXs we have impeccable taste in cars which makes us highly qualified to judge others.....

Thanks again for your interest and CONGRATS!!!!!

RSO, I'm driving Summit Point that weekend in West Va. otherwise I'd be there.

As for Kids day - Track Masters is at the Glen July 23-24, so maybe it will be like last year.

Will do Bob.

Roger, please let me know the in and out of this. I'll do whatever it takes to make it a success. I'm a co-chair of Diabetes Research Institute's Kids' Carnival for a Cure. My son is a type 1 diabetic since 5, so I'm very well aware of all our children needs.

First step for everyone is to go to the website, print the "Registration Form", fill in, mail with a check for $10 Payable to: Somers High School
The more NSX's, the more cars the better.

You guys should only know what I'm not going to, so I can do this!!!

You are making me feel incredibly guilty. Maybe you should talk to your lawyer to free me up..........

Life is about choices, I made one. If I plead your case with my lawyer, I might use up my future leverage!!!

Back