• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help with Car Show on 5/17/14

I have a family obligation that came up for this Saturday but will be there for the Kids at the Glen. Have fun everyone, wish I could join you.

Tytus

We have a commitment of 15 cars from the Driving Force Club (Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches).

Are we going to permit them to show up in larger numbers than us?.......................

Paige; Bob, Rogie, Im out sleeping in Sara Jane we are ready to start the engine.. Will be there with the donut holes..before 7:30AM SAT 17th Love to all Clem

Paige; Bob, Rogie, Im out sleeping in Sara Jane we are ready to start the engine.. Will be there with the donut holes..before 7:30AM SAT 17th Love to all Clem

Clem, no matter what Roger says about you Paige says you're the best!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

PLEASE NOTE the Show is rain or shine since we can only get the property for Saturday due to sports commitments. However, the forecast is looking better with perhaps some residual light rain early in the morning with sun by mid morning. But this is all for the kids of Camp Good Days who would love for their worst day to be one in which their cars get rained on. So we would ask for everyone's indulgence in staging the cars "on time" and since we are on school property, "extra credit" will be given during judging to all those brave car owners who display evidence that their favorite ride has, indeed, "seen rain". :biggrin:

TonyD, if my car is fixed by Friday and I'm able to attend, I will bring Roast Pork Buns from Chinatown! That's only if I can get the car fixed by Friday. My part which suppose to overnight didn't get here and probably will not get here till late tomorrow which I will only be able to bring it in on Friday. Crossing my fingers and if I have to, my toes! :biggrin:

For those who never heard of Roast Pork Buns, look it up in the internet. It's a Chinese delicacy.

Frankie

I am going with my neighbor on sat. Leaving Throgsneck Bridge at 7:30. Mike, let me know if u wanna caravan.

We all love our rides but does anyone have what it takes to win of these (or one of the other 24) trophies to be awarded on Saturday at the 2014 Somers Memorial Car Show?.............................

trophies2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The Camp can use our help even more than ever. I don't know how many saw the news but they sustained quite a bit of flood damage the other night. Now more than ever we need this show to be a success.

http://www.13wham.com/news/features...-good-days-seeks-help-after-storm-11949.shtml

Attachments

• trophies.jpg
    trophies.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thanks to GSV NSX for making me aware of this show for a great cause... I will be swinging over in the AM! See everyone tomorrow.

Just got word from Bob, don't worry about coming over and getting dirty, he'll have a hose (and hopefully water source) so you can do a quick clean up. Since Ron will be there, all of our cars will look dirty compared to his anyway!!!

Here is the latest. There is a fundraising car wash at primrose elem school which is right next to the high school where we are staging. They are raising funds for another purpose and are separate from us although all part of the same town. We cannot put out a hose to avoid taking away from their efforts so how about this for an idea. If your car is dirty and you want them to wash it for a donation, you would be helping them out. Of your car is dirty and you prefer to not let someone else wash it, give them a donation and use their hose. Win/win!

Let's hope they're not using dishwashing soap!!

Here's an update to my slave issue. I was able to get my mechanic to get the slave fixed but he just doesn’t have the time to do the master since he's really packed and he took me in. Anyway, if nothing else fails, I'll be at the show hopefully around 7:30am. Since I promise I will get some breakfast treats, I will not be caravanning since I need to cross Chinatown. I notice I can take some really nice curvy roads like Taconic so I'll be heading toward west side and north. It'll be a nice ride. My car is a mess, the mechanic's helper thought my car was the one that needed one of those no wash wax job so he applied it and now the car has all kinds of smudges. Anyway, I'll definitely do the charity car wash. I'm not one of those die hard, no rain, always has to be shinning type of guy so I really don't care much about who cleans the car. My car is mean to be driven regardless of the weather, well, other than snow or heavy rain. So I hope my drama is done for a while and I'll definitely going to enjoy my very first NSX outing! See you all tomorrow!

I want to extend my thank you to a few who really help me on this issue, Larry B., Mike (arista5), Ben (redbird92) and Raj (DreamPowered). Thank you all for given me all the suggestions and leads!

From Central Jersey

Okay, I'm not getting there that early, but . . .

Google says it should take 1 hour 52 minutes so figure if I plan on leaving at 600am, I'll leave at 630am and should arrive around 8am. If any others from this area want to join me, let me know (call or email not a PM as I won't know you did that).

btw I have not wash my car ever so I do hope one of those awards is for the most 'natural' car.

I have a slight chance at winning that. Hint. Hint.

Okay, I'm not getting there that early, but . . .

Google says it should take 1 hour 52 minutes so figure if I plan on leaving at 600am, I'll leave at 630am and should arrive around 8am. If any others from this area want to join me, let me know (call or email not a PM as I won't know you did that).

btw I have not wash my car ever so I do hope one of those awards is for the most 'natural' car.

I have a slight chance at winning that. Hint. Hint.

Depends, which car are you bringing? How much cash will you have?

Back