• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help with Car Show on 5/17/14

Given the tremendous show of support from everyone "the boss" has suggested that she try to find a way that I could stay during the show but come up for the graduation dinner after the show. She commented that based upon the way I drive that I should be able to make the dinner. Karen is very appreciative of all of you stepping up to help Paige make this a success (and I have been feeling more and more guilty for asking for help when I couldn't be there) that we are trying to make it work so at least I am there in person to help Paige make you all work.....

But, seriously, the response from all of you is GREATLY appreciated by us.

And I represent Nancy.

As distasteful as it sounds, Karen and I are salivating at the prospects of a potential divorce between these two....... :tongue:

Behave Roger, you know if you say something, you can only lose!!! Count to ten...................................
Whew, OK, no comments from me.

First step for everyone is to go to the website, print the "Registration Form", fill in, mail with a check for $10 Payable to: Somers High School
The more NSX's, the more cars the better.

You guys should only know what I'm not going to, so I can do this!!!

What is the website address?:confused:

Last edited:
Looks like we're going to have a great turnout, now all we need is great weather!!!! Come on spring, I've had enough winter already!!!!

It was in the first post:

www.SomersCarShow.com

Edit: Oops, my bad. didn't see someone else had posted up the link. Plus I though Clem wrote the post and figured I better yell my response in case his hearing aid was turned down again.....

Thanks Bob. I think that we will wait until the day of the event and that way the kids will get more $$. :smile:

Thanks Bob. I think that we will wait until the day of the event and that way the kids will get more $$. :smile:

No need to wait until the day of. Trust me, we will have ways to take your money such as with food and raffles (we continue to get support from the community for raffle prizes and there is no limit on how many you can win - the more tickets you buy, the more chances you have to win one of the prizes).

The family of Paige's classmate who passed away has now approved the use of her name in association with the car show.

The 2014 Somers Memorial Car Show is dedicated to the memory of Monique Williams who passed away in 2012 at the age of 15 after a long battle with leukemia. Monique was a resident of Somers and a student in the Somers public schools. She lost her battle with cancer as she was beginning her freshman year at Somers High School, the location of this year's Car Show.

I hope your car show goes well, what a wonderful tribute...........

As of now its the only thing on my calendar that day. I should be there

Be nice to see you again Mike and thanks for thinking about me and especially the Camp Good Days kids.

Rich

- - - Updated - - -

The family of Paige's classmate who passed away has now approved the use of her name in association with the car show.

The 2014 Somers Memorial Car Show is dedicated to the memory of Monique Williams who passed away in 2012 at the age of 15 after a long battle with leukemia. Monique was a resident of Somers and a student in the Somers public schools. She lost her battle with cancer as she was beginning her freshman year at Somers High School, the location of this year's Car Show.

:frown: That is awesome for the name of the show. Our prayers go out to Monique and her family and thoughts are with you.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to wait until the day of. Trust me, we will have ways to take your money such as with food and raffles (we continue to get support from the community for raffle prizes and there is no limit on how many you can win - the more tickets you buy, the more chances you have to win one of the prizes).

Sounds good.

Last edited:
We are getting close to the magic number of 15 to be able to have a Best NSX Trophy awarded. A big THANK YOU shout out to Ron for registering to say he is coming all the way from Buffalo. Any of you closer guys feeling guilty right about now............ :biggrin:

We are getting close to the magic number of 15 to be able to have a Best NSX Trophy awarded. A big THANK YOU shout out to Ron for registering to say he is coming all the way from Buffalo. Any of you closer guys feeling guilty right about now............ :biggrin:

Registered NSX today. Willie will have to stay home.

We are starting to receive the mailed registration forms so thank you to those who have already registered.

The school doesn't quite understand the dynamics of car show registrations and is a little antsy about not seeing more people signing up since they are giving us the grounds at no charge and I guess they want to see that the event will be a "success". In order to appease the school officials, it would be appreciated if those who know they definitely will be able to attend could please send in their forms to show the school we are committed.

Thanks for understanding.

Back