• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX GT Radiator Cooling Panel (New Release) Pre Order

Aesthetic purposes should at least not alter function in a worse way. Clearly this changes airflow. The question is, in a good way or a bad way? I'd be happy to buy one of these if it is at the very least not causing something to get worse. I am currently running an R hood and DF duct. Seems like this would keep air from escaping from the top. But why didn't the factory seal it up better? I don't even have access to my car now to take a serious look.

I am not trying to put a damper on sales, I am asking because I'd be interested in one too but I think answering these questions is important.

Same here. Both in opinion and what I'll be running in 2013 (scoop hood/duct).

Since we don't have a comment from the builder yet (no offense) I'll detail my question more.

The hood is closed. This is under the front of the hood. The radiator is beneath this. How, aerodynamically, does this part channel more air to the radiator?

It definitely looks nice. For a ducted hood though I agree I don't think it would be functional but then again its hard to know. You would need track tests before and after install. Wish something like this was made for where the engine was so at least it would be seen more often.

All of your questions have already been addressed another thread we had on this item. This question does not need to be asked repeatedly.

The function of a cooling panel is to block the air from escaping the radiator area and "force" it to only pass through the radiator instead of allowing it to go around the radiator. By blocking the air from escaping in a good way, the air can only exit through the radiator (thus) increasing cooling efficiency.

The ducted hood serves an entirely different purpose, to allow the air passing through the radiator to escape easily and efficiently.

Our panel will be compatible with ducted hoods, and will work effectively in conjunction with.

http://www.tein.com/carbing/radiator-cooling-plate.html

Last edited:
I've had a miraculous thought... Happens when you are dropped on the head as a child, as I was. The product forces all air coming in the radiator duct through the radiator itself, and doesn't allow air to escape upwards in front of the radiator? If that's it I think dumb guy here finally gets it... ;-)

Not trying to belittle or anything...

yes exactly. Some air that does not pass through the radiator, goes upward and around the radiator. This panel helps keep that in check, and at the same time, looks amazing under the hood.

Perfect. Also, kudos on your coolant tank (just found that thread too), looks bombproof, unlike everything else built out there.

Where is this other thread all these questions were discussed? I can't find it. Hey have my lugnuts shipped? :)

I'll take a black one as well with the black fasteners please.

Thank you for all of the calls / emails etc.

We are currently closed until the 30th of December, so please contact us starting Dec. 31st (Monday) to place your orders / pay your orders.

If you have decided on finish of panel you want, please add your selection in a reply post in this thread. Note, all of the panels from here on out will have our laser-emblem installed as pictured. Thank you.

Last edited:
USAF guy, your panel was an early production so yours has the option but all of the remaining panels in the production have been "standardized". It's not cost effective for me to make 20 different options and stock them all. So if you want laser etch which is not noted on your selection on the list, I need to know ASAP. If your name is not on the list as of yesterday, you are on the 2nd production which is only coming with the emblem installed. Laser etch will not be an option.

This product is just a version of Detlef, from Pro-Car Specials, "Radiator Gap Seal" made of carbon fibre.
They both force escaping air that would be able to bypass the radiator, through it instead of letting some go round and makes the Type-R hood minimually more effective if you have the ducting as well for that hood.
Same theory for the OEM hood as well.

Cheers
nigel

PS. With Red Fasteners please. Thanks!
Fernando

Added.

Also for those waiting, the official update is the panels are still at the anodizers. I should be getting them back early next week (they had some delay getting them colored in the timeline I hoped for, out of my control unfortunately when dealing with other small businesses...) But they are on track! Stay tuned.

Started shipping them today. I'll update as needed:

photo-109.jpg

1. Sleek - Silver Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
2. NSX1145 - Silver Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
3. flexthatdx - Red Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
4. Phoenix599 - Black Anodized w/ 1 Red Washers Kit - ORDERED / PAID SHIPPED
5. doc_tai - Black Anodized - ORDERED / PAID SHIPPED
6. ALwAyS4SaLe - Black Anodized w/ NSX ETCH LOGO - ORDERED
7. Jonnya_nsx - Red Anodized w/ 1 Black Washers Kit / 2 Red Washers Kit - ORDERED / PAID
8. Ramirez428 - Black Anodized - ORDERED
9. Venom2049 - Red Anodized - ORDERED
10. Caroline-NSX - Black Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
11. g3driver - Red Anodized w/ 1 Black Washers Kit- ORDERED / PAID
12. Cptnsx - Black Anodized - ORDERED
13. Formula 170 - Silver Anodized - ORDERED
14. NSXRAY1 - Red Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
15. Thunder - Red Wrinkle Powdercoat - w/ Red Washers Kit - ORDERED
16. enaione - ?
17. UnhuZ - Black Anodized - w/ Black Washers Kit - ORDERED
18. Ponyboy - Black Anodized - w/ Black Washers Kit - ORDERED
19. Deylo - Black Anodized - w/ Red Washers Kit - ORDERED
20. Blood Stone - Silver Anodized w/ 1 Blue Washers Kit - ORDERED / PAID
21. Anesthesia - ?
22. Kris79 - Black Anodized - ORDERED
23. NSaneXr - Black Anodized - ORDERED / PAID SHIPPED
24. CL65 Captain - Black Anodized - w/ Black Washers Kit - ORDERED / PAID SHIPPED
25. ChrisK - Silver Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
26. Local TX - Red Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
27. Local TX - Red Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
28. Local TX - Red Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
29. Local TX - Red Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
30. Local TX - Black Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
31. Local TX - Black Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
32. Local TX - Black Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
33. Local TX - Black Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
34. Local TX - Silver Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
35. Local TX - Silver Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
36. Local TX - Silver Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
37. Local TX - Silver Anodized - ORDERED / PAID
38. Winreboot - Black Anodized w/ 1 Black Washers Kit - ORDERED / PAID SHIPPED
39. jaffaz32 - Black Anodized w/ 1 Red Washers Kit - ORDERED / PAID
40. USAFguy22 - Black Anodized w/ 1 Black Washers Kit + Laser Etch NSX Logo - ORDERED / PAID
41. IRVINFLA - Black Anodized - ORDERED / PAID SHIPPED
42. Vi3tBoy - Black Anodized - ORDERED
43. Frank Spano - Black Anodized - ORDERED
44. Valhalla - Black Anodized - w/ 1 Black Washers Kit - ORDERED
45. Dagluestick - Black Anodized w/ 1 Black Washers Kit - ORDERED / PAID
46. Boostedtaco - Black Anodized w/ 1 Black Washers Kit - ORDERED
47. fyrnup - Black Anodized w/ 1 Black Washers Kit - ORDERED / PAID
48. MP600 - Black Anodized w/ 1 Black Washers Kit - ORDERED / PAID
49. Diddy* - Black Anodized w/ 1 Black Washers Kit - ORDERED
50. Socold57* - Black Anodized - ORDERED
51. xrc* - Black Anodized - ORDERED
52. NA1MT* - Black Anodized w/ 1 Black Washers Kit - ORDERED