• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owners, post YOUR garage or workspace.

I'm done with this thread lol

148224_1581655219642_2559444_n.jpg

155577_1581654019612_2149342_n.jpg

Just did an "epoxy" floor, they offer a lifetime warranty against chip and peel.

Just did an "epoxy" floor, they offer a lifetime warranty against chip and peel.

The company I used said they have a 20 year warranty so I've been calling them for most of last summer and part of this summer to come fix it. But I heard they stopped carrying the product now. Really frustrating because think they didn't put it on thick enough. Maybe I will find a different company in Bismarck.

has anyone applied a vinyl floor? I've seen "sheets" in 12' length, as well single squares, in a black and white pattern. wondering if the finish line pattern will hold up... and look respectable.

has anyone applied a vinyl floor? I've seen "sheets" in 12' length, as well single squares, in a black and white pattern. wondering if the finish line pattern will hold up... and look respectable.
If you go to The Garage Journal forum, you'll see that most who have gone this route say vinyl has problems sticking to the concrete as well as not holding up well to hot tires driving on it.
A sort of double whammy of 'not good' ;-P

Brian

Polysporatic garage floor coating. Last much longer and much tougher than old school epoxy, but 75% more $. It was $2,600 to do my two car garage (440 sq ft).

2013-11-16 11.33.55.jpg2013-11-16 11.32.07.jpg

Last edited:
I love the garages of guys without kids^^^.........somewhere buried amongst the bikes/sleds/toys/wifes planters/pots/ is my car:rolleyes:

The company I used said they have a 20 year warranty so I've been calling them for most of last summer and part of this summer to come fix it. But I heard they stopped carrying the product now. Really frustrating because think they didn't put it on thick enough. Maybe I will find a different company in Bismarck.

Let me know what product you end up going with as I have a very similar climate here in Montana.

I've been looking at garage plans and since I am going to have to have my entrance doors on the "end" of mine I decided to go with something along this line - except I am going to have the building redesigned to be another 16'-ish longer more than likely (60' length) to increase the overall shop space. I have an apartment complex alongside my property so the 2nd level's main purpose will be to allow for more privacy. Also, with 2 kids now we don't have a guest room in the house anymore so when friends/relatives stay out there and have some privacy at night/in the mornings. Plus, I like the storage along both sides of the 2nd level and the roof inside the first is tall enough to fit a lift or two under :)

http://justgarageplans.com/3786/plan-detail/16-012.php

133351220950252e2a1fad5.jpg

98577267750252e2a8dc74.jpg

Jeesh ProOnthaSnow that is going to be AWESOME!

Mine is pretty simple 26'x42, first 20' is storage truss and the last 22' is scissor truss.

Next up on the list is a two post lift in the back.

These were taken right after if was built.

P9290067_zpse6d443e9.jpg

P9290069_zpsd9589fde.jpg

Here's a pic from a rainy day last summer.
20130616_121310_zpsc97097ad.jpg

Yeah, it'll be nice. The 2 car garage I've got now is oversized and works, but I need more room. As it is, the NSX and my Drag Car are taking up most of the room in it and I want a larger area to work in and a lift in my own backyard, plus the wife wants a spot in the garage. We plan on picking up either an S2000, or possibly an EVO IX (we've got 2 kids) come spring time possibly for "her" fun car and I'll want it garaged too, so we've run out of room quickly. I'm just hoping I can get the shop accomplished for about $40,000 - my brother is going to do the concrete for it and the driveway leading up to it and another buddy is going to give me a screaming deal on drywall installation. I've got another friend who's an electrician who said he'd wire it for me for a couple cases of beer and access to the lift every now and again. I haven't decided if I am just going to hire a contractor and have them do it all since I lack a schedule and always work out of town, or if I am going to attempt to organize it all myself. One of my best friend's parents throughout High School owned a framing company and he's since retired, but he has said he'd come out and frame it all up for me... so we'll see where it goes. I'm sure it'll be cheaper if I do all the leg work and contract people out, but it could also be a giant headache...

Nothing fancy. Holds the necessities.... Beer and NSX. Hope to redo the floor in the spring :biggrin:

Attachments

• garage pic.jpg
    garage pic.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 751
Back