• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owners, post YOUR garage or workspace.

You have a lot of potential. Great canvas if you go to town on the garage....

Thank you, will paint cabinets and workbench, add some drywall and add a racedek tile checker pattern to make the wife mad. Why not?

My wife lets me decorate the garage how I please. The caveat : No automotive decor inside the house.

Found a pic of my old garage, you can see we have a serious overlow issue...haha ~lucky here in CA weather is pretty timid :)

- - - Updated - - -

I love the garages of guys without kids^^^.........somewhere buried amongst the bikes/sleds/toys/wifes planters/pots/ is my car:rolleyes:

LOL, I hear ya ~ lucky I have two garages one for family cars and one for my "toys". The family garage is actually carpeted and houses a Power Wheels pink Bug, host of kid wagons, cycles, and other kid related toys plus we recently added a LG TV and Roku in there for the kids. Nice to separate my work tools away from there one less hazard for me to worry about.

A lot of friends are shocked we use carpet in the garage but it works well and we just roll the carpet away as needed. My wife has more junk littered in the family garage than me mostly with medical books and devices. I joke with her we can be an emergency ER during a disaster.

Update on the garage..... lighting is mostly done.... they are now painting and sealing the floors and adding some base board trim to the office, storage, and main garage area. Then she'll be done until spring.

One step done.... many more to finish!

fL6LRnml.jpg

The shop side floor isn't getting painted, its just getting a clear sealer.

CEzQJHbl.jpg

From the beginning i wanted lights mounted on the wall like this for washing/detailing.... but ive raised concern as to why the used a plugin outlet... im worried about spraying water on those outlets when im washing my tall trucks. The fixtures are all water proof at least. Plus the cords look like an after thought..... so we'll see what they can do about it.

eAoSiC5l.jpg

Loft/storage area and office all have can lights

fv8UVK3l.jpg

I'm a closet wannabe architect so I completely love this thread and seeing the layouts & progress photos. (I laid out a two-apartment 2BR/2BA floorplan for an ongoing renovation project over last year's Superbowl Sunday and enjoyed doing that more than the game). Please don't be shy and please keep updates & layout drawings & photos coming, even also "great garage ideas" in addition to all the garage mahals, like floor treatments & storage ideas; in a month I'll have a garage again for the 1st time since 2004 and one of my mantras for this fresh start will be to limit the amount of anything stored physically on the floor other than the NSX. Reduces the accumulation of dirt and hard-to reach debris, makes clean-up so much easier, and just looks/feels so much better. So I'll be looking into wall-mounted shelves that don't contact the floor (if not at least contact the ground only near the edge of the walls). So any great ideas or lessons learned or recommendations for creative garage storage would great. Can't wait to research online & review this thread from post #1 this weekend to look for ideas...

PUREVIL, That place is amazing. Very cool.

Nice Purevil, envious of the space you created and the current work. =)

Thanks.... i hope to get moved in this weekend.... the upstairs was an after thought so that will get finished over the next year. If there is one mistake i think i made so far... is that I didn't put in a utility sink on the shop/wash bay side. I dont know why I didn't. LOL

Purevil, very inspiring. My dream garage right there. Can't wait to see it all done.

Emptied out my cabinets at the old house so I can move them in this week. I cant set them up because the shop floor isn't coated yet. But I can move them into the building. Some other minor details will need to be addressed... some of the dry wall is starting to crack because the heat difference from the floor to ceiling... something I wish the contractor would have told me about then I would have considered all steel paneling. And im not sure why the exterior lights are yellow.... i hate yellow lights. So hopefully those bulbs can be changed out.

The 10X10 garage door works so I was able to pull in my first vehcile and it was the CRV aka the Shibamobile, dropping off the cabinet contents.

Biggest garage in Minot ND?

I will be curious how your floor coating holds up to abrasions, I'm under the impression it can scratch easily if something is dragged or dropped onto the surface.
Very nice space and seems well thought out.

I will be curious how your floor coating holds up to abrasions, I'm under the impression it can scratch easily if something is dragged or dropped onto the surface.

If that is a proper epoxy coating it'll hold up very well, I have had the coating from Stonhard for 8 years in my shop and it still looks decent - for the first 4 years it looked new.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my favorite part

Garage is done... shop still needs to have the floor coated. But I got some stuff moved in and got a chance to mess around in there. Im very happy, just a few minor details still need to be finished. Most of them cant be done until spring.

First car on the lift.... my friends Evo was having some issues so the guys tried helping him out.

Got the cars moved in.... just need to clean some of them.... motorcycles will have to wait until spring I think.

The white truck is parked in the attached garage at the house... but i was working on changing lights and adjusting light bars.

Washed off the rzr

Tool box, benches, cabinets are all over the place while we wait for the shop side to get coated.

- - - Updated - - -

They seem to hold up well... Im pretty careful with the floors... the shop side will just be a clear sealer over smoothed concrete to resist stains and hopefully scratches. The garage side shouldn't have to many abrasions, my biggest complaint is keeping them clean... im going to have to buy a floor scrubber or something.

For floor sweeping a power sweeper is what you need, especially in a large space. For everyday use a simple wide dust broom will work which is nothing more than a glorified "California duster"for floors.

http://elgee.com/pwr_swp_gas_clip.html

I like the look of your floors PUREVIL, I may go this route or staining should I ever remove my floor tiles.

Whoa thats pretty badass sweeper... how much is that?

- - - Updated - - -

I got tired of walking to the other side to get tools... since most of this stuff is on wheels I can easily move it when they come to coat the shop side. :)

And putting the lift through its paces....

lrSEUUv.jpg

with radiant heat that garage is nirvana......Is the roof metal? how will you be cooling in the summer?

:eek::eek::eek::eek: amazing.

Update on the garage..... lighting is mostly done.... they are now painting and sealing the floors and adding some base board trim to the office, storage, and main garage area. Then she'll be done until spring.

One step done.... many more to finish!

fL6LRnml.jpg

The shop side floor isn't getting painted, its just getting a clear sealer.

CEzQJHbl.jpg

From the beginning i wanted lights mounted on the wall like this for washing/detailing.... but ive raised concern as to why the used a plugin outlet... im worried about spraying water on those outlets when im washing my tall trucks. The fixtures are all water proof at least. Plus the cords look like an after thought..... so we'll see what they can do about it.

eAoSiC5l.jpg

Loft/storage area and office all have can lights

fv8UVK3l.jpg

Great looking shop!!!!! and glad to see you putting it to use.

Back