• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owners, post YOUR garage or workspace.

PUREVIL, being that you're in ND and have that collection - I do have to ask, Which company do you own, or which company is leasing your mineral rights?! Hahaha. Just playing man, beautiful cars. Next time I'm in Minot if it's summertime, I want a ride in that GTR! I still have yet to experience one! (there's 2 in Billings, but I don't know they guys who own them and they don't come to any of the local meets).

Beautiful shop. I wish I had enough room at my house for one that size!

Pure. Is the shop insulated? What type of temps can you hold in the shop when it dips below zero?

Your loft has potential. Texas Hold 'Em table?

with radiant heat that garage is nirvana......Is the roof metal? how will you be cooling in the summer?

Shingle roof... while building the garage I was remodeling the house so I had to make scarfices. So hopefully I get many years use out of this roof and when its time to be replaced I will do metal. As for summer, im hoping that keeping the doors closed and no windows will keep it cool. Ive got some tower fans that I used in my old garage that kept it cool in the summer, i will see how well they do in this space. if they work well then maybe ill buy a couple of those big ass fans to help cool it. If that doesn't work then I will explore doing some AC.

Gees PUREVIL... Making my current garage project seem like peanuts in comparison.

Its not a competition, im just sharing :)

Whelp. You win.

See above post LOL

Great looking shop!!!!! and glad to see you putting it to use.

Between me and my friends, we've been using the lift or wash bay almost everyday since ive moved in.

PUREVIL, being that you're in ND and have that collection - I do have to ask, Which company do you own, or which company is leasing your mineral rights?! Hahaha. Just playing man, beautiful cars. Next time I'm in Minot if it's summertime, I want a ride in that GTR! I still have yet to experience one! (there's 2 in Billings, but I don't know they guys who own them and they don't come to any of the local meets).

Beautiful shop. I wish I had enough room at my house for one that size!

I owned a stripclub which is now a bar.... long story but the city changed the zoning laws to try and shut me down. I feel i should be grandfathered in because when i opened i followed all the current laws, I operated without breaking laws, and I always worked closely with law enforcement. So now im suing the city, i hope we win because I miss the stripclub it was fun. I also have a small power sports business... and I do indoor bathroom ads. If youre form Billings have you seen the bathroom ads above the urinals from Off The Wall? We partnered up with them and share Williston and Bismarck and soon Dickenson.

Pure. Is the shop insulated? What type of temps can you hold in the shop when it dips below zero?

Your loft has potential. Texas Hold 'Em table?
Shop uses traditional pad insulation, spray foam was out of the question. But recently its been -20 and up too -50 with 40 mph winds and the garage is warm and cozy. When you open the door you get a blast of arctic air but it recovers pretty quickly.

I think im going to do the loft in a grey wood laminate, something a little different and should tie into the garage floor well. The plans for the loft are a small "kitchen" area with a fridge and microwave.... I have a poker table already up there (not setup yet), I will probably set it up tomorrow actually. And put some couches and a TV up there as well. The lounge/loft was an after thought and something I plan on working on over the next year... i may have some "ugly" furinature for now going up there but eventually it will be replaced with nicer stuff as the years go on. Upstairs will be function over form at first. I also use the upstairs to store light items.

Very nice garage indeed!

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Some more pics.....

View from the second story loft/lounge, red RZR is my friends, im storing it for him for now.

Different angle, you can see one of the free couches here.

The "work" office, still being put together

the REAL office

The future motorcycle/heavy storage room. i cant move the motorcycles in until spring to much snow and ice.

The mechanical room.... still have to add the networking stuff... but this room is where i will do spray painting so it I dont have to be concerned with over spray.

Got LED light bars?

plumbing and floor heat

I dont do my own laundry but i will wash and fold my car washing towels and rags :)

New radius 50inch bar that will be installed later tonight.

Last edited:
Some more pics.....

That my friend is awesome!! I bet a bunch of people here would appreciate a "lessons learned" thread from the stuff you researched, because while few of us are going to build something on that scale, a lot of us would like to do little pieces (a lift, floor, cabinets, etc.)

That my friend is awesome!! I bet a bunch of people here would appreciate a "lessons learned" thread from the stuff you researched, because while few of us are going to build something on that scale, a lot of us would like to do little pieces (a lift, floor, cabinets, etc.)

I will offer any suggestions and opinions if anyone has questions. Three things I wish I did differently.

1, put a utility sink in the shop side. So if I have to wash my hands, I have to walk to the other side. So where every you do a lot of dirty work make sure there is a sink near by.

2, I have hot water in the bathroom. But I didn't run hot water where the hose hook up is in the wash bay. I never had hot water hose hook up before but thinking about it it would have been nice. Where every you run water, run both hot and cold. You never know if you need or want hot water.

3, have more than one hose hook up. I can wash cars in the garage area with all the floor drains. But I'll need a long hose or connect two hoses together. I should have put a hose connect between the garage doors in the garage area so I can wash cars or even if I'm just spraying the floors off.

Last edited:
the other thing besides water is enough electrical outlets.

the other thing besides water is enough electrical outlets.

Yes I agree... i was just stating what I should have done differently... but yes you can never have to many outlets, also add a few extra 220 outlets in case you want to run hot water pressure washers, welding setups, etc etc. AlsoIMO get at least one over sized garage door.

Last edited:
agree, you did your homework.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do for the steps leading up to the lounge? I think i want to do the lounge in a grey wood laminate... but they dont make pieces for the steps..... If I used the grey laminate for the steps it would be alot in extra costs. So I was thinking about doing something different, but clean for the steps. So do I just redo the steps in the matching laminate and say screw it and spend the extra money?

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do for the steps leading up to the lounge? I think i want to do the lounge in a grey wood laminate... but they dont make pieces for the steps..... If I used the grey laminate for the steps it would be alot in extra costs. So I was thinking about doing something different, but clean for the steps. So do I just redo the steps in the matching laminate and say screw it and spend the extra money?

If it were me I would spend the extra money. You have an awesome garage and the matching stairs would look great!

Yes I agree... i was just stating what I should have done differently... but yes you can never have to many outlets, also add a few extra 220 outlets in case you want to run hot water pressure washers, welding setups, etc etc. AlsoIMO get at least one over sized garage door.

220 outlets will also suit good for a tire machine and balancer. You certainly have the space for them! Looking good.

Shingle roof... while building the garage I was remodeling the house so I had to make scarfices. So hopefully I get many years use out of this roof and when its time to be replaced I will do metal. As for summer, im hoping that keeping the doors closed and no windows will keep it cool. Ive got some tower fans that I used in my old garage that kept it cool in the summer, i will see how well they do in this space. if they work well then maybe ill buy a couple of those big ass fans to help cool it. If that doesn't work then I will explore doing some AC.

Its not a competition, im just sharing :)

See above post LOL

Between me and my friends, we've been using the lift or wash bay almost everyday since ive moved in.

I owned a stripclub which is now a bar.... long story but the city changed the zoning laws to try and shut me down. I feel i should be grandfathered in because when i opened i followed all the current laws, I operated without breaking laws, and I always worked closely with law enforcement. So now im suing the city, i hope we win because I miss the stripclub it was fun. I also have a small power sports business... and I do indoor bathroom ads. If youre form Billings have you seen the bathroom ads above the urinals from Off The Wall? We partnered up with them and share Williston and Bismarck and soon Dickenson.

Shop uses traditional pad insulation, spray foam was out of the question. But recently its been -20 and up too -50 with 40 mph winds and the garage is warm and cozy. When you open the door you get a blast of arctic air but it recovers pretty quickly.

I think im going to do the loft in a grey wood laminate, something a little different and should tie into the garage floor well. The plans for the loft are a small "kitchen" area with a fridge and microwave.... I have a poker table already up there (not setup yet), I will probably set it up tomorrow actually. And put some couches and a TV up there as well. The lounge/loft was an after thought and something I plan on working on over the next year... i may have some "ugly" furinature for now going up there but eventually it will be replaced with nicer stuff as the years go on. Upstairs will be function over form at first. I also use the upstairs to store light items.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Some more pics.....

View from the second story loft/lounge, red RZR is my friends, im storing it for him for now.

Different angle, you can see one of the free couches here.

The "work" office, still being put together

the REAL office

The future motorcycle/heavy storage room. i cant move the motorcycles in until spring to much snow and ice.

The mechanical room.... still have to add the networking stuff... but this room is where i will do spray painting so it I dont have to be concerned with over spray.

Got LED light bars?

plumbing and floor heat

I dont do my own laundry but i will wash and fold my car washing towels and rags :)

New radius 50inch bar that will be installed later tonight.

I see all the LED light bars, what brand do you suggest are they mostly the same? thks

I see all the LED light bars, what brand do you suggest are they mostly the same? thks

I sell totron. They use true Cree LEDs and are made out of die cast aluminum. Be careful some knockoffs claim to use Crees but don't and some are made of plastic. Totrons are extremely tough and extremely bright. When you compare them to "top" brands like rigid industries the totron puts out more lumins. But to the naked eye you can't tell the difference. The major difference is price. Totron is 360 with wiring shipped for a 30 inch. Rigid is 999 wiring is extra and shipping is extra. Totron has a 2 year warranty too. I bought a rigid for my rzr and it's nice and bright. But honestly my totron bars on my truck are every bit as bright and tough for 1/3 the price.

Last edited:
Still working on the big garage…moving but slowly.

I have been collecting tool boxes though. Just grabbed the far right 40" Craftsman Grip Latch upper for $170 from Sears! I got the 46" below it for $239 a week ago, and the 26" cabs all for $400. I'll call it good for a while.

ToolBoxes.jpg

Love this thread.

But none of these so far?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V0VRSSvzr4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I sell totron. They use true Cree LEDs and are made out of die cast aluminum. Be careful some knockoffs claim to use Crees but don't and some are made of plastic. Totrons are extremely tough and extremely bright. When you compare them to "top" brands like rigid industries the totron puts out more lumins. But to the naked eye you can't tell the difference. The major difference is price. Totron is 360 with wiring shipped for a 30 inch. Rigid is 999 wiring is extra and shipping is extra. Totron has a 2 year warranty too. I bought a rigid for my rzr and it's nice and bright. But honestly my totron bars on my truck are every bit as bright and tough for 1/3 the price.

I am interested in several, cubes, 10,20 and 50 for my avalanche project. could you post prices or pm me the info? I like to support fellow nsx primers when I can.

Thanks
Brent:biggrin:

Love this thread.

But none of these so far?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V0VRSSvzr4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Im one of those i find it relaxing types to wash my car... if it wasn't 29K i'd consider it though.

- - - Updated - - -

I am interested in several, cubes, 10,20 and 50 for my avalanche project. could you post prices or pm me the info? I like to support fellow nsx primers when I can.

Thanks
Brent:biggrin:

PM sent

I'm going to bump this thread back up even though I don't drive an NSX. I made a video about my shop that some of the guys following this thread might like. I don't have a built-in carwash, unfortunately. But I do have a thing to slide the camera on for slick, commercial-like shots. :)

Back