• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OFFICIAL: Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge winner is LOWELLHIGH79

Re: OFFICIAL: Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge winner is LOWELLHIGH79

Lowell,Are you goin to the Vegas meet on the 28th?

Re: OFFICIAL: Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge winner is LOWELLHIGH79

vegasnsx said:
Lowell,Are you goin to the Vegas meet on the 28th?

Hi Jason,

Tentatively yes. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Regards,

Danny

congrats, very proud

They seem to have a mistake on who got 1st place on the road course...

why does it show the Z being 1st place on the score tally?

typer667 said:
They seem to have a mistake on who got 1st place on the road course...

why does it show the Z being 1st place on the score tally?

Seriously? The Z was second with a 1:30. We came in with 1:27. Everyone else was 1:31 and up. That would really suck if they misreported the placing.

Regards,

Danny

lowellhigh79 said:
Seriously? The Z was second with a 1:30. We came in with 1:27. Everyone else was 1:31 and up. That would really suck if they misreported the placing.

Regards,

Danny
That would suck....I hope they correct their mistakes!!

Does anyone have the issue yet?

John McCain Racing said:
Does anyone have the issue yet?

I'm still waiting for my issue. When the issue arrives, refer to the magazine for more details. This is how we did on each event:
MSRP: last
Car Show: 1st
Dyno Peak: 2nd (with cats)
Dyno Power delivery: 3rd (with cats)
Emissions: 1st
Guru Panel: 1st
Girlfriend:worse than 3rd (they only announced top 3 placers at the dinner)
Drivability: worse than 3rd
Fuel Economy: worse than 3rd (we missed a mountain turnoff and drove an extra 12 miles but did not get credit for it, so our mileage dropped from 26mpg to 22mpg)
1/4 mile ET: 3rd
20-100 mph: 2nd
80-0 braking: 2nd
Skidpad: 3rd
Roadcourse: 1st
Gross display: worse than 3rd (I drove this part- never did a burnout before this day)

lowellhigh79 said:

Regards,

Danny

the article said you won, but the placing was wrong. On the tally sheet they put the Z as being first and put a comment "Who said AWD is the fastest" while they put you in second with a comment "Full out race car"

I think they had it the other way around...

lowellhigh79 said:
I'm still waiting for my issue. When the issue arrives, refer to the magazine for more details. This is how we did on each event:
Car Show: 1st
Dyno Peak: 2nd (with cats)
Dyno Power delivery: 3rd (with cats)
Emissions: 1st
Guru Panel: 1st
Girlfriend:worse than 3rd (they only announced top 3 placers at the dinner)
Drivability: worse than 3rd
Fuel Economy: worse than 3rd (we missed a mountain turnoff and drove an extra 12 miles but did not get credit for it, so our mileage dropped from 26mpg to 22mpg)
1/4 mile ET: 3rd
20-100 mph: 2nd
Skidpad: 3rd
Roadcourse: 1st
Gross display: worse than 3rd (I drove this part- never did a burnout before this day)

here's the result from the issue with the comments they put..

Car Show: 1st "breaks cost more than most of these cars cost new"
Dyno Peak: 2nd (with cats) "Makes power and doesnt blow up, unlike any other nsx" :confused:
Dyno Power delivery: 2rd (with cats) " "more displacement, but less torque than the GT-R"
Emissions: 1st "The cleanest car of the bunch. Hows that possible?"
Guru Panel: 1st "Excuse me, but is that a 2400lph fuel pump in youre trunk?"
Girlfriend:6st "Get kudos for letting girlfriend drive"
Drivability: 6st(tie) " Fine only if you drive like a siiy- in a straight line"
Fuel Economy: 8th "Anything over 5mpg is amazing"
1/4 mile ET: 3rd "short shifted to third"
20-100 mph: 2nd "more power than traction"
Skidpad: 4th(tie) "Big monster likes big track"
Roadcourse: 2nd "Purpose-built for the track" :confused:
Gross display: 4th "The rev limiter means it's time to shift"

typer667 said:

Dyno Peak: 2nd (with cats) "Makes power and doesnt blow up, unlike any other nsx" :confused:
Dyno Power delivery: 2rd (with cats) " "more displacement, but less torque than the GT-R"

Sometimes I wish they would write in plain English instead of trying to sound cool...

typer667 said:

MSRP: Not much we could do here at $65,000 equals 0 points. Notables were the 1994 R32 Skyline at $32,000 (75pts) and the HPA Beetle at $13,000 (104 pts). HPA bought the cheapest Beetle they could find, gutted out the interior, welded up a full cage, flipped it over and CUT OFF the entire floor pan, weld up essentially an Audi S4 AWD driveline, add A 3.2L Twin Turbo V6, add 15 inch rotors with Porsche GT2 Brembo calipers, replace all panels with European Touring Series Wide-body Beetle panels, add big wheels and 285/30-18 Pilot Sport Cups all around. The only part of the original $13,000 Beetle was the sticker! HPA is hardcore and will win it sometime soon.

Dyno: We actually had a 677 rwhp run (good for first) without cats but chose to redo it and ended up with 650 with cats. With most of the competition still to go and a motor still in the break-in stage, I didn’t want to get in a pissing match with the Skyline, who was set to run after us. Besides we cleaned up in the Emissions with the cats.

Emissions: What can I say? Mike Lapier is a tuner STUD. The guys at AUTOWAVE had the car dialed in.

Guru, Car Show: We got the most WTF?!s from “experts”. Actually the pump supports 2500 FI’d rwhp@ 14 V, 1200 FI’d rwhp @ 6v. It’s always funny to see jaded editors and car nuts drop their jaws when I open up the engine hatch and the trunk. Still, the most impressive view is on your back, looking up at the underside of the engine/ turbo setup.

Drivability: Brand new OS Giken sounded like SOMETHING was broken every time we turned.

Girlfriend: We got lost……She was HAWT.

Fuel Economy: We missed a turnoff to a mountain pass and drove 6 extra miles before we realized the mistake. Even though one of the editors saw us blow by and later saw us get back on course, too many competitors complained. So we got credit for 71 miles, not 83. Our average dropped from 26 to 22 mpg. We could have lost the contest here.

ET/ 20-100: Traction, traction, traction. The Skyline and Crawford STI were the only cars to break into the 11s (11.38, 11.89). It was quite scary watching the NSX pitch to its left. Erik, my driver, did his best to shift early, but with no traction, kept hitting the rev limiter. The trap was probably 120s but the speedometer said 160! So, the NSX slipped all the way to the end of the track. The LS7 RX7, good for 10.5 in Nor Cal, SPUN out on his first run, then slipped all the way to two- 15 second runs! The track, which normally sucks, really sucked that day.

Braking: Same track, same slippery surface, opposite direction. Beetle came in first at 198 ft, NSX at 209 ft, 350Z at 211 ft. Every one else was in the 230’s and more. The Elise stopped in 244 ft (?) just to give you a point of reference.

Skid Pad: Actually we came in 3rd. There is much more in the car. We basically had 1 hour to dial in the suspension at El Toro naval base on the Sunday afternoon before the event. Imagine driving 165mph down a runway, pitching the car back and forth, back and forth. Another 15 minutes in a circle and that was the extent of our dial in. Most cars had a lot more tire too.

Road Course: Too bad SCC messed up the order. We ran 3rd to last in the order. By the time it was our turn, the 350Z was in first (1:30s), followed by the Crawford (1:31). Every one else ran 1:33s and up. Erik ran a 1:28 on his warm up, cooled down on lap 2, 1:27 on lap 3 and then we called him in because we had it won by then. Temps were in the high 100’s, so many cars were having major problems. The Robispec Evo blew, the APR STI had electrical problems and the LS7 RX7 was blowing out blue smoke.

Gross Display: I drove this event…. Never did a burnout in the NSX before and it showed. I basically smoked the tires in one spot.

Best Regards, NSXs RULE!

Danny

Last edited:

So happy to see an NSX win the USCC, congrats Danny.

Jon

Congrats Danny! We were all rooting for you! I went to Barnes and Nobles yesterday, hoping to buy the issue but it was not out yet.:frown:

Hopefully in a couple of days, it will hit the stands! Thanks for representing us all!:smile: You only magnify what everyone is already feeling inside about our cars!

Ricky, Turbo Lexus, typer667, John McCain, Thuan, NSXchnk,Brian, IsR, Eddie, Jason, Paul, Sandy, FX, Nick & Sandra, Dave, Christian, Maarten, s14_tat, Ponyboy, Chopsjazz, Koolaid, BioBanker, NSXLuvr, AbadR1, MikeC_587, Fury, Scin and anyone else I may have missed: A BIG thank you for all your congrats. Means a lot:redface:

Happy motoring to all,

Best Regards,

Danny

WOW! :eek: Big ups Danny! Way to go and represent the community! I'm picking up my copy today!

Now you should take on Garth's 1,550 hp Viper at the next roll ons... :biggrin:

Vega$ NSX said:
WOW! :eek: Big ups Danny! Way to go and represent the community! I'm picking up my copy today!

Now you should take on Garth's 1,550 hp Viper at the next roll ons... :biggrin:

No need, Garth has the hp/weight advantage. Maybe he might want to enter next years USCC?

Regards,

Danny

Very Proud! Awesome to see an NSX/Privateer win an event like this and gain respect for the whole NSX community as a whole. Huge congrats, it must be a great feeling and a huge relief. All the hard work from all involved payed off. I gotta go pick up that issue.:)

Thank you for your contribution to the NSX fans.
Class + finess + brute force in a cough cough "green" package!

Congratulations in the highest order!

I picked up the issue last night- At first I thought it was Hayashi's OTC winning "FlameMobile" on the cover (rear wing, and front splitter?) but then I read the article, and just knew you had to be a Prime Member.

Supercool acheivement, raw power and lowest emmissions too?!?!

Awesome! Congratulations!

Philip

Congrats & Great job, Danny, Mike, Shane, Eric.......Running an NSX in this contest is a very difficult challenge (I know first hand). You guys made the NSX shine. Cheers, Shad

Danny (and Team)
Nice job on the overall win and the fast lap at Streets of Willow!

I had a feeling you guys were going to do well on the track. I picked up some extra cash betting on you guys for winning the Fast Lap at Willow, taking your car with Messley driving vs. 9 other cars.

http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30577

-Doug

I'll bet on anything. Especially if Messley is driving

Pulp Story Teller said:
Danny (and Team)
Nice job on the overall win and the fast lap at Streets of Willow!

I had a feeling you guys were going to do well on the track. I picked up some extra cash betting on you guys for winning the Fast Lap at Willow, taking your car with Messley driving vs. 9 other cars.

http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30577

-Doug

I'll bet on anything. Especially if Messley is driving

I wish we had threads on Prime for wagers! :tongue:

Back