• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So, I moved to Tokyo

I NEED to come to Japan. That food looks amazing. Bucket list trip for me...

Gosh that looks so good! Must have been very expensive!

I remember getting Waygu beef in Japan. Definitely a worthwhile dining experience. Is that sea urchin on the beef sashimi?

I'm hungry now...:)

Me too

I NEED to come to Japan. That food looks amazing. Bucket list trip for me...

Definitely worth in imho. Problem I had when I visited is I loved it so much I ended up moving here hahaha

Gosh that looks so good! Must have been very expensive!

I remember getting Waygu beef in Japan. Definitely a worthwhile dining experience. Is that sea urchin on the beef sashimi?

It was AMAZINGLY delicious. Not crazy expensive, my wife and I ate our fill, had alcohol and a number of nice entrees...came out to ~$200 for the night.

A very fun treat.

Yes that was uni on the beef.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the whole situation and thank you for sharing!

I definitely enjoyed reading through the whole thread and learning about your past year.

Sounds like quite the life changing experience, but I'm sure for the better.

Great cars, good food, and I spy a cute puppy!

Congrats on the whole situation and thank you for sharing!

I definitely enjoyed reading through the whole thread and learning about your past year.

Sounds like quite the life changing experience, but I'm sure for the better.

Great cars, good food, and I spy a cute puppy!

Thank you! It has definitely been a life-changer.

Glad you’ve enjoyed reading about it! I have been debating starting a YouTube thing, but right now I’m happy sharing with just the NSX family

Yes! My doggo came with me on the move... boy, was that a nightmare.

Wifey decided to spend a vacation day and enjoy some fine afternoon tea at a very fancy hotel in Tokyo.

The food was carefully constructed and presented, everything felt WAY fancier than I am used to. It was a really nice experience.

One thing that makes Japan (Tokyo especially) so neat is their ability to make you forget you’re in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the world. Creating a giant garden space that’s quiet and feels so hidden away from the rest of the world.

So wild!

Here are pics!

44be82adad8bc2356c65f6bd37a404d8.jpg

a86462cb497c429fee56cf2762377536.jpg

c1ae531caa9de21528c0a694d13abe99.jpg

a7c5ec82fffc6712fd15a632b4c722e0.jpg

a6a7db1cc86442fb439745b5d4441e6b.jpg

307d25645844241c4327a884fcbb5704.jpg

1b9e1627534e09107d0817521de45fa4.jpg

d2558c05a9546637e9735e5da60d3907.jpg

87b2e437100855885aca9c6f97727ea5.jpg

I really want to go this year due to the Olympics, but I doubt things will open up by it starts. I'm hoping there will be space this year and things aren't cancelled. I can imagine my wife would be a fan of such cafes that you show pictures of! Also the cat cafe and owl cafe!

I really want to go this year due to the Olympics, but I doubt things will open up by it starts. I'm hoping there will be space this year and things aren't cancelled. I can imagine my wife would be a fan of such cafes that you show pictures of! Also the cat cafe and owl cafe!

From everything I have heard/read I doubt there will be olympics at all. Most Japanese don’t want it to happen at this point anyway.

The cat/owl/animal cafes are a lot of fun, though they can get a touch expensive. Definitely something to do on a visit!

It’s been a crazy time. If you end up over here HMU!

It’s my birthday today and I’m pretty excited about the plans!

First I have work (boo) but gotta make money for the NSX, right? But I am taking the afternoon off to get out and have fun.

I am meeting the wifey in downtown Tokyo to pick out my present and then fancy sushi for dinner.

Will post pics!

It’s my birthday today and I’m pretty excited about the plans!

First I have work (boo) but gotta make money for the NSX, right? But I am taking the afternoon off to get out and have fun.

I am meeting the wifey in downtown Tokyo to pick out my present and then fancy sushi for dinner.

Will post pics!

Happy Birthday John, Enjoy your Birthday and sushi in Japan!!

I envy you….

Had to cancel my flight to Japan last year for the obvious reason.
Haven't seen parents for well over 6 years now.

And shockingly, no sushi for me for more than 14 months now….
Hope I can make the trip by the end of this year….

Enjoy the exceptionally warm weather at the moment out there but will get much colder later so take care.

Kaz

I envy you….

Had to cancel my flight to Japan last year for the obvious reason.
Haven't seen parents for well over 6 years now.

And shockingly, no sushi for me for more than 14 months now….
Hope I can make the trip by the end of this year….

Enjoy the exceptionally warm weather at the moment out there but will get much colder later so take care.

Kaz

No reason to envy me good sir: you’ll make it out here soon enough.

If you’re near/in Tokyo area when you visit again please let me know so we can meet up, talk NSX, and eat good food.

I am trying to build at least 5 NSX stroker motors as soon as I can get back to the US sometime this year (including my own)

The weather has been crazy warm this year so far but like you said it’s supposed to change fairly quick here.

Stay safe Kaz!

Last edited:
I haven’t really talked much about my best buddy Archie and how he’s handling the new surroundings...

f3adcb0d0e619907998ecd064bca4207.jpg

4921b29dcf35da178bea1cf02f2af7ee.jpg

8a7780dc4890a1eeae3fb206fb70d376.jpg

090de9180d479dd01df2a8095e538626.jpg

41fbb27a3e58804bc597f69849308dbe.jpg

70a177ecfd7f5fae1e2ff85ea3652fba.jpg

e26a5460ce4b45fad91956d6b30409aa.jpg

208ceeebd1d313d9900dc20e2032048a.jpg

04265a97891b3fd5418d94ebba4aaad8.jpg

Pretty sure he’s adjusted just fine.

Exciting news to post!

The wife and I will be taking a small vacation soon to Okinawa. We have been staying home and been good citizens while it seemed we were of a minority.

Well, she had vacation time (almost a week) that was about to expire so there we have it.

Car rented, hotels and flight booked. Leaving for almost 10 days. Will feel great to get away for a moment or two.

Get ready for hella pics!

Just read through the entire thread. Goodluck on your journey in Japan and I hope your Japanese improves.

I have a chance to move to Germany but I'm still on the fence. I know adapting is never the easiest thing to do but at least you get an opportunity do so. :D

That looked like a helluva trip to Okinawa. I am an Air Force brat and always wished my Dad had been stationed there at least once. But nooooo, we spent the better part of ten years in Europe. (OK, I enjoyed Europe too, but still...Okinawa...)

Just read through the entire thread. Goodluck on your journey in Japan and I hope your Japanese improves.

I have a chance to move to Germany but I'm still on the fence. I know adapting is never the easiest thing to do but at least you get an opportunity do so. :D

Thanks!

If I may say so, there really is no price I could put on the experiences of living in a different country. It isn’t always easy, but the perspective it’s given me (even in the short time I’ve lived abroad) is incredible.

If you can manage it without too many loose ends (like selling your NSX, which I strongly oppose) or baggage I say it’s always better to try something and not like it versus regret you never did it.

That looked like a helluva trip to Okinawa. I am an Air Force brat and always wished my Dad had been stationed there at least once. But nooooo, we spent the better part of ten years in Europe. (OK, I enjoyed Europe too, but still...Okinawa...)

Thanks @neuronbob I didn’t think anyone was interested so I only posted pics from our first three days. I’ll continue posting pics now that I’m back in the swing of normal life (opposed to vacation)

I'm curious is there any stigma or prejudice with mixed race marriages in Japan that you can sense?

I'm curious is there any stigma or prejudice with mixed race marriages in Japan that you can sense?

Funny you bring that up as it’s been a talking point recently in the news here.

Socially - interracial marriages here are something of a status thing. “Oh wow she/he married a foreigner” that’s so cool! He/she is so lucky”

Also usually considered that the couple is well off financially.

Lots of funny assumptions of foreigners and relationships here.

It’s almost completely accepted that Americans will cheat on their spouse if they live here.

Back