• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap) March 23rd - 25th

Looks like the weather is going to be nice this weekend.
High of 78 on friday and 81 on saturday. :cool:

I saw 5 or 6 of you guys on Friday morning around 11 heading into NC as I was heading the other way. Nice sounding exhaust on the lead car. I was in a silver 2004 M3.

You guys sure looked good!

BTW - I'll be eating dinner tonight (Saturday) at Sullivans around 7. Stop over and say hello - I'll have a black BMW cap on.

Last edited:
I got a message from my brother in the BMW that there was a crash between an NSX and a biker but it appears both drivers are okay. Hope everyone is all right.

yup. that was me. Sjones will probably be putting some pics up in the next few days. Biker hit a curve too hot, and got into the oncoming lane. Sjones ran off the road to avoid him, and the biker used my NSX to slow himself down..

www.tailofthedragon.com

on the first page 24 March. Don't know how long the picture will be up though...

Good to see and meet some new faces, bad that we met under those circumstances....

yup. that was me. Sjones will probably be putting some pics up in the next few days. Biker hit a curve too hot, and got into the oncoming lane. Sjones ran off the road to avoid him, and the biker used my NSX to slow himself down..

Sorry to hear it.

crash.jpg

I was behind a biker on the Dragon a couple of years ago who high sided off the road and down a ravine killing himself. The Dragon can bite pretty hard when it wants to!

It was nice to meet a few of you from here but very unfortunate about the bike/car crash. I am glad everything seemed to turn out okay.

I'll keep a better eye out on here for future trips :biggrin:

Ray

It's good to see you guys didnt get hurt. Was the guy on the bike ok?

definitely an unfortunate incident. Glad everyone walked away from it though. The guy was definitely not in control of his bike...... Here are a couple of pics that i took.

DSC03569.JPG

DSC03572.JPG

Here's the bike

DSC03574.JPG

DSC03576.JPG

He was actually hanging around w/ us that night at the bon-fire. He had an arm in a sling but appeared to be ok, sling aside.

I saw the pics and some video of the wreck (after it happened) and the NSX looked pretty beat-up.

But I'll tell you that this is why it's best to hit the dragon early on Sat before the crowd gets there and take the skyway for the late morning to afternoon and then hit the dragon later in the evening. Too many people w/ a high mix of inexperienced dragon'ers. The dragon bites so hard that if you don't really frequent it, it can be disastrous even for the most experienced riders/drivers if you push it very hard...

Glad all are ok. What's the status on the NSX though?

Will find out tomorrow what the insurance adjuster says... This is going to turn into a major PITA I am afraid, regardless of what happens...

Just glad to know there are some really good people out there...:)

Will find out tomorrow what the insurance adjuster says... This is going to turn into a major PITA I am afraid, regardless of what happens...

Was glad to hear from TitaniumVTEC today that you're alright. Keep us updated.

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened. I was talking with James today about it. I have pretty bad luck with many things, chances are this would have, could have happened to me had I gone. Hopefully, the results of all this will turn out good.

Some that I snagged from Killboy's site. All credits and to order, go here.

kb1.jpg

kb2.jpg

kb3.jpg

kb4.jpg

kb5.jpg

Back