• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Very cool upgrade I just did to my NSX

The "Ombrello" looks like great stuff from their videos - of course you need it for that beautiful British weather!
pain.gif

I'm having a hard time finding it in the US but during a "Google" search, came across this boater's rating - looks like they recommend Heller Glanz as the big winner.
(Disclaimer: I know nothing of the boatersreview site or the products reviewed but the review appears to be independent of the products?)

Edit; Miraculously Heller Glanz appears to be the big winner in every single catgory - I'm thinking that the "boater's report" is just a disguised advertisement for Heller Glanz.
steamed.gif

Last edited:
I am interested in the modification to the wiper blade, I have a friend that has a machine shop and if he sees what the part looks like I am sure he can make it for me.

I just looked at the blades while driving today and they are now driving me crazy!

I'm going to be having more mods done to my car this winter and I have to have this one done. Does anyone recommend a shop in Chicago that has done this? I'm sure I could get my bodyshop to do it, but I wanted to know if another shop has already done it first. I don't want to go through trial and error....

I did it to my car and love it...

Just had it done to my 94 last week and it looks awesome. Had first day of serious rain yesterday and the one blade worked perfect. For $100 it is one of the best mods I have done to date! Great call NSXG35...

Re: I did it to my car and love it...

tchaic said:
Just had it done to my 94 last week and it looks awesome. Had first day of serious rain yesterday and the one blade worked perfect. For $100 it is one of the best mods I have done to date! Great call NSXG35...

Can you take some pictures of the mod for people who don't live locally to have it done?

Thanks!

I would love to see some pictures of what modification was made to make this possible. I have a friend that has a machine shop and I am sure he could make the parts for me and others.

I am in chicago too and would also like to have this. any ideas anyone.

paladin said:
was there a reason you drudged up a a post that hasn't seen action in 4 months to reply with a 2 letter word?

Maybe he did it so that the person who started this tread would provide some more information on how to do it for the rest of us.

I saw this NSX on a Japanese site today and noticed the single windshield wiper. Searched on Prime and found this thread but I dont think its the exact same thing. It looks like he may be using the passenger side wiper and somehow modified it as a single wiper for the whole window.

Anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• singlewiper.jpg
    singlewiper.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 388
bump, I'd also be really interested in this mod but the guy's site that was doing it is down (for good it looks like)

++2

I'd kinda like it too since my passenger wiper is removed for my STMPO FSTB. I've had several people notice that I was missing a wiper just looking at my car. It'd be great if it looked like I was missing BOTH. :biggrin:

There should be an old post on this. I did this about 4 years ago still working fine. All I did was used parts from the Pass side then heated up and bent the arm slightly.

I'd kinda like it too since my passenger wiper is removed for my STMPO FSTB. I've had several people notice that I was missing a wiper just looking at my car. It'd be great if it looked like I was missing BOTH. :biggrin:

Me too me too.

I have looked on the pictures, read the posts and looked on my own car and I can not find out how this is done!!?? What I understand the wiper goes off the windowshield and down to "plastic part" - right? In that case, does this mean that it goes there every stroke when you use it in rain? On some cars, my old Legend, for instance, the motor drags the wiper down to a resting place under the hood, when it shuts off but are there such a function on the NSX?
Björn

Ken, can you give us more details on what you did? How much of the windshield did it cover?
I would like to give this mod a try. I've got the torch and necessary equipment to do it myself.
I can't view the videos. Is there any way to repost the videos or get photos showing the coverage?

Last edited:
Back