• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Very cool upgrade I just did to my NSX

The only car I can think of that used only 1 wiper is a Mercedes but I cant remember the model. Could the wiper mechanism be taken out of this car and used on ours? Sounds like it might be a lot of fab work but maybe worth it to someone.

The only car I can think of that used only 1 wiper is a Mercedes but I cant remember the model. Could the wiper mechanism be taken out of this car and used on ours? Sounds like it might be a lot of fab work but maybe worth it to someone.

It was the older E-class. 300E, 260E, 400E. Also I think on the E300, E320, E420. Modding that to work with an NSX may be a lot of work.

I'd love to know how this mod was done with stock wipers. 4 pages and this many posts later, and it is COMPLETELY unclear how this can be done.

Really intersesting thread, was hoping for instructions on how to do this.

In the meantime, I just removed both wipers.

Wow! Unbelievable how clean it looks, both from the inside and out.

From the inside, just a clean arc at the bottom of the windshield, nothing between you and the road (except the wheel humps).

So much cleaner looking from the outside as well.

I'm fortunate living in Northern California, it can go for months without rain in the spring and summer (plus I never drive it in the rain anyway).

I'll keep them in the trunk with the appropriate wrench for emergencies. Only takes 5 minutes to reinstall anyway.

Brian

Bringing this back from the dead.

Anyone have any close up pics of the heated and modified wiper?

This thread is like a cat on its 4th life now. Will anything come of it? probably not...

his last post was in 2005 almost 13 years ago.

LOL this thread should go back to the R.I.P. status

well in all honesty it was a very cool mod and a great project for someone to take over.

his last post was in 2005 almost 13 years ago.

LOL this thread should go back to the R.I.P. status
Shawn, your math leaves much to be desired. 2005 was only 8 years ago!!!!
Go fix a car and leave the math to Dave and me

Back