• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well, it finally happend to me...

A nissan!! haha... this is getting hilarious! It is amazing how few people know what an NSX is.

Someone actually thought my car was a ferrari at a Mazda dealership I was at. I can live with that.

I have been asked if mine is a 'vette multiple times. I have had many people simply ask what is it (including people follow me into a parking lot just so they could ask). The best was I got a parking ticket and in the model they listed it as 'red acura'. At least the cop could read the Acura name on the tail lights but clearly had no idea what it really was.

I think some of the confusion with mine is that the 2002-2003 model does not say acura on the back like the previous versions. It just has an acura symbol. The only place on the car that says acura is on the steering wheel.

This is funny

You know that when I drive around, I always notice people coming up beside me and then pulling just in front to look at the front emblem. Well, I change the front emblem to a Honda badge a little while back. Now I see people doing the same thing and then get a suprised look on their face when they see that. Recently, I had an individual actually ask me if that was Honda's new car. after a quick smirk, I just smiled and noded as I pulled away. Could you imagine one of these people going to the Handa dealership asking about a new car model???

I think it is strange how folks on the street ask if it is the "new" Honda/Acura/Corvette/whatever, but then the auto magazines always refer to the NSX appearance as "dated".

Does this seem strange?

For the record, I do not think the NSX looks "dated" at all.

Eric5273 said:
Funny how I read this post today, and guess what happened....

I was leaving work today, and this guy came up to me in the parking lot and said "hey.......that's a nice car......I've been trying to figure out who owns it. I don't know much about sports cars, so I thought it was a corvette until someone told me it was a Nissan" :confused: :confused: :confused:

a Nissan?? :mad:
I had been talked about getting an NSX for years. When I finally got my 2000 NSX, one of my co-workers said, "Oh, is THAT what you were talking about. I always wondered why you were raving about the NX."

Nissan made an NX.

haha

speaking of 7/11. I was getting a drink (GAtorade) around 7 pm on a clubnight Saturday and a guy with car packed with chicks Asks as i walk back to the car "What kinda ride is that?" I say Acura NSX!. He replies WTF is Acura doing making corvette Ferraris? I just kept walking and one of the chicks I over hear says its a kit car they import to the states. DOH:confused:

nsx1 said:
I had been talked about getting an NSX for years. When I finally got my 2000 NSX, one of my co-workers said, "Oh, is THAT what you were talking about. I always wondered why you were raving about the NX."

Nissan made an NX.

yeah, tell your co-worker it costs you about $50k more just to put that "S" in....

shoot, my co-worker is even worst...i think he may be blind. he pointed at a black car and said hey it's the same car you have....man, i almost fainted as we walked past the toyota matrix....:eek:

Okay... I get the Nissan thing all the time... at least they say "It's Nissan right?" as if they're not really sure. Anyway, on Fri., after rolling in for hot import nights, someone came up to me and asked me what my car was. When I told him, he said that he thought it was a corvette. I just smiled. At HIN! Argh! I have to give the guy some slack. He was installing lights, not showing imports.

We had our group HR director in last week and she says to me... Oh, I love your white mustang!!!!1:mad:

Brian2by2 said:
I still got you all beat...I actually got a TICKET which said "Make: Corvet" (yes, it was spelt that way!!)

The most common one I get is: "How much?" and "How fast have you gone in it?"

As far as rides, always willing to give them. I'm sure Dreamer will give you a ride as well :) (sorry for volunteering ya, bud)

Tear that ticket up! You should phone and ask the police about it but I don't think you have to pay it.

just recently...

"That thing is like a bug. It looks like a Corvette, but its too small."

<shaking head> They love their Corvettes here in Colorado Springs. </shaking head>
So I guess its a compliment to look like a Corvette. The 'pinnacle' of automotive achievement.

Jeff

peiserg said:
hehe yeah, the thought that this car is a chick magnet is kinda amusing... It is more of a teenage boy magnet, so i guess it would be a perfect car if I was a priest or pedophile... :D

If you have an NSX, you'll definently attract this chick, and probably annoyingly so. If I see an NSX, I'll follow it for about 20 miles before I finally decide i'm done admiring it. If I see one parked somewhere, I always leave a note on their windshield telling them how great NSX's are and that they should e-mail me (you can never have too many people to obsess about NSX's with).

I've never had the vette comment, but I have had my car mistaken for other interesting things...

While filling-up at a gas station, the cashier comes running out of the little store and asks me:

"Is that the new 3000GT?!"
"No"

"Is it the new 300ZX?" (This was before the 350Z)
"No"

"Hmmmm...new Eclipse?"
"No"

"Ok I give up!"
"Acura NSX"

"Hmmm... well, nice car!"

I've also had the Ferrari comment once. And MANY more comments along the lines of "what the hell is that??!?!??"

I agree with the other posters here... the car attracts attention mostly from young males-- very few women pay any attention to the car.

The one exception I've had to that was when I was giving my single uncle a ride in the car for the first time. All of a sudden this Civic filled entirely with college age girls came up alongside us and started honking and waving like mad at us. My uncle assumed I must have known them. When I told him I didn't know any of them, he said "hey, I have get myself one of these cars!"

I've gotten a Vette comment once but only about ten times worse. The lady said my car looked like an old Corvette :eek:

On the other hand, people have asked if it was a Lambo a few times, never a Ferrari.

Just last night, I was double parking in front of a pizza place to grab some midnight snack. Not too many people gave a dang about my car (which is a good thing, cuz I hate attentions) but one of those ignorant groups was having a little discussion and one of them said "It's an over-priced Honda," or something like that bashing a car they don't even know... :rolleyes:

Name Calling...

Sorry to reiterate the same addage, but I have also received the "Nissan", "Corvette", and "Ferrari" comments for my 1991.

After spending time with Lamborghinis, Ferraris, etc. I find that the NSX is a less enjoyable experience with regard to public opinion. I usually receive the snobby treatment from onlookers more with the NSX than I ever did with Lamborghinis or the lesser Ferraris. I find it odd. It is almost as though the public would regard the NSX and its owner with disrespect as though it were somehow at the upper escelon of their social class. That somehow relates to some bizarre opinion that it is therefore undeserved by the owner.

But with the Lamborghinis and such, most onlookers are so elated to see the car and be in close proximity to it that I did not receive the snobby attitude as much. Perhaps it is considered so above their financial capability, that they disregard the possibility of ownership and treat the owner differently.

Anyone else with this experience?

I pulled into a 7-11 at about 3 A.M. There were 4 or 5 people standing in front of the store. Three of them rushed over to look at the NSX. A girl, about 20, asked what it was. I told her, but the puzzled look remained. Trying to find something she could identify with, I told her it was like a Ferrari, but I held off on adding the "only better" comment.

Suddenly, she had the look of recognition I had been hoping for, turned back toward a friend on the sidewalk in front of the store, and proudly and loudly announced "It's like a Fiero!" Oh, well. At least, the engine is in the same area of the car.

Regards,

Bill

nsx1 said:
Two acquaintances of mine at work today...

1st guy: Oh! Is that your Vette?
2nd Guy: No. It's an NSX... NSX, right?
Me: Yes, NSX.
1st guy: Oh ya, Nissan.
2nd guy: No, Acura... Acura, right?
Me: ... :rolleyes:
LOL, I have had the exact same conversation take place in front of me. Where in the world they get Nissan I dunno.

Back