• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well, it finally happend to me...

When asked if my NSX is a Vette, Z, Ferrari, Lambo, etc. I just turn and give them a hard look and say: "She's a Honda". Most shut up and turn away at that point confused and left with a new found (and left out) feeling/respect. "Didn't know Honda made cars like this" I think.

For those bold enough to continue questioning: "Honda? Really? well they don't make them anymore do they"

My reply: "Yes they do, but they are very rare & hand made. You gotta keep your eyes out" True its easier to get your hands on one but they don't need to know that.

So far they don't ask anymore questions afterthat aside from basics, year, cost and such.

I have to admit though. I hate when my car is mistaken for a Vette. Everything else is tolerable. Don't flame. I have much respect for the Vette (well only the ZO6), though it has taken design cues from the NSX, not vice versa.

When I first brought my nsx to work, one lady asked me "why does it look like a camaro?":rolleyes: and proceeded to ask how much are they new and "why does it cost so much?"

Now there is nothing wrong with a camaro... i have a 67 myself. But have you ever noticed that some people aren't glad for you that you finally bought one of the cars of your dreams.

My point is... i've saved for years to own what I own. Grew up poor, put myself through college. drove a 91 civic for 10 years and 195000 miles. It's like... don't they remember when I used to have one of the cheapest cars in the parking lot??? To me, it's complete jealousy, I could tell who and who was not genuinely happy for me.

One of the maintenance guys in the building makes it a point to tell everyone how "rich" I must be. (does it behind my back also lol) So when I was driving the civic he had a new ford explorer AND an SS camaro convertible!

The best way I have found to deal with comments like "it looks like a camaro", " must be a mid-life crisis", "what a show off", "looks like a vette".... I just agree with them and smile, "yeah I DO think I might be having a mid life crisis" "yeah your right, it does look just like avette", "yep, I make so much money, its sick":D :D :D :D :D

It's alot more fun than trying to explain/justify the purchase!!!

hlweyl said:
But have you ever noticed that some people aren't glad for you that you finally bought one of the cars of your dreams.

My point is... i've saved for years to own what I own. Grew up poor, put myself through college. drove a 91 civic for 10 years and 195000 miles. It's like... don't they remember when I used to have one of the cheapest cars in the parking lot??? To me, it's complete jealousy, I could tell who and who was not genuinely happy for me.

One of the maintenance guys in the building makes it a point to tell everyone how "rich" I must be. (does it behind my back also lol) So when I was driving the civic he had a new ford explorer AND an SS camaro convertible!

The best way I have found to deal with comments like "it looks like a camaro", " must be a mid-life crisis", "what a show off", "looks like a vette".... I just agree with them and smile, "yeah I DO think I might be having a mid life crisis" "yeah your right, it does look just like avette", "yep, I make so much money, its sick":D :D :D :D :D

It's alot more fun than trying to explain/justify the purchase!!!

Yea I noticed that way too often. It seemed that people in general are jealous and don't like to see others do better than themselves, so they resort to witty verbal bashing or even go as far as sabotaging other's success by pretending to be your friend and set you up for failure whenever opportunity for such manifests itself. Funny come to think of it. One of darker sides of human nature I suppose. Thus, whenever I'm out mingling with new acquaintances, male or female, I always do my best to hide my social status/identity (and also avoid driving the NSX less). But if you ever do find someone that really wants to see you succeed, with no other ulterior motives but to wish you all of success in life, then by all means, cherish that person for being your best friend because these people are very hard to come by.

Oops, veering off track again, gotta steer back to topic at hand..... :D

Where I live, aka the NSX capital of the world, most folks out here knows what the NSX is (I see at least 2--mostly NA1 coupes--every other day--hey don't ask me why!) But for some, my Red Z-NSX had been mistaken for Ferrari's, Lambos, and most oftenly, mistaken for Corvettes or the Camaro !! But instead of getting peeved, I just laugh and follow up with a "yea I wish it was true, only if the C5 Vette (or the Camaro) came out before this baby....BUT, unfortunately for the Corvette (or Camaro), it came out 6 years (or 3-4 years) after the NSX !!" ....and put on my best sly grin along with a shrug. :p

Don't be surprised that some of these poeple that are commenting your NSX are pretending that they don't know what it is, BUT in fact, they DO. They get a real kick out of seeing your annoyed and p'd look by playing the role of innocent ignoramus that mistaken the NSX as something else lesser. I know I know it's very lame, but it happens. LOL !! O well......

Last edited:
Eric5273 said:
Funny how I read this post today, and guess what happened....

I was leaving work today, and this guy came up to me in the parking lot and said "hey.......that's a nice car......I've been trying to figure out who owns it. I don't know much about sports cars, so I thought it was a corvette until someone told me it was a Nissan" :confused: :confused: :confused:

a Nissan?? :mad:

probably they are referring to Nissan 200SX. Not quite an NSX. Someone in my country wanted to make his 200SX to look like NSX so he painted the body red and the roof black.:D

Back