• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you do with your NSX today?

um... that looks really good I am getting sick of my 05 TL navi in the navipod cuz I had to cut up my console to make the buttons fit

Shawn, this was really easy. I'm a novice and I was able to get this done in 2 hours.

I know it was easy LOL it looks better than mine hold on for a pic

- - - Updated - - -

2015-02-16_22-42-09_432.jpg

2015-02-16_22-42-57_648.jpg

What did I do today with my NSX?

I installed the new battery with reversed polarity. :frown: That's what I did. Sparks flying everywhere and the horn went crazy. Just touched the connections for less than a second. Everything was dead after that, excpet the alarm system. Fried the main 120A fuse, which explains that. Bypassed it temporarily to see if everything worked. Electricity was back, but the car didn't crank. Bypassed the starter cut relay as per the book, and it fired right up. So either the starter relay is gone or something that should provide ground to the relay is fried. I'll start with a new starter cut relay. Tomorrow.

Installed my new 360mm smaller diameter OEM steering wheel on my car, now I have more leg room since my knee actually clears the driver door and does not get stuck! woohoo :)

Rick,

Looks like a projector TV on your dash compared to the DD in the console.

More like the last 5 days, pre Spring/track prep:

Replaced Fuel Filter
Removed battery- cleaned tray and battery, checked levels.
Brushed down and cleaned battery terminals
Checked torque on rear top hats
Checked Rotors and pad life
Applied Shin-etsu* silicone to all seals [trunk/targa/hood/doors]
Lubed window rails
Checked all Suspension bolts [ a few more to check, like pivot control and end links]
Checked 'travel' of suspension on all 4 corners
Applied new coats of plasti-dip to nose
Applied new coats of 3m defender to front quarter panels
Washed rims and applied 2 coats Klass sealant

Still left to do, change clutch fluid [maybe this weekend] - done

* Also known as "Larry's Lube" in the Tri-State, NY,NY,PA area

Last edited:
i took my 2002 Imola orange NSX out through Malibu and up and down the California coast being chased by my previous 1996 red/tan NSX and its new owner, all in shorts and a long sleeve (for sun protection!) sans roof top.

winter, what winter? :smile:

Last edited:
You guys are lucky .... No Winter eh
Its really hard to walk by the car everyday all covered up for 5 months during Winter....on the other hand our annual mileage is very low on our cars.

Bram

Winter is not a word around here - only 2 seasons :)

I agree with the 2 seasons, a warm season and a cool season.:wink::biggrin:

And what I did with my NSX today was to drive it to work for probably close to the 1,000 time since buying it in 2010.

Last edited:
You guys are lucky .... No Winter eh
Its really hard to walk by the car everyday all covered up for 5 months during Winter....

Bram

that's why we live where we do! temps here by the beach are high 60's and low 50's pretty much every day in winter. my NSX is driven at least a few miles each day...

I agree with the 2 seasons, a warm season and a cool season.:wink::biggrin:

And what I did with my NSX today was to drive it to work for probably close to the 1,000 time since buying it in 2010.

That's what I love about So Cal.... We have seasons, we just skip the shity ones:biggrin:

I got my car some new rubber - Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec. I'll be trying them out next weekend at a high performance driving school that I will be attending.

Just sat in it & wiped the interior down. Battery is dead & I have a bad axle, all I can do lol. Waiting for it to warm up here in Miami so I can replace the axle, my garage is freezing!

HAHA I sense a little sarcasm here!

Collecting more parts waiting for warmer to install, we finally hit the teens today.
I wish I was being sarcastic lol, but it really is cold here (for Miami standards). In the night its in the mid-upper 50's & windy. It even got down to the 40's a couple nights ago. So with the concrete floors and vents in the garage door, its extra cold in there.

I took mine out for a spirited run on LSD. I cut across the loop and ran her back up Elston. Slowed near the Acura dealer with the silver NA2 in the window, then charged on to the house.

I think she prefers the cold air. Felt like I had 20 more horses today.

Saturday, drove about 40 miles over to a car show in Ocean Springs/D'iberville. Disappointing and I tore up my front under-spoiler in a parking mishap to boot. So I just took it off. I have a brand new one in the box I'll put on next time I want the car to look near perfect. (Cruisin' the Coast?)

Looked again at my oem car cover. Decided not to install it yet as there is some wear in the flock where the rear hatch makes contact. Ordered some flock and flocking glue. The whole flocking thing only ran about 25 bucks. Will post pics if it works and is a good match for the stock flock.

Beautiful day, though. Warm and sunny. Temp was in the 70's here in the OTHER Long Beach (MS). Unfortunately today it is again cold and rainy. But spring is just around the corner!

Repainted blue flake trim on doors and console satin black. Installed and lubed new drivers window regulator, lubed passenger side (still slow though). Painted ivory carpet retainers and lower door cards black, ordered colorplus leather dye, oil and filter change, put in some new fender liners clips, installed exchange AC board from briank.

Back