• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you do with your NSX today?

IMG_6421.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

So, my registration is Due this month so I had to install my stock Cats for a smog. Spent the whole weekend doing a what should have been a simple hour and half job. Anywho, some pictures of me working on my car from last night and a picture from today of my buddy that came by to use our friends tire cleaning products so he can clean his new Regamaster's haha

*If anyone knows how to fix a p0135 and p1410 code PM me please. I've tried everything I've read up on. Replaced the sensors and still throws a code*

I put my '94 OEMs back on. Took off the Enkeis. Engaged TCS several times circling the block (Kumho Ecstas are super slick when new and on the wet)

What do you think?

Holy Rear Tail Lights! Those "ears" are perfect!

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as its melting off up here, I thought I'd do a quick top off on the Shorai battery to see if its down at all after 5 months of being parked. Put on the Battery Tender, which showed a solid red light (charging) and about a minute later is changed to blinking green (almost fully charged) - and 5 minutes later it was at full. Love this thing!

Anyone who doesn't have one, go get it now.

Got my new floor mats in! I love how the red stitching matches the red on black interior, if I may say so myself ...

IMG_20150329_140246.jpg IMG_20150329_140312.jpg

And I finally finished painting the brake calipers red and the NSX letters silver... Three coats of red to get the shine right.
IMG_20150314_161401.jpg IMG_20150402_212844.jpg IMG_20150330_212301.jpg IMG_20150404_162440.jpg

Quite content with it!
Next ... Wheels back on, and ... drive it out of the garage first time since the purchase and putting it in there!

Ordered a new air conditioning condenser.
Sanded down and repaired some paint cracks in the front Wings West air dam and then had it wrapped in 3M gloss vinyl to match the car (and to try to provide a more flexible but glossy finish).

Removed the acura decal from rear garnish, finished dying the seats, interior mostly back together, Finally....

But annoyingly dropped the funky washer from a new shark antenna between inner and outer fenders....:eek:(

Spent 16 hours washing, clay baring, polishing and waxing her in prep for HIN Dallas tomorrow! Used all Griot's Garage products and she looks absolutely amazing :biggrin:

Today I had Zanardi springs and NSX-R upper and lower chassis bars installed. This should work nicely with the Dali street/race front sway bars, the Zanardi rear sway bars, the noncompliance rear bearings and toe links, the front compliance clamps, Dunlop Direzza II Star Spec tires, and Bilstein shocks that are already on the car. I'm now ready to go to the track!

Today I had Zanardi springs and NSX-R upper and lower chassis bars installed. This should work nicely with the Dali street/race front sway bars, the Zanardi rear sway bars, the noncompliance rear bearings and toe links, the front compliance clamps, Dunlop Direzza II Star Spec tires, and Bilstein shocks that are already on the car. I'm now ready to go to the track!
Where did you pick up the Zanardi springs? I am looking for the complete Zanardi suspension and have been told it is NLA.

Where did you pick up the Zanardi springs? I am looking for the complete Zanardi suspension and have been told it is NLA.

I got the springs from my local Acura Dealer. When I called the dealership to order the springs, the parts manager first thought I wanted the entire Zanardi suspension. He said in order to get the entire suspension set, he would need to contact Honda's historical parts warehouse, or something like that. Give this dealership a call to see if the entire suspension set is available; Acura of Glendale CA (888) 650-4786

Good luck

I got the springs from my local Acura Dealer. When I called the dealership to order the springs, the parts manager first thought I wanted the entire Zanardi suspension. He said in order to get the entire suspension set, he would need to contact Honda's historical parts warehouse, or something like that. Give this dealership a call to see if the entire suspension set is available; Acura of Glendale CA (888) 650-4786

Good luck
Thanks. Anyone I should ask for?

Sorry, I posted the wrong dealership. I got the springs from Southcoast Acura (888) 228-3921. I cant recall the guys name.
Thanks. Did you get the springs recently?

Cool. Thanks. Get some pics of your car with the springs installed.

OK, I will. However, the springs are still settling, so the ride height may be higher than what it will eventually end up. Currently, the drop is not as much as when I had stock springs with the Bilstiens set at the lower perch. With the Zanardi springs I have the Bilstiens set on the higher perch because the Zanardi springs are much shorter than the OEM springs.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some pics. The lighting is not good, but you can see that the front spring has settled nicely and it is at a nice ride height. The rear springs have not yet settled all the way. It is currently sitting too high. If the rear springs do not settle any more, then I'm going to set the Biltiens on lower perch.

View attachment 122738

View attachment 122739

View attachment 122740

Last edited:
Finishing up the timing belt, water pump change.
I have been working on this for about 3 1/2 weeks now. (I am not fast, but I try to be thorough)
Today: Valve covers and coils are on.
Left to do: alternator, engine center covers, fluids, air intake, and a few bolts here and there.

Last edited:
I installed boost and fuel pressure gauges in the ash tray mount pod. Very cool stepper motor gauges only one stepper motor does not work.:mad: Refund! Have to do this all over again.

This was yesterday, but took it out early for a couple of quick errands and then stopped by a Cars n' Coffee at the Starbucks near me that a guy at the Acura dealership told me about. Don't have anything to compare it to, but it looked like a right good turnout. 4, maybe 5 Ferraris, a McLaren P12, half a dozen or so new 'Vettes, about as many old ones, and I don't know how many Porsches, but a bunch, new and classic. A smattering of others, but mine was the only NSX.

It got a lot of attention, I was barely out of the car and there were a half dozen people around it, a lot of "I haven't seen one of these in a while". Guy asks "What's that, about a 2002?". I said "No, a '91". His jaw almost hit the pavement. Honcho, you'll love this, the comment I heard more than anything else was "I can't believe that's a '91!"

So this young guy, definitely an NSX fan, knows a lot about them, is asking a lot of questions, taking pics, and we start talking about the Fujitsubo exhaust. I was trying to describe the sound and eventually said, "Screw it, no verbal description will do it justice, get in the car", and took him for a spin around the block. Judging from the saucer-eyed look he gave me, he approved. He had two buddies with him, turned out they were all recent Biomedical Engineering grads from Drexel, my alma mater, and I didn't want to short the other two so I gave them rides as well. It was a lot of fun and they had a genuine appreciation for the car. After about an hour and a half things started breaking up so I came on home.

This was yesterday, but took it out early for a couple of quick errands and then stopped by a Cars n' Coffee at the Starbucks near me that a guy at the Acura dealership told me about. Don't have anything to compare it to, but it looked like a right good turnout. 4, maybe 5 Ferraris, a McLaren P12, half a dozen or so new 'Vettes, about as many old ones, and I don't know how many Porsches, but a bunch, new and classic. A smattering of others, but mine was the only NSX.

It got a lot of attention, I was barely out of the car and there were a half dozen people around it, a lot of "I haven't seen one of these in a while". Guy asks "What's that, about a 2002?". I said "No, a '91". His jaw almost hit the pavement. Honcho, you'll love this, the comment I heard more than anything else was "I can't believe that's a '91!"

So this young guy, definitely an NSX fan, knows a lot about them, is asking a lot of questions, taking pics, and we start talking about the Fujitsubo exhaust. I was trying to describe the sound and eventually said, "Screw it, no verbal description will do it justice, get in the car", and took him for a spin around the block. Judging from the saucer-eyed look he gave me, he approved. He had two buddies with him, turned out they were all recent Biomedical Engineering grads from Drexel, my alma mater, and I didn't want to short the other two so I gave them rides as well. It was a lot of fun and they had a genuine appreciation for the car. After about an hour and a half things started breaking up so I came on home.

Cool story, thanks for sharing.

Last month at the monthly local cars and coffee I showed up about half way through it and was immediately surrounded by a group of high schoolers snapping away with their phones...funny that a car made before most of them were born was so beloved as they kept saying how cool it was to see one in the wild...like it was some mythical creature they've only seen in video games :tongue: then some old guy in his late 60's came up to me and told me that my car made him glad he came out for the event...mind you there was everything from new Lambos to classic Alfa's there that day....it's times like this that make having a car like this priceless:smile:

Back