• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why It Is Being Built in Ohio

Sooo I guess racism and bigotry is ok as long as its against white southern Americans huh?

Hey, Jeff Foxworthy has made a pretty good living trashing on blue collar rednecks...why not? :D

Funny how it's PC to trash on whites, but start in with ANY other ethnic background, religion, or race, and all you-know-what breaks loose!

For the record: I was born in New Orleans, LA and raised in Houston & Dallas...and our company may be located in the Dallas area, but our factory is not.

PS: Those who think WWF is real deserve to be poked fun at. :D

it's more in the design/platform, than the where/who builds it...

dPka3.gif

Re: it's more in the design/platform, than the where/who builds it...

This thread confuses me. I'm all for wasabi in my futo maki! Who doesn't?!?

And are biscuits and GBL1 arguing or talking about the same thing?

And what in the world is Sponge Bob eating?!? It's disturbing...
dPka3.gif

careful boys......or the ol lock it will appear and then no one will be able to kiss and make up.As another reminder you have to rent or stream that movie I mentioned 3 or so pages ago:wink:

They used to find hammers and ranches inside the panels of Ferraris... People still bought their cars.

While workmanship is one thing, product appeal is another.

My apologies if my point has already been posted.

With all due respect to the auto workers in Ohio and the U.S, the prerequisite to work at the Tochigi NSX plant in Japan was 10 years of experience at Honda and a reputation of being the best at your job. This next generation "NSX" may be far more automated and less "hand-made", but I hope that it is built with the same care and craftsmanship ( and limited numbers) as the original !

Last edited:
My apologies if my point has already been posted.

With all due respect to the auto workers in Ohio and the U.S, the prerequisite to work at the Tochigi NSX plant in Japan was 10 years of experience at Honda and a reputation of being the best at your job. This next generation "NSX" may be far more automated and less "hand-made", but I hope that it is built with the same care and craftsmanship ( and limited numbers) as the original !

They may have no choice but to limit the number. I do have the confidence to say that Honda will not risk their reputation for such a vehicle if the Ohio labor is not up to par with Japan.

U.S made Honda is actually preferred in many Pacific Rim countries. I remember the consumers used to demand U.S made Accords in Taiwan.

The current thought process is most likely to have the same requirements. Hand made inside the old decommissioned motor cycle plant by only the most seasoned veterans who have a long standing record of not only building and designing vehicles, but of helping to create one off variants for internal review. But I guess since they are not all Japanese (since MANY Japanese do work there) that would not be good enough for you.

This is also just one plausible way to utilize Ohio's resources.

Seriously, you guys need to just let this go until you actually have facts in your hands and not just blowing smoke out your ass. Your lack of faith in fellow Americans is borderline treasonous.

I for one am very excited about it being built right up the road :)

I have personally seen all the factories, parts storage locations etc up there and I can tell you they are spotless, organized and run like well oiled machines.

I'm not worried at all. The build quality will be there.

I for one am very excited about it being built right up the road :)

I have personally seen all the factories, parts storage locations etc up there and I can tell you they are spotless, organized and run like well oiled machines.

I'm not worried at all. The build quality will be there.

I have never seen the inside or process of the facilities(have only passed by), but I will take many people's word for it about it being top-notch and are world class. The part that should be carefully followed are the blueprints to this car. The key points would be how well the aesthetics plus interior are designed because we already know Honda has mastered the engineering aspect of the industry. That is the main concern at this point since Honda has been stumbling in the design/direction arena.

I have hope that Honda will get their game together and release a thoughtful successor that shows off the virtues Honda used to exude greatly.

Your lack of faith in fellow Americans is borderline treasonous.

Because we know our own laziness? LOL!

...but the way our government operates is over-the-line, flat-out treason...so why should we think or be different? :D

U.S made Honda is actually preferred in many Pacific Rim countries. I remember the consumers used to demand U.S made Accords in Taiwan.

Why? They don't trust their fellow countrymen to do a good job either? ...same as us?

Why? They don't trust their fellow countrymen to do a good job either? ...same as us?

Outside of Japan and Korea, most Asian/Pacific Rim nations all want U.S. made Japanese cars. I don't know why, but they like them.

Back