• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'00-'05 AP-X NSX Resonated Test Pipes and High Flow Cats

Re: '00-'05 AP-X NSX Resonated Test Pipes and High Flow Cats !!!

Please advise what the difference between straight through, RTP and Cats are regarding sound coming from the exhaust. I have a Pride V2. What could I expect for sound with each of the three setups on my 2005?

What is the difference between 100 and 300 cel?

Thanks!

I have sound clips of test pipes, RTPs, and cats in this thread.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155000

I have added pics to the first post!

Here are some installed pics (J-pipes are not installed)

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

OK folks!

Time to place orders, here is what I have:

1) grtahoang - 100 cell cats

2) jrnsx - RTP (or cats?)

3) comtec - STP

4) PoKnow - RTP

5) Roger59 - STP

6) HIJACKER - 100 cell cats

I will PM everyone and arrange orders.

Anyone else who is interested, please PM me!

Thanks.

I'm very interested in the straight test pipes, but I'm curious as to how they would not trigger a CEL without a simulator?

OK folks!

Time to place orders, here is what I have:

1) grtahoang - 100 cell cats

2) jrnsx - RTP (or cats?)

3) comtec - STP

4) PoKnow - RTP

5) Roger59 - STP

6) HIJACKER - 100 cell cats

I will PM everyone and arrange orders.

Anyone else who is interested, please PM me!

Thanks.

Not sure if you already sent out PM's, but I never received anything? :smile:

I'm very interested in the straight test pipes, but I'm curious as to how they would not trigger a CEL without a simulator?

I use a J-Pipe, same thing used on my turbo kit and 100% no CEL.

Not sure if you already sent out PM's, but I never received anything? :smile:

I have sent you A PM, if you have not received it, please PM me as I stated in my post.

Thanks.

First run, ready to be packed and shipped!

IMG_4786.jpg

im kinda cluelesss what are these suppose to do and if you get these you dont need adapters on the 2002+ aftermarket exhaust , and also no cel correct. they pass inspection also?

thanks

Last edited:
im kinda cluelesss what are these suppose to do and if you get these you dont need adapters on the 2002+ aftermarket exhaust , and also no cel correct. they pass inspection also?

thanks

I think that in most states the inspection for newer cars is just a "plug in" test so then yes you would pass.

I think you can find the other answers you seek in the OP.

Perfect, thanks Angus!

I think this mod will do what I need and cost less than headers :)

So debating between "Resonated" or 100 cell cats....hmmm

Anyone who has either one installed on their car want to chime in? I hate rasp but also scared that running TP's will create too much sud on the rear end including my exhaust....

What's typical lead time?

Perfect, thanks Angus!

Anyone who has either one installed on their car want to chime in? I hate rasp but also scared that running TP's will create too much sud on the rear end including my exhaust....

These are pretty quick usually a week or so.

Perfect, thanks Angus!

You will still get rasp with the 100cell cats vs. the resonated test pipes.

You will still get rasp with the 100cell cats vs. the resonated test pipes.

ok in that case you convinced me- going to get the resonated test pipes and a new JP Aero front lip once I get my tax return :)

thanks!

Got my resonated pipes in the mail last week, they look good, will post a pic when I install them, thanks!

I am bumping this thread since I have had people enquiring who could not find it!

I have been running the test pipes and I am super happy with the sound, no CEL (once I connected them correctly I had switched banks), no soot on bumper and sound is exotic and addictive.

I would like to add that all of my test pipes and cats are available in any tube size you may need - the standard being 2.25".

Back