• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 Long Beach Blue CTSC vs 03 Silverstone

02 Long Beach Blue CTSC vs 03 Silverstone

• 02 Long Beach Blue CTCS - 40k miles

Votes: 50 79.4%
  • 03 Silverstone - 30k miles bone stock

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After owning a garage queen 94 Black/Black and most recently a 91 Sebring Silver/Black I figured I'd take a break (lots going on right now) and come back down the road for another run.....It's been 3 months and I'm already finding myself searching for another. This time I figured I'd go 02+ up for a change of pace. I've currently narrowed it down to these two....figure I'd throw it out to the crowd to hear feedback before I decide.

02 Long Beach Blue/Black, CTSC - installed by SOS, 40k miles, I believe 3 owners, only has records for his ownership (roughly 20k miles), clearbra, Work wheels, hard wired radar detector/laser jammer - he's got it on here for 51k and on autotrader for 49k, firm on this price range.

vs.

03 Silverstone/Black, bone stock, 30k miles, again 3 owners. current owner has had it for less than a year and 2k miles, no prior service records. Asking 49k but can negotiate.

Pros/cons?

Thanks for the feedback

Danny know you have been looking hard for some time now..... I'll bite for you on the '02 LBBP with CTSC.

Danny know you have been looking hard for some time now..... I'll bite for you on the '02 LBBP with CTSC.

Funny after I sold my first one I was able to lay off the pipe for a couple of years, now I'm down to lasting a few months :eek: Thank God for Prime otherwise I'd be in some support group for X-NSX owners :biggrin:

So the supercharged car is intriguing to me and I've never owned a blue car, plus they LBBP is pretty darn rare. I love the Silverstone as it really looks classy on this car....plus my wife and daughter voted for it.......BUT and fortunately for this BUT, I am the final vote :biggrin:

Gaudy vs. Glamorous!
Silverstone and then mod it as you see fit.

Gaudy vs. Glamorous!
Silverstone and then mod it as you see fit.

Exactly (nearly word for word) what my wife said :rolleyes:

The LBBP is winning in the polls, gotta love these scientific polls. So I'm wondering if I (and the ones voting for LBBP) are just voting for the CTSC and not the actual blue car itself? My gut tells me if they were both bone stock I'd head for the Silverstone.....such tough choices to have to make

Danny - I too am an ex- 2-time NSX owner and now back into search mode like you are.

I voted LBBP as the color is simply stunning in person and the added bonus is the roughly $9k CTSC setup all for the price of near to $50k...sounds like a great deal even with 40k miles.

To me it's a no-brainer. LBBP + SC. I've seen the blue up close and it is stunning. Just goes so well with the car. Having the extra power of a supercharger is just the icing on the cake. Believe me, you will not regret the SC.

And what do you guys think of these wheels, not sure I'm digging them. Wouldn't be a deal killer as I'm sure I could sell them and pick up OEM until I found something I like better. This is a picture of the LBBP car when it was at SOS.

s2r-nsx-blue.jpg

I was interested in the Blue one, but I wasn't sure about its history. It seems like a great deal if its a accident/paint repair free car.

If you search the vin in google you will find a prime thread with an old car fax in it. It looks like the car stopped in FL very briefly. I was afraid it was title washing, but I have no idea if thats true or not.

Last edited:
I'm sure everyone knows what a bone stock Silverstone looks like but I figured to keep it fair I should throw a picture of it out in the thread :smile:

ps - the interior of the LBBP does not look near as perfect as this one....

12911403669.267419448.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

12911403670.267419448.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

It's a tough call as I'm one of those guys that also likes stock cars and then making them "yours". You'll know the mod history etc.

Either way get a PPI done on both cars and go from there.

02 Long Beach Blue since it's already modded and you at least have 20k miles worth of records. On another note, talk to both owners on the phone and feel them out. Buy the one that you are most comfortable with. Who knows, if you can get the silverstone for $44k you can install a used CTSC as well. Regardless, I would get a PPI including a compression test/leak down (esp. on the CTSC car) on both cars.

Jeff

Id say go with the one that is in the best honest condition. Mechanical, paintwork, etc. Only way to really determine how much of a deal either one is.

Assuming, of course, that you do like both colors well enough.

Thanks guys for all the responses, currently running 3 to 1 for LBBP. I did speak with Chris at SOS about a PPI already. He knows the car so I have great faith in him doing a thorough PPI.

I love both colors....The blue is a bit more rare and is more sporty while the Silverstone is a bit more classy and refined. The Silverstone has to be a good deal for me to bite that apple otherwise this pretty much seems like a no brainer.

I've promised my wife that this will be my last NSX, so I need to make this one a keeper. I need to work on my car addiction :rolleyes: as I am sure I drive her nuts.

I've promised my wife that this will be my last NSX, so I need to make this one a keeper. I need to work on my car addiction :rolleyes: as I am sure I drive her nuts.

Funny coincedence...I'm getting married in 3 weeks and I've also had to promise my next NSX to be the last!:tongue:

Definately get the LBBP if the PPI at SOS goes to plan.

Funny coincedence...I'm getting married in 3 weeks and I've also had to promise my next NSX to be the last!:tongue:

Definately get the LBBP if the PPI at SOS goes to plan.

Cameron - maybe you and I need to start a support group :tongue: We can ask Lud to add a forum section for "addicts"

By the way I spoke to Melissa at High End Transports, they are local to me. Great deal to ship either of the cars, so I'll most likely use them. She fondly remembers your car's journey around the world.

Danny there are a few of us in that club! I believe there to be a few threads for multiple NSX's owned...

Melissa and High End Transport did an amazing job shipping the Imola. They were easy to deal with and very professional. That's cool you might end up using them.

Hope the purchase goes well for you! Jealous!

I really like the color of long beach blue but you said the interior of the silverstone is much better, I'd go with that. After owning a 91 with not so great interior I swore I'd find an nsx with a perfect interior for round 2.

I really like the color of long beach blue but you said the interior of the silverstone is much better, I'd go with that. After owning a 91 with not so great interior I swore I'd find an nsx with a perfect interior for round 2.

Yep being this will be my "Final" NSX I want this one to be the "one". I've asked the LBBP owner to get me some better interior pics......

Stay tuned

Blue.

You know I called you and the 360 left a message for ya. I held the phone up but the 100MPH wind closed the phone so it was only a short message. Sounded pretty nice huh?:cool::biggrin:

Ummm yeah I heard it. If my FAS trade goes well this morning maybe I'll just buy your car (j/k) :wink:

Blue.

You know I called you and the 360 left a message for ya. I held the phone up but the 100MPH wind closed the phone so it was only a short message. Sounded pretty nice huh?:cool::biggrin:

I'm surprised WingZ hasn't show his opiniated head on this thread yet.

Last NSX, huh? If it is the last one, I would absolutely get the color I want. Unless one is in much worse shape, then get the color that YOU like. You can always mod. In fact if that is your last NSX, you may be doing a lot of that.

Danny, Just couldn't stay away could you? glad to see you getting back into an NSX.
The LBBP is stunning, not feeling the wheels on it, I think the 02+ oem wheels are perfect, too bad they're not 18" in the rear,
And with the supercharger, what's not to love about it?

The Silverstone is nice if pristine and original is what you're after but the more thrilling option here is the LBBP.

Back