• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 vs older style?

I'm on my 3rd NSX, my previous 2 were the older style. Although I own an '05, I still prefer the look of the '91-'01 NSX. I got the newer one for 1 reason only, its the last production year for the NSX and I had to get one!

Modernceo said:
Hrrm. Reading all of the negative posts by NA1 owners makes me feel sad. There are times that I wish I would have bought a NA1, but frankly im still very happy to own my 2002. Its VERY unique, and I love the styling. Its been a fabulous car so far as well.

'97-'01 manual were NA2s as well. '91-'05 automatics were all NA1.

I am also on my third....I needed a change. I agree with docdan here, stock form is boring!!!!

6289spoiler_032-med.jpg

docdan said:
I have owned NSX's with both the new and old headlights. I personally prefer the updated look of the 2002+ headlights, BUT, not in the stock form.

By that, I mean, when you look at a completely stock 2002+ front end, the front lower lip isn't low enough to support such big headlights. The end result is the often mentioned "frog eyed" look.

If you put a little bit more aggressive front bumper on the car, I think the 2002+ looks great. JMHO.

QUOTE]

I think it is the grill on the 02+ that is not as appealing and agressive as the 91-01 grill....but it is starting to grow on me...I still think the pop up's are sleek as hell on the NSX compared to ALL other cars with pop up's.....

can someone photoshop a Sebring Silver/black roof with an 02+ front???:biggrin:

Just curious....

supra2nv said:
I do not mean this in an offensive way, but are you sure you didn't buy a 96 for financial reasons? because there is a big gap from 96 to 2002. I would believe your argument more if you said you bought an '01 ;)

???:confused:

kreh said:
Any NSX is sporty and exocitic. They are all outstanding in their appearance and performance. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; one is not better than the other.

Nuff' said!!:biggrin:

I could have bought either 01 or the 02+ style. To me the fixed headlights
and the front bumper do not flow on the 2002+ models. It looks like Acura
was trying anything to change the look. The look still looks wrong to me
now, as it did back when it came out.The back is nicer,
but a very minor change. I bought an 01, because it was the last year of
that style. I am not saying the 02 style is ugly, its just not my taste.

Alan Meeks said:
I could have bought either 01 or the 02+ style. To me the fixed headlights
and the front bumper do not flow on the 2002+ models. It looks like Acura
was trying anything to change the look. The look still looks wrong to me
now, as it did back when it came out.The back is nicer,
but a very minor change. I bought an 01, because it was the last year of
that style. I am not saying the 02 style is ugly, its just not my taste.

hey Alan how you doing! I can vouch for his opinion, he would not go for the '02 style when I had my 97 for sale:)

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
Just wondering, and I KNOW this is a VERY stupid question...

HAS anyone with an 02+ switch back to a 91-01 look?
please dont flame me, I'm just curious.

I highly doubt it, because instead of buying a bunch of parts, they could sell their car and buy a 2000 or soemthing, and save like 8grand

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
Just wondering, and I KNOW this is a VERY stupid question...

HAS anyone with an 02+ switch back to a 91-01 look?
please dont flame me, I'm just curious.

buwhahaha, if anyone wants to do the 91' 'upgrade' i'd gladly trade you my na1 headlights bumper and hood for na2 goodies :biggrin:

I like the 02 look a lot more. The older pop up headlamps is just too old looking for me. Doesnt look right anymore on the NSX.

Kinda like the 86-89 Acura Integra compared to a 06 Acura RSX. Thats how big of a difference to me it looks...Almost horrid, but thats just me..

EndlessNSX said:
I like the 02 look a lot more. The older pop up headlamps is just too old looking for me. Doesnt look right anymore on the NSX.

Kinda like the 86-89 Acura Integra compared to a 06 Acura RSX. Thats how big of a difference to me it looks...Almost horrid, but thats just me..

:confused: 86 integra to an 06 RSX....talk about apples to oranges....:eek:

NsXMas said:
I personally like the '08 style. :D

lol, do you have a photo? Love to check it out!!!

Back