• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1 NSX, 1 lawn mower, 10 bags of mulch....oh my!!

Okay, so it is beautiful outside today. In the 70's, sunshine, blue skies, and not a cloud to be found. I decided I wanted to be outside and try to enjoy life for a change, and get my lawn and landscaping in order. So I mowed and remembered that the Honda HR217 was due for service at the dealership, so it needed to go in, and I needed to pick up some mulch to get started. So...lets see....the wife has her Evo, my other cars are in storage...but the NSX is here!! YEAH!! All good. Problem solved!! I did get a few curious looks though. But here you go...tips and pictures for how a guy truly can use the NSX as his only car. Enjoy!! :wink: :cool: :biggrin: :tongue:

First you have to lift the mower into the trunk:

Phantom_with_mower_4-17-09.JPG

Then it always helps to tie it down...a bit of rope or twine will do:

Phantom_with_mower_back_4-17-09.JPG

Be sure to tie it down securely:

Phantom_with_mower_back_low_tie_4-17-09.JPG

Now what should I do with all of that beautiful mulch?:

Phantom_with_mulch_on_cart_front_4-17-09.JPG

Be sure to swing that door open wide!!:

Phantom_with_mulch_door_open_4-17-09.JPG

YEAH!! It all fits, and my home is on the way to looking good:

Phantom_with_mulch_door_open_full_front_4-17-09.JPG

If any of you need tips or tricks on how to fit things in your NSX, or when that wife, girlfriend, or significant other is barking at you that an NSX is 'not practical', just let me know. Steer them my way, and I will show them that you CAN use an NSX as your only car, no matter where you live. :wink: :cool:

Last edited:
Mitch, I can't believe the stuff you do with your car. Too funny:biggrin:

Thats not easy feat getting THAT lawn mower in the trunk. I have the same one, and its a absolute tank for sure.

How much is a bag of mulch...25 lbs? You even stayed under the 400lb max, good work!

Lol garage queen!!!!!!

OMG!!!!

you seriously need to get a truck :tongue:

i see u remove the passenger seat, did u also remove the driver seat?

Last edited:
Dang, I couldn't ever do that. I would worry about scratching the paint.

ur a f n idiot. Do us a favour and help the economy and trade in your NSX and get yourself a Chev pick up .

ur a f n idiot. Do us a favour and help the economy and trade in your NSX and get yourself a Chev pick up .

Ummm...who are you again?

Mitch is someone who probably loves the NSX more than you and is well respected in this community.

I guess you must still be ticked off because you backed out of buying a set of wheels and he gave you an negative itrader rating

If you are serious,,how on earth could you interpret Mitches' post in any other way than another nsx owner using the car to its fullest,and funniest:confused: I love it. Might help you though to go back and read some of Mitches prior threads/posts. A more socialy and mature way of emoting surprise and shock would be, to ask" wow ,were you worried about damage" or I can't believe someone would go to those lengths to transport stuff in an nsx".But your crap statement is certainly troll like inflamatory,as I'm sure you are aware:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Props to you for having the jewels to try this. I for one would never try it, but nice to see others be creative. As long as the car isn't harmed, no biggie IMO :tongue:

I'd like to see someone from the 355, 360, 430 F-Car world try this! Oh wait, nm, that would mean the hood would be open for the lawn mower. :wink:

NSX functional trunk FTW!! :biggrin:

Wow! :biggrin:

Im going to go clean mine again just thinking about that :wink:

I have a suggestion. Why don't you do this community a favor and......................I'll let others fill in the blank.

BTW, you need to maybe go back to grade school and learn to spell before you start playing with grown-ups.:wink:

Mitch,
Glad to see someone else isn't afraid to take the car to the home improvement stores and buy things. These are cars and meant to be used as such. Not museum pieces.

Last edited:
I think we should be thankful to have a dedicated nut like Mitch on this forum to be the guinea pig and test the waters of what is actually possible in the NSX in ways most of us have never dreamed of. :biggrin:

and I feel bad just having a bunch of tools and random things filling up my trunk. hah!

Even with the plastic bags that mulch has got to smell pretty potent! Time to look for a sale on air fresheners.

I only count 7 bags of mulch. Did you take the driver seat out and sit on the other 3?

Some ppl rubber-neck when they see an NSX...I can't imagine the looks you where getting driving with the mower hanging out the back:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Is that a HONDA mower? You would have thought they'ed include and attchment to make hauling your honda mower easier :tongue:

I think we should be thankful to have a dedicated nut like Mitch on this forum to be the guinea pig and test the waters of what is actually possible in the NSX in ways most of us have never dreamed of. :biggrin:

As someone who has seen my car in person, you know that even with my usage, it is kept better than most NSXs with a fraction of the mileage. My wife just laughed when I sent her the pics! LOL!! :D

Back