• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

18 & 19s Alignment suggestions

I am running 18 and 19s, I was wondering if there was anyone running the same sizes with a revised alignment setting that is yielding longer treadwear? If so and you don't mind sharing I would appreciate it.

I am running Goodyear F1 GSD3 (275-30-19) and got about 5k miles out of the rear. I am pretty sure it is aligned with the factory settings, as my cords (inside) are now showing.. I was so used to running the non factory settings that I hadn't paid close enough attention to treadwear.. Could have been a Big mistake...

I have searched for alignment settings, I just want to see if someone was running something effecive to the larger diameter tires/wheels combos.

Thanks
Len

Of course the HP has nothing to do with that wear ........ <!--StartFragment -->
pain.gif

Mine is as close to stock as the lowered suspension would allow (a little off on camber at rear) - my rears are wearing pretty even though.

My fronts have close to 20K on them & still going strong! The rears look good for ~ 8K - had to replace the last rears prematurely because of a bubble but that is about the run-rate I think

Did you happen to also fall victim to that great deal from miami on those direct bolt on hp evos?

Did your order come with the finley machined spacers?:rolleyes:

I sent all my crap back to that great co that has sold all the wheels on nsx prime.

One wheel had 10 oz of wheights on one side, Truly a sign of quality chineese enginering.::eek:

D'Ecosse said:
Of course the HP has nothing to do with that wear ........ <!--StartFragment -->
pain.gif

Mine is as close to stock as the lowered suspension would allow (a little off on camber at rear) - my rears are wearing pretty even though.

My fronts have close to 20K on them & still going strong! The rears look good for ~ 8K - had to replace the last rears prematurely because of a bubble but that is about the run-rate I think

pain.gif

Of course not...:biggrin: I never boost and drive.
I think it was set a little to aggressively, so I am going to go with a moderate setting..

Getting great life out of the fronts, almost as if they are not touching the ground.:smile:

Thanks Guys.
I will come up with something "wear friendly" pretty quickly.... $700 every 4k-7k miles isn't going to go to well with the boss..

havnsx said:
Did you happen to also fall victim to that great deal from miami on those direct bolt on hp evos?

Did your order come with the finley machined spacers?:rolleyes:

I sent all my crap back to that great co that has sold all the wheels on nsx prime.

One wheel had 10 oz of wheights on one side, Truly a sign of quality chineese enginering.::eek:

Nah.. I have SSR GT3s...
Good luck with yours though..

I was told if you try 28-30 psi in the rear tires you can get about 6K more miles out of them. A friend of mine was blowing through tires after 2k miles (2 sets), now he get 8-10k with this psi.

Back