• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

18 and 19 wheel set up with stock suspension

As the title says, can I go with this set up without lower my car?
I am happy with my current set up on 16 and 17 but don't know if this new set up (18 & 19) will increase the wheel gap and make it looks like a 4 X 4.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

you'll be ok - but even 1" lower will be way better, maybe some others have pics of how this looks? like "vikas"

My advise is to get new shocks/struts, the Bilsteins. Reason: I believe you have a 91? If so, you're OEM are likely worn. You can install the Bilsteins which will crispen your handling and at the same time you can use the lower perch to lower your car approx. 7/8" to give you a visually more appealing ride height. Win-win situation. :smile:

You should fine. My Dad currently runs 18/19 w/ no issues. The car looks OK but we are lowering it w/ Bilsteins in the Spring. Should really look good. Good luck.

It looks gross.

When I had 18/19 installed I had a 1" drop apox and it looked like a 4x4.

I think I'm close to a 3" drop now.

Definitely lower it. Here's my old 18/19 non-lowered (Stock)
Stock.jpg

Here's what it looks like with ~1.25" drop (like Eibach):
Lowered.jpg

As the title says, can I go with this set up without lower my car?
I am happy with my current set up on 16 and 17 but don't know if this new set up (18 & 19) will increase the wheel gap and make it looks like a 4 X 4.
18"/19" tires will raise the car, although the difference in height is small (0.15" in front, 0.39" in the rear). That's because the 18"/19" tire sizes (215/35-18 and 275/30-19) are larger in diameter than your stock tire sizes (215/45-16 and 245/40-17).

As long as you're happy with your current setup, why not just keep it? :confused:

When you order your rims tell the shop that your setup would be for lowered suspension. The reason was when I ordered my Work wheels I told them it's for stock suspension. When I lowered the car recently the tires touch the suspension (Tein coilovers). I had to install 8mm spacers at the back for some clearance.

You'll have gaps...its the ratio of gappage vs. height of the tire sidewall that makes it look funny.

18/19 setup doesn't give you much sidewall and will result in a lot stiffer ride. Its easier to bend a wheel also.

IMHO 17/18 is best comprimise and tire diameters are closer to OEM...win win.

I agree with Zishan. Here is mine with that exact setup, Bilsteins. Perfect height! Ride is awesome and i never scraps, if driven correctly. Tire rubbed at first, but is better now. Inner liner just adjusted. 18 and 19's.
DSC000081.JPG

You'll have gaps...its the ratio of gappage vs. height of the tire sidewall that makes it look funny.

18/19 setup doesn't give you much sidewall and will result in a lot stiffer ride. Its easier to bend a wheel also.

IMHO 17/18 is best comprimise and tire diameters are closer to OEM...win win.

I'm by no means an expert on the topic, but from what I do know, what you're saying makes sense. I'm actually anticipating putting a 17/18 set up on mine. Did you lower yours or leave it at stock height?

What's up,

Maybe I can help, this my 2004 LBB with 18/19 HRE C20 set up/NSX-R Suspension. Lower 3/4" front and 1/2" rear. Just to give you a idea how will look with less then 1". Hope this help.

Bernie

BernieNSX-10.jpg

Attachments

• Bernie NSX-11.jpg
    Bernie NSX-11.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 42
What's up,

Maybe I can help, this my 2004 LBB with 18/19 HRE C20 set up/NSX-R Suspension. Lower 3/4" front and 1/2" rear. Just to give you a idea how will look with less then 1". Hope this help.

Bernie

BernieNSX-10.jpg

You just cant go wrong with a LBB, I think any wheel or size will look:eek: :eek:
Nice looking car

Back