• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 nsx

i am looking at 1991 nsx can someone tell me is the non power sterring in the car hard to drive because they did not have power sterring in that model thank you.

Models without power steering are only tough to handle at very low speeds. Just make sure you are moving when turning the wheel and you won't have a problem.

Last edited:
i am looking at 1991 nsx can someone tell me is the non power sterring in the car hard to drive because they did not have power sterring in that model thank you.

No, not bad at all as long as you are moving.

If you have access to it, drive it and see first hand. :biggrin:

Buying a used 91, U are better off without power steering although it may be heavy at lo speed. PS is a very expensive and hard to source replacement item. See the thread under power steering. U will get used to driving the non PS unit after a few miles.

With the OEM tire sizes it's not hard at all. Once you go 17 or 18 it gets a bit harder if you aren't rolling a little. If it's too much of a problem for you then I suggest a Lincoln Towncar. :biggrin:

no PS is the best. less crap to go wrong.

you get use to it in a few miles and you work those arms at speeds in the range of 0-1 mph after that it feel just like PS.

if the wheels are moving even a MM it easy.

My daily driver is a 300zx-TT with power steering.
I can say that I don't even notice that the NSX has unboosted steering.
I'm 5'11" 175-180 pounds

I drive a 91 NSX with Advan RS 17x8's on the front (18x10's on the rear), thanks to SoS.

Any extra effort required for very slow speed turns or parking is quickly forgotten as soon as I am driving the car forward at any speed above five miles an hour. The steering is very responsive, great feedback, just superb IMHO. I can still remember my test drive in the car, rescued from a used car lot. It felt like I was steering a go-kart. It still does! :smile:

I actually prefer the manual.
The front is so light since its mid engine and aluminum

I agree, I have driven both. the manual steering seems to have a better feel. I can palm steer the wheel if the car is just barely moving. My wife drives it with no issues.
Remember, there is little weight over the front wheels.

I have a 1991 NSX and have never driven an NSX with power steering. This summer I drove an S2000 and noticed that the steering input was light on both cars but holding a tight corner in the S2000 felt easier, it felt like I didn't have to fight the steering wheel as much and there was less bump steer. I realize that these are different cars but am wondering if the power steering on the NSX has a simular feel. If it does it would make a long day throught he twisties less tirering.

Back