• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 radiator replacement - part availability

What is the availability of a new 1991 NSX radiator?
A dealer in Nova Scotia and one in Florida both say the item is on backorder.

One dealer said they can maybe get one in January, the other had no availability date.

What if I want one now?

Tks!
Darren.

Try [MENTION=33290]SpeedyPartsJapan[/MENTION].

I see an old Koyo vs xxx comparison thread - back then the Koyo was said to be better made.
Is that still the case?
Does the product now have a good warranty?
Where to buy - Science of Speed? (I'm in Canada).

Tks!
Darren.

I see an old Koyo vs xxx comparison thread - back then the Koyo was said to be better made.
Is that still the case?
Does the product now have a good warranty?
Where to buy - Science of Speed? (I'm in Canada).

Tks!
Darren.
Many run Koyo no problem. Great OEM replacement. If you want more go with Masiv. I don't see the point of using OEM with those two great products easily available.

Not sure where to get Koyo in Canada. But quick search should yield results.

Amazon: [FONT=&quot]http://a.co/dBjIkKb
Evasive: [/FONT]
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=KOYO-ACURA

Last edited:
Many run Koyo no problem. Great OEM replacement. If you want more go with Masiv. I don't see the point of using OEM with those two great products easily available.

+1. I have a Koyo, it's very well-made and I'm glad I got it. It's also all-aluminum,unlike the oem one that I believe is part plastic, adding a potential point of failure. It's nice-looking too, adds to the appearance of the front underhood area.
The mechanic who installed mine said of it-
super good quality, excellent welding, fits perfectly

I have a Koyo - dropped right in.
I bought new upper and lower bushings, but I don't know that mine were actually bad, still have the old ones in a bag with other parts.
At the time (2 yr ago) price for stock v Koyo were similar, Koyo looks nicer.
My box says V2032, KV082303R. This is for a manual transmission and a has a 36mm core.
I got off Eboy for ~ $360 out of CA - - just search for Koyo NSX or V2032.
This is not a top end rack radiator like others have mentioned, but mine is still fine.
Remember to get all the goodies like crush washers and OEM coolant (4 gals ... ?) for the balance of the job.
Read the manual and bleed accordingly.
Good luck.

changed mine out less than 2 months ago with koyo. bought on ebay ~$338 shipped. nothing was wrong with my oem unit other than it was 26 yrs old and also you get some weight reduction going with the koyo radiator

Radiators in Japan are actually priced higher than in the USA. It's quite strange.

weight reduction going with the koyo radiator
By how much?

The OEM radiator is still a good one, it lasts between 25 and 30 years, nothing wrong with it. Any other radiator has to be proof to be capable to survive that long.

Back