• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1994 NSX value

Hello all, I'm a new member and was just looking for some opinions. Great site, have already gotten lots of useful info.

I'm currently looking at a 94 NSX with 59K miles, 5-speed, in very good condition, for sale at a dealer. They just completed the 60K service on the car. I've looked up the KBB value, but I know how inaccurate it can be with a collector car since I have owned a few sports cars in my past. I was also looking at a 91 with ~76K miles, and of course the 94 is significantly more expensive. Their asking price doesn't seem to be too far off compared to similar cars that are for sale around the US, but I was just curious what everybody thought a fair price range would be for the 94. Thanks in advance. :smile:

More info, please!

Any comments about title/history? (ie. CarFax, clean/rebuilt/salvage/flood)

Any maint'/service history? (ie. 4yr/60k & 6yr/90k services should've been done... timing-belt/water-pump, etc)

Overall condition of interior/exterior? (ie. appears fine for usage/age, etc)

General wear-n-tear items? (ie. weather rubber-stripping, tires, brake pads/discs, misc. seals/gaskets, etc)

Any paintwork/accidents/etc?

Any mechanical/electrical issues? (ie. Stereo speakers, climate control, etc)

Any aftermarket add-ons/mods'? (ie. wheels, I/H/E, etc)

How's the clutch? (ie. original, been replaced, etc)

A clean, avg. miles of 59k, 1994 NSX 5spd w/ clean-title & full maint'/service history would be an attractive buy at $32.5k to me.

For further insights, here's a link to the pricing guide in the FAQ's:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm

KBB is not accurate for the NSX due to very limited numbers produced & sold.

Goodluck & please keep us posted!

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I'm going to drive it tonight, as it was up on the lift this past weekend getting the full 60K service wrapped up.

Exterior looks great, only a very few small paint chips by the drivers side rear fender air inlet. Paint seems to be original as I didn't find any hard lines in the seams or see any mismatched orange peal, etc.

Not sure about the clutch condition yet, I will find out tonight on my test drive.

I'm going to ask them to print out a carfax report, but I nosed around under it for 1/2 an hour while it was on the lift. I did not see anything that would indicate it was ever in an accident of any sort. I'll will of course make sure the title is clean as well.

The car is bone stock. Weather stripping looks good, tires are new, wheels are in good shape.

The interior is very clean, the seats show very little wear. I will check out the other interior accesories tonight as the battery was out of it this weekend.

They currently are asking $34.8K, which sounds pretty reasonable to me. Just trying to decide if I really need another weekend car right now...

Thanks again guys, I'll be sure and post some pictures if I bring one home anytime soon. :)

Make sure Timing belt and water pump is done. If that's done then I say 30-33k is fair price for that mileage I think.

If it all checks out and the dealer is asking $34.8k then offer 31k and I'm sure they will met you in the middle somewhere. Low 30's is a good price for a well cared for 94 NSX.

last yr i purchased a 95 with 14K miles in pristine condition for $34K (ebay)

Bought a 95 that I have to repaint, has a "BLOSE" amp problem (didn't know about it when I bought it), hasn't had the timing belt replaced, leather is average (I'm going to replace it cuz it is warn beyond my tastes), the trunk struts need replaced if it is a cold day (they worked when I bought it, but it was 80 degrees...at 60 they tend to fall) with 63k miles for $30,500 two weeks ago.

Hey guys, thanks for all the good replies once again. Once I got the car under some good lights, I could see that the paint wasn't quite as good as I had thought it was. It was definitely a nice car, but IMO they are just asking too much for it compared to some others out there.

The salesmen of course have been calling me to see if I'm still interested, but in the same breath they tell me they absolutely will not budge on the price. I told them to call me when anything changed with the price. :)

Renner said:
Hey guys, thanks for all the good replies once again. Once I got the car under some good lights, I could see that the paint wasn't quite as good as I had thought it was. It was definitely a nice car, but IMO they are just asking too much for it compared to some others out there.

The salesmen of course have been calling me to see if I'm still interested, but in the same breath they tell me they absolutely will not budge on the price. I told them to call me when anything changed with the price. :)

Were you looking at the black '94 in Columbus, Ohio? From Lindsay Acura?

I bought my black/black '94, all stock, 56,000 miles, last February. They were asking $34,000, I got it for $32.5K. It needed the timing belt/water pump and 60K service.
I think the price they're asking is pretty fair, if you like the car and have it checked out by an independent mechanic who knows NSX's and it check out okay, then it's fair.
You could pay the full price if they agree to perform the timing belt and 60K service and you'd be fine. IMHO.

Sounds like it was not the car for you.
Mint 94's are hard to find with below Ave. mileage (for some reason?)
Not many were sold here (446 w/5 speeds) , so the selection of mint 94's is some what slim.
(If I come across a mint example with super lo mi. I will try to convince the boss we need a 2nd one.)
I paid low 30's private party for mine with 58k mi and a few nice mods (everything on the list below minus the wheels) I felt I got a screaming deal considering the cond & history of the car.
Good luck with the hunt!

Yes, mint '94's ARE hard to find. I was lucky to find mine.

I did listen to everyone on this board, (the best knowledge base on NSX's by far), about the differences between the years, but after driving quite a few examples of both varieties (3.0/5 speeds and 3.2/6 speeds, I thought the best choice for me was a '94 coupe. I haven't regretted my choice.

Good Luck Renner.

MCM said:
Mint 94's are hard to find with below Ave. mileage (for some reason?)
Not many were sold here (446 w/5 speeds) , so the selection of mint 94's is some what slim.

My Red 94 is #458..........it must have snuck in under the radar :eek: MCM is right though, about the short amount of 94's around. I looked for awhile before I found the one I have and got lucky that it had everything I wanted on it and more. Red 94 BLK int, 58,000, CTSC, CT headers w/ cutom exhaust, CT HP clutch, CT short gears - 455's, RM intake and dyno'd a little over 415. Body and paint is in great shape minus some chips in the front spoiler from some desert runs. Got it for $39,000, which I thought was a descent price since it had the CTSC I wanted and a bunch of other Comptech goodies totaling around $15,000. They are out there, just not easy to find.

Good luck on the search !!

"My Red 94 is #458..........it must have snuck in under the radar"

FAQ says 66 were autos so 512 total. That would explain #458 :biggrin:

I sold my 94 with 29K miles, Volks, headers, exhaust, Tein's, sway bars, carbon goodies inside and out, dvd/cd player, etc. for 34K. It took a while to get that price to. I would say that particular 94 with those miles is a 30-31K car.

"My Red 94 is #458..........it must have snuck in under the radar"

FAQ says 66 were autos so 512 total. That would explain #458

OK
Mine is #517
Can you explain that?

#496 here -- but I got a lot of miles on it (~94,000).

Just a theory, but I think the reason there's so few pristine '94's out there is because four years into the run all of the "collectors" looking for garage queens already go theirs, and what was left were the "drivers". I've never shied away from driving mine, most recently putting over 2000 miles on it driving to and from Phoenix for NSXPO.

all are winners...

flaminio has some interesting points!

'94s were the last year of the readily available coupes; '95+, NSX-T's were 99% of the NSX's offered (other than '99 which had the Zanardi edition, a coupe) unless special order. Therefore, someone seeking specifically a coupe would be rather interested in the '94s which would assumingly have lower miles being relatively newer. Usually owning a coupe and tracking are synonymous, and track vehicles do get their share of miles! Definitely not garage queens... :tongue:

I've seen in the past where prospective NSX buyers were keenly looking for a '94. In fact, I was one of them! I just felt it was more sorted out than the 91-93's at the time, having: 16/17 alloy wheels in gun-metal, no snap-ring, no power-steering, 2nd air-bag, updated A/C (R134), etc...

I researched further and eventually realized not much difference between purchasing a well-maintained '91-'93 and '94. :cool:

'97+ are another story!

under the skin...

Modernceo said:
What do you mean ? Whats with the 97+'s ?

'97s are significantly different than the '91-'94s... (brakes, 3.2 6spd drivetrain, headers/exhaust, power-steering, T-roof, OBDII, etc... )

Re: all are winners...

Osiris, what you said...

Below is a copy of my post from a while back:

For me, 94 was the perfect year for several reasons:
coupe = less weight as well as more structural rigidity than 95+
wheels are bigger and look better than 91-93
no power steering issues as with 95+
less weight = faster than 95-96
much cheaper than 97+ (save the $ for FI and other mods)
tan interior, if you don't want black it looks better than ivory IMO
But at the heart of it, it is an NSX

Back