• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1995 NSX scam on craigslist, anyone know who really owns this 2002??

I found this ad on craigslist, wondered who really owns it and where it might be located. I'm guessing it to be a 2002 or later since that is when Imola Orange first came out. I think he picked the wrong car to say a water pump went bad, ha!

1995 acura NSX - $3800 (132nd Fort)

<HR>Date: 2009-12-23, 3:35AM CST
Reply to: [email protected] <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

I am new to omaha i am from illinois and i have recently found out that i am going to be a father so it is time to hang up the keys for good, and slow down to a grocery getter. i am thinking of either an STi or an Evo so i still have the speed but AWD is the way to go around here apperently so i am either selling my 1995 acura NSX for 3800 OBO please no low ball offers and yes before u call i do know how much this car is actually worth i just dont have the time to find a buyer for that kind of cash right now and i know a lot of you may call me an idiot i dont care my family comes first and if it means getting screwed out of 20ish thousand dollars than so be it i make enough money i will live.

before i get to far into it i have to let you know that it needs a water pump the one i have in it now went bad on me and i did some research and it is about 1600 dollars so with that on the table please take this beauty off my hands. she is Imola Orange and has 14541 miles on the original motor and tranny. i want her to go to a good home she has never seen rain or snow i have had her from the factory since 1995. I am asking 3800 OBO like i said before and i am also willing to make a fair trade for an STi or an EVO thanks a lot

-bill

<!-- START CLTAGS -->

• <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=132nd Fort -->Location: 132nd Fort
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
<!-- END CLTAGS --><TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
3kb3md3p05Oa5Vb5Se9cnd1f115c2eaaf1dad.jpg
<TD align=middle>
3nf3k63m85Q75Pf5R59cn0429c3c330891b5c.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>
3n93o53p65O75T65R19cn0f9cb9f195851261.jpg
</TD><TD align=middle>
3n13m43l85O95T85Qc9cn38e65c6784e113ef.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Its a scam,,, I have seen this type before,, even if he sold the car for 10,000 it would sell in minutes,, and no low ballers??? he Low balled him self,, dont do it guys,, dont be dumb,, nothing in life is free

Im scanning all ads on craigslist now for more of these guys,, My girlfriend can find these scams for almost any car,, its easy when you know how they word the ad,,, so we started playing with these scamers,, acting like we were gonna send the money and telling them that we sent the money and when they go down to western union thinking they are getting 30,000 for a car we send them like 1 penny,, its so fun,,,they mess with us we can mess with them!! yea it cost us like 3.00dollars to sedn that 1 penny but the the thought of their expresion on their face when they get a penny is priceless

Guys I think its funny that we are Primes Investigators!!! LOL I am a Computer Consultant so im on a computer all day long but Prime is always on my machine running in the background,, lol are we geeks? or is it just me?

Last edited:
Yeah, that's my car. Gotta hand it to the scammer, it's a nice detailed ad. He certainly knows some things about the NSX.

Where did you get that domo? lol

To answer Shawn's "are we geeks" question - I have to plead guilty about Prime that is - it's pretty much up all day at work.

I love to hear about you guys pulling chains of the creeps that try and scam. This is pretty damn obvious though. Geez. I tell you - don't you just wish you could get em. I don't know what CL does to screen but obviously it's a big 0. So much for Craig's list. It's worse than Ebay - at ebay this wouldn't last long. Any is too much. Just so stupid.

Obviously knows nothing about these cars - as we all know water pumps are hardly 1600. Oh boy - glad to see everyone is alert though - thanks to you "investigators"!!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

I see those ads all the time on autotrader.ca, craigslist and kijiji... I don't get how people will ever fall for those scams. It's just so obvious when the vehicle is like 50% below its fair value. I try to report those scam every time I see one but the websites are slow to respond. Take auto trader for instance, I reported a fake black NSX that was being sold for $11,000 Cad. The phone number is out of service and the description was vague. It took them 7-8 days to remove the ad. I think the response time is ridiculous... and i think 5% of the ads in autotrader are scams!

I'm not too far from 132nd and Fort Street in Omaha :eek:)

Maybe he meant $38,000.... most like a scam.

Must not drive it much. I've never seen it. People I know have never mentioned seeing one of that color.

Scam or it would be like the movie "gone in 60 seconds."

Even without an engine it would be well worth more than $3800.

Rod
Omaha, NE

PS. I pulled a humpty dumpty and fell more than 10' when I went to put up Christmas lights 11/24. Lucky it's winter when the NSX spends most of the time in the garage anyway. Broke & dislocated my shoulder, broke 4 ribs, ouch. I come off short term disability after the new year. I'm also lucky my humpty dumpty imitation wasn't so bad that all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put him back together again. I'm healing up okay.

PSS. I'm local to Omaha so I could call and check it out.

maybe if he makes a sale he was gonna Steal it from synth19, so watch out,, make sure those doors are locked and was his discription close? what year and miles?

Back