• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1998 Kaiser Silver After a Long Search

Hi All,

I purchased this beauty back in August from WP FERRATO down in San Antonio and brought it up to Austin with me. I've been putting of posting about the car since I've yet to have time to do a proper photoshoot with the car. I had been looking for a 1997-2001 for sale in Texas for almost a year when I saw the post in the classifieds, and called up the seller and asked him to hold the car for a week as I was out of town. The previous seller was a nice enough to hold onto the car for me, and I met him at his house once back in town. The car was the cleanest example of just about any car I've seen outside of a showroom floor. There were signs of road wear in the form of chips, but nothing otherwise it was pristine. The interior was in an amazing near-unused state, and the car remained 100% stock. Since purchasing the car I've put on nearly 1,000 miles, the longest bit being a drive to an from Austin. I'm in the process of wrapping the car satin white, even though this forum seems to find that to be overdone. Due to a busy schedule it's taking me longer than I would like. If you see me around town, I apologize in advance for the two-tone look of the car, but I promise I'll have it done before the end of the year. Anyways.. enough talk. Here are a few photos I snapped before starting to wrap the car in Dallas. I apologize for the darkness.

15558091917_5ffc3a2d58_b.jpg

15743260245_cfbf460e13_b.jpg

15558429870_fc28c3f71f_b.jpg

15123310704_875c4a7602_b.jpg

15719547486_5e8e61d9c2_b.jpg

15558430850_081ae551a1_b.jpg

Flickr Album

Cheers,
Cliff

Attachments

• NSX-1.jpg
    NSX-1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 106
  • NSX-2.jpg
    NSX-2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 107
  • NSX-3.jpg
    NSX-3.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 109
  • NSX-4.jpg
    NSX-4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 111
  • NSX-5.jpg
    NSX-5.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 116
  • NSX-6.jpg
    NSX-6.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 110
Congrats!!! One of my favorite colors!!! You are a lucky man.....

Enjoy!!!

Thanks everyone!
[MENTION=30832]KellyJoe2.0[/MENTION] - Sorry to nab it before you. I think I called the seller up within an hour of posting the add. I was a bit obsessive about checking the classifieds on this site. Any time you would like to meet up let me know.

It is a beautiful color, and I almost feel bad about covering it up. I'll take more pictures post-wrap as it looks quite ghetto right now. Had a beautiful drive back from Lago Vista this morning. Yesterday I saw ~10 S2000's, and today I saw a group of bimmers. Lets get some NSXs together!

Thanks everyone!
@KellyJoe2.0 - Sorry to nab it before you. I think I called the seller up within an hour of posting the add. I was a bit obsessive about checking the classifieds on this site. Any time you would like to meet up let me know.

It is a beautiful color, and I almost feel bad about covering it up. I'll take more pictures post-wrap as it looks quite ghetto right now. Had a beautiful drive back from Lago Vista this morning. Yesterday I saw ~10 S2000's, and today I saw a group of bimmers. Lets get some NSXs together!

I'll give a shout when up that way as my sister lives there and I'm always around there. I have my doors all apart for window regulator preventative maintenance and waiting for my coolant hoses from SOS. Once done I'll be in the wind. :biggrin:

I'm glad it is at least staying in the neighborhood. I'm not opposed wraps but that color is much better than any wrap I've ever seen. But, it's your car and a very nice find at that, so enjoy it your way. Let me know when you all get together. I'm not affraid to bring mine to Austin.

Nice find! Beautiful !!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Beautiful original NSX in a rare color.
The previous owner(s) did a great job looking after it.
A pity all the respect and care this car has been shown for 16 years will be tossed away.

Beautiful original NSX in a rare color.
The previous owner(s) did a great job looking after it.
A pity all the respect and care this car has been shown for 16 years will be tossed away.

Wow!! Really???

Although I find it a bit odd someone would want to change the color so quickly of such an awesome color... Wrapping it in a color he desires is hardly disrespecting anything... He is simply protecting the original color while enjoying a custome color of his choice... Now, if he was painting it, then I'd be worried....

Wow!! Really???

Although I find it a bit odd someone would want to change the color so quickly of such an awesome color... Wrapping it in a color he desires is hardly disrespecting anything... He is simply protecting the original color while enjoying a custome color of his choice... Now, if he was painting it, then I'd be worried....

lol that is just JD's way of saying "please don't wrap that beautiful Silverstone and hide it from the adoring world" :biggrin:

lol that is just JD's way of saying "please don't wrap that beautiful Silverstone and hide it from the adoring world" :biggrin:

Lol...Some people like wide body kits and big ass wings, some people still rock the fat fives and stock ride height....

Never going to please everybody.....

Funny thing is I almost wrapped my berlina in a kaiser silver style color....but I went with my other favorite color, white...should be done today!!!!

Hope JD doesn't get mad at me too....:redface:

Hope JD doesn't get mad at me too....:redface:

Mark
Not mad at anyone at all. :smile:
Each person should do what they want with their car and enjoy it fully.
If you want to wrap it, rice it, paint it pink, it's all good.

This Kaiser happens to be a rare, collectible NSX.
A classy car and up till now has been looked after in a classy manner befitting it's rarity.
I think it would be nice to see this one kept that way.

On the other hand buying this yellow one on eBay and wrapping it white would be doing the car a service.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-NSX-B...599ae2f68&item=161492119400&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Much cheaper too.

Back