• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 NSX main relay location

Please help me find the location of the main relay. It is not in the same location as the earlier models or I just am missing something. My car will not start now and then. I have a new battery and the clamps are on tight. thanks for any help.

I have a 1991 and mine's located high on the rear firewall midway behind the seats. Your's is located farther to the side (I can't remember left or right?) but it is still under the rear cover high enough to see and easily remove (it has "main relay" typed on the unit). Happy Motoring!

Your just missing it, its in the almost same spot for all the years, mine is a 92 and its right hehind the drivers head, the other years are in the same area but moved around a little. look in the owners manual, its about 3"X3"X1" black box with a plug going into it

can miss it

The main relay is not in the same spot for all years. For 1995+ it is located in the corner behind the passenger seat, just to the inside of the seat belt, so for a 1999 you need to remove the right rear interior panel to get to it.

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
The main relay is not in the same spot for all years. For 1995+ it is located in the corner behind the passenger seat, just to the inside of the seat belt, so for a 1999 you need to remove the right rear interior panel to get to it.

HTH,
LarryB
Hey Larry . hope all is well with your post NSX mechanical retirement. I removed the three screws that hold that right interior panel in place but can't seem to remove it completely. there are some sort of clips holding it in? is there some sort of trick to remove it.. I'm trying to replace my relay. I have another thread about it with some pictures in General.

Back