• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

20 October ALMS - Laguna Seca

Taking the pch route will be a little longer but I think the scene will be much better.

My Check in time for the room is 4pm and drive time is estimated at 6hrs. So I was thinking of leaving at 10 or 11am anyone else have any input of when they are leaving?

>I know it is bit early, but I assume that some of us in the LA/OC area would like to caravan to Monterey, perhaps up Highway 1. We need a caravan organizer.<

I vote for Mario!

DaveG

+1 :smile:

Need advice on how to join and order tickets for the ALMS event. I was a NSXCA member midwest chapter in 2003-2004. I relocated to California in 2005 and recently renewed my membership. I followed the instruction at the NSXCA website. The website pointed me to a paypal link which I chose the one year renewal and paid $40 off my bank acct. My question is would NSXCA automatically transfer my membership to Southwest Chapter upon renewal or Do I need to submit a form?

Also, How can I order tickets? I pm'd TK but didnt get any reply yet. Thanks and appreciate the help.:smile:

FYI - if you are looking for a hotel. I posted this in the Northwest Forum...

I like the idea of having many of us stay in the same hotel. We can help each other w/ various items as needed if we are together...and having a nice row of NSXs parked together looks amazing.

I'm currently talking w/ Hilton National Sales regarding getting rooms for the event. They are setting me up w/ group quotes for different Hilton properties in the Monterey area. We would each have to book our own rooms, but under the group code, we would get a discount as long as we all stay at the same property.

Right now a good hotel that isn't booked up is the Hilton Garden Inn. I've read reviews on this hotel and they look good. It's only eight miles from the track, was recently renovated and has good parking. This is the first choice for the group rate. I've asked for 20 rooms (w/ the option to add more), hopefully they have availability.

If they have enough rooms, and once I get the quote, I'll update this thread.

Last edited:
My question is would NSXCA automatically transfer my membership to Southwest Chapter upon renewal or Do I need to submit a form?
Whenever a club member changes his/her mailing address, the region/chapter affiliation changes automatically (if I can use the word "automatically" to apply to the process whereby I update it when I enter the new address into our database ;) ). You don't need to submit a form. So you are now in the Southwest Region.

The only exception is where a member has explicitly requested to be affiliated with a region or chapter other than the one with which his/her mailing address would normally be, in which case the requested affiliation remains.

With any luck I am hoping to join in on the festivities to complete the American LeMans "triple play" after attending the opening race at Sebring and then Lime Rock this past weekend. I may be looking to "borrow" a passenger seat for the parade laps if there are any openings.

I like the idea of having many of us stay in the same hotel. We can help each other w/ various items as needed if we are together...and having a nice row of NSXs parked together looks amazing.

I'm currently talking w/ Hilton National Sales regarding getting rooms for the event. They are setting me up w/ group quotes for different Hilton properties in the Monterey area. We would each have to book our own rooms, but under the group code, we would get a discount as long as we all stay at the same property.

Right now a good hotel that isn't booked up is the Hilton Garden Inn. I've read reviews on this hotel and they look good. It's only eight miles from the track, was recently renovated and has good parking. This is the first choice for the group rate. I've asked for 20 rooms (w/ the option to add more), hopefully they have availability.

Nice, thanks for checking into this! I haven't booked my room yet.

For those that have sent in their requests for tickets, we (Ken) are processing them now and sending out confirmations. The event at this point appears to be 85% to 90% sold. I will know once Ken digs through all of the faxes and USPS requests. I expect it will take Ken a few days to get through them all. If you sent in a request for tickets but do not receive a confirmation by Saturday, please PM me.

TK

I just received an update from the organizers. Corral parking will be available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The hospitality tent will have 'content' (whatever that means) on Friday and Saturday only. The tent will still be up but will have no 'hospitatlity favors.'

tk

One of my friends told me to cancel at the Embassy Suites. He said there are better Hotels to stay at for the same money or a little more. So I may end up canceling the room.

eddiy, check the link to the caravan thread above. I'm trying to find out when everyone is heading up.

One of my friends told me to cancel at the Embassy Suites. He said there are better Hotels to stay at for the same money or a little more. So I may end up canceling the room.

I have a reservation at Embassy Suites also. Were you given any names of recommended places? I always like ES because of the extra room so it is comfortable if you are sharing the cost with someone else and you get a good free breakfast. I am not aware of any other suite-type hotels in the area.

I have a reservation at Embassy Suites also. Were you given any names of recommended places? I always like ES because of the extra room so it is comfortable if you are sharing the cost with someone else and you get a good free breakfast. I am not aware of any other suite-type hotels in the area.

I am still deciding....I actually like the embassy suites myself when I stayed up in SF. But my friend is from San Jose and he frequents Monterey a lot. He was telling me that I could get a nicer room next to the ocean for $300.00. But we'll see since you are staying there then it would be nice to see another Prime guy there. Haven't made a decision yet so now I am still sticking with the Embassy Suites.

I am still deciding....I actually like the embassy suites myself when I stayed up in SF. But my friend is from San Jose and he frequents Monterey a lot. He was telling me that I could get a nicer room next to the ocean for $300.00. But we'll see since you are staying there then it would be nice to see another Prime guy there. Haven't made a decision yet so now I am still sticking with the Embassy Suites.

Peter Mills, Larry Bastanza and I are making the trip out. Considering Peter and I are sharing a room, comfort and space make more sense for us at that price rather than getting a little closer to the ocean in a smaller room so I anticipate we will stick with the ES.

Ah freak it I am going to just keep the room. My friend hasn't really called me back on the other places. So forget it......:tongue: anyways see you guys there. I will check the caravan thread now. :smile:

Just a quick update on ticket sales. So far we have 83/100 tickets sold for the corral and about 165/200 for the hospitality tent. If you are sitting on the fence, your decision may get made for you soon!

I have opened the sales for new members, in two weeks, maybe less I will open the sales for non-members that are willing to join the club to buy tickets (of course the loop hole in this is if you join the club today, you could buy tickets tomorrow).

Tom

Any updates on rooms and rates?

We have some rates at Marriott Monterey with enough folks. No one seems want to commit. Check out the SoCal thread to drive up, see you there. Gil

Sorry for the late update. I've been away from my computer for a while.

Some good news and some bad news.

First, the good news.
I found a nice Hilton Property called the Hilton Garden Inn. It's in Monterey halfway between the beaches and halfway to the track (less than 10 minutes to the track). Great location. Most recently renovated hotel on the Peninsula. Lots of included amenities. Good parking.

Rates so far:
If you check in on Thursday and check out Sunday, it's $170/night prepaid or $189/night not prepaid. I'm checking in on Thursday.

If you check in Friday and check out Sunday, it's $206/night prepaid or $229/night not prepaid.

The bad news:
I've been talking w/ Hilton and it seems that hotels in the area are not discounting rates for that weekend due to the race weekend. Given that, these rates are still very good for a Hilton property w/ the great location and amenities.

I'm still talking w/ the Hilton Garden Inn GM to see if we can have a welcome reception for either Thursday or Friday night. That might be a nice way for many of us to meet each other and kick off the fun weekend together.

Finally, I'm working on setting up a personalized website through Hilton to allow us to register. This should ease the registration process and help gaurantee that we get the lowest available rate.

Last edited:
tk and other helpful souls:

Thanks much for the effort that goes into these things. I have never been to one of these races (nor to a race track for that matter) and am simply stoked at the chance to be around an ALMS race of all things! I joined nsxca yesterday just for this and PM'd tk with a request for info. I would love to purchase two tickets. tk I hope you see this before the tickets run out :(

-vamsi

Just booked the Holiday Inn Express that's 1 block from Cannery Row on Wave ST.

$200/w taxes Fri-Sat, $160 w/taxes Sunday night.

Free underground parking! :biggrin:

For those that weren't aware of the schedule of events or accidently deleted the email from Tom Kohrs, I am posting this again. :smile:

The schedule of events for the day has not been finalized but what is being worked on right now is:

· Acura LMP 2 motorsports team visit.

· Acura factory executives meet n' greet.

· IMSA guided ALMS Paddock walking tours.

· Motorsports related technical presentations

· Raffle drawings for Honorary Crew Member with supporting Acura LMP 2 motorsports team and IMSA guided Hot Pit walking tour of ALMS pits during the main event race.

· IMSA-facilitated parade lap of Laguna Seca circuit.

· Catered lunch and non-alcoholic cold beverage service provided by Acura.

I am looking forward to going:smile:

Just a quick update on where we are with ticket sales. As of the time of this posting, we have sold 94 of the 100 corral spots. If you are sitting on the fence trying to decide if you want to go or not, now is the time to make a decision or it will be made for you.

As we go past 100 we will keep a waiting list. There are invariably some people that sign up, then for various reasons find they can not make the event. We want to make sure all of the tickets are used.

If you are not an NSXCA member, PM or email me about how you can get tickets to attend this event if you are interested. The cost will be NSXCA membership ($40/per year, which can pay for itself in discounts for service etc. plus $80 per ticket. This is going to be the biggest NSX party in the west this year, you don't want to miss it.

Tom Kohrs
NW Region Rep.
NSXCA
96-T Red/Black

Back