• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

20 October ALMS - Laguna Seca

tk

Experienced Member
The email with instructions on how to purchase tickets for the Acura hospitality tent and NSX Corral at the Monterey Sports Car Championship (Laguna Seca) has been sent to everyone that I have a valid email address for in the NW and SW regions that was a club member the 1st of March. I have had about 10 rejects so far and I expect more in the next day or two. I also have 40 some members with no email addresses. If you are interested in attending this event and you did not receive an email, contact me right away.

This should be a great event. We hope to see many of you there.

If you are a current member of the NSXCA and did not receive an email from us, PM tk with a good email address (not NSXPrime name) so we can get your the info.

Basic info on the event can be read here.

Tom Kohrs - NW Region Rep.
Heather Woodall - SW Region Rep.
NSXCA

Last edited:
I would love to go. Let me know the details, I'll try and get Danny Sullivan to meet up with us for dinner away from the track. That is his home track these days. How many people are you expecting? I know they have thier own meet and greet too, perhaps that would be better/easier?
MAtt

Last edited:
I called him today, he said he would be swamped with the event so, we will just see him there. I signed up for the nsxca and paid, but where do I go from there?
Matt

No hogging up the tickets you old timers!!! :biggrin: I joined up for this moment and I need my 2 tickets! lol :tongue:

What is the total nsxca car & guest limit for laguna? I assume there is no price set as of yet?

The total count for cars is 100. The assumption is that there will be close to an average of 2 people per car. Each person will need a ticket and the price per ticket is $80.00 (set by the track, not Honda).

My personal opinion is that only about 1/3rd of the tickets will sell in the first 3 weeks and that we will still end up turning some back to Honda in September, but I hope I am wrong.

No hogging up the tickets you old timers!!! :biggrin: I joined up for this moment and I need my 2 tickets! lol :tongue:

What is the total nsxca car & guest limit for laguna? I assume there is no price set as of yet?

Received the email. Great info. I'm in 110%! Just confirming...I can't and shouldn't do anything before 9:00amCDT 9 July, but once that time occurs I can hit "Send" and begin the process?

Thanks.

wedding bells...

great day for the wife's friend to get married. what are the chances? had been planning to go since the first announcement, oh well. the wife even said I could go to laguna instead of the wedding. SURE! we all know how that would fly come monday morning when I got home. maybe next time.

Re: wedding bells...

Got the email today, fully commited to go. Need 2 tickets, will send order in on Monday.

Verification, those of us who joined AFTER March 1 will NOT get an email yet correct?

I will send an email to the members that joined after March 1st in about 3 weeks, that should give us time to clear the back log. If it looks like orders are slowing before then, I might do it earlier. Sometime mid August, I will open the orders to anyone that is willing to join the club to buy their tickets.

Tom

Any recommendations on accommodations?

Peter Frederiksen who is a local club member in Monterey sent me the following:

Just got the flyer from the race track for all the events. FYI, these are the "Hotel Partners."

Bernadus Lodge 1-888-648-9463 www.bernardus.com $275-$1890
Hilton Garden Inn 1-831-373-6141 monterey.stayhgi.com $229-$404 (AAA)
Marriott Monterey 1-831-649-4234 marriott.com/mryca $299-$339
Inns of Monterey 1-800-232-4141 innsofmonterey.com $215-$300
Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa 1-800-334-3999 woodsidehotels.com/monterey $315-$3200
Hyatt Regency Monterey 1-800-233-1234 monterey.hyatt.com $269-$528

Inns of Monterey is a group of motels. Also a zillion motels on Munras Avenue in Monterey. The ones on the flyer I listed above are pretty up-scale if that is what people want.

He also mentioned that the track is halfway between Salinas and Monterey, so hotels may be cheaper but just as accessable in Salinas. Just for the record, I am booked at the Days Inn for $143 per night.

Tom

Last edited:
If the hotels do the same thing they do during World Superbike, expect every hotel along the coast about 45 minutes both ways to basically quadruple their price. I saw regular day $40 rooms in the ghetto booked and open rooms going for over $200.

I sugguest you book your rooms NOW if they haven't jacked up the prices yet. Or better yet, be friendly with prime members who live within an hour :biggrin: Salinas should be cheaper but the price is gonna be CRAZY during that weekend anyhow.

I recently did a drive through the area about 2 weeks ago and got a room on a friday night at the Holiday Inn Express in Seaside next to Robert's Lake across the highway from the beach for $135/night. The hotel on the other side of the highway on the beach whose name I forgot, charged $240. This was during a regular weekend 2 weeks ago. Use that as price reference.

Or better yet, just get a place south of San Jose, like in Gilroy. It's an hour or less.

Last edited:

The total Car limit is 100. The total number of guests is 200 (assume 2 people per car) The price is $80 per person. That includes all three days of the Monterey Sports Car Championships.

I'll be there...hopefully competing. Do you haveto sign up at NSXCA to be apart of the car corral or will I have to park my NSX all alone?

Signed up via email and paid via paypal. :biggrin:
I'm traveling up Friday, staying Saturday and traveling home Sunday sometime. Looking forward to the HWY 1 coastal drives as much as the Saturday event itself.

3 days????? I didn't know that! That's awesome! I guess I'll be looking for a place for the little lady and I to stay for the weekend!

Does anyone know if there is going to be anything special down at Cannery Row after the race on saturday???? I remember at the Superbike races, they closed off cannery row to all car traffic and just allowed bikes in. Wondering if they're gonna do that for some of the "special" cars or not.......

Signed up via email and paid via Paypal.

To participate in the Corral and Acura hospitality you must be an NSXCA member and purchase a ticket ($80). If you have a pass already to the event because you will be competing, PM me, but you will still have to be an NSXCA member.

Tom

I'll be there...hopefully competing. Do you haveto sign up at NSXCA to be apart of the car corral or will I have to park my NSX all alone?

I've submitted my request by e-mail.

I know it is bit early, but I assume that some of us in the LA/OC area would like to caravan to Monterey, perhaps up Highway 1. We need a caravan organizer.

Request in by email, payment sent via PayPal.

I agree, it'd be great for us to have a caravan and really enjoy the ride up. This of course depends on when we're all leaving as well. I'm not decided yet, but I"m thinking of driving up on Friday (10/19), since I"m assuming it's just qualifying racing that day...

Email payment sent

Will be waiting for more info. =)

Ok I am booked at Embassy Suites Hotel at $289 a night.

Embassy Suites - Monterey Bay
The Official Hotel of
Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca
(831) 393-1115
(831) 393-1113 (fax)
http://montereybay.embassysuites.com/

Embassy Suites Monterey Bay is located just minutes from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and proudly serves as it's official hotel. Just two blocks from the beach in beautiful Seaside, California, the Embassy Suites Hotel Monterey Bay-Seaside gives you spectacular bay views. As a hotel guest, you'll enjoy spacious, two-room suites with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's Reception. Each suite includes private bedroom and separate living room with wet bar, microwave, coffeemaker and microwave for your convenience.

Last edited:
>I know it is bit early, but I assume that some of us in the LA/OC area would like to caravan to Monterey, perhaps up Highway 1. We need a caravan organizer.<

I vote for Mario!

DaveG

Back