• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

20 October ALMS - Laguna Seca

For a first time track visitor at an actual race at Laguna Seca.

It was Loud! But you get used to it.
Sitting at a turn is a lousy way of figuring out a race unless you have a radio tuned in to the announcer's AM freq.
They only allow you two alcoholic drinks :)
Having a team to cheer for a fantastic.

Thanks to tk for organizing this, bob for giving me photo tips, Acura for helping organize this and everyone else for making it so memorable. I am able to put faces on the names finally. The parade lap and driving down the corkscrew at 45mph and hearing my wife's and my involuntary wooohooo was so worth it.

it was interesting to see people whip out their quick detailers and clean their rims, panels etc while we were waiting for the parade lap. For those who might have missed the link, the parade lap photos will be uploaded by the IMSA photog at http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS2.c...alheader.htm&p=/2007/car corrals/ccphotos.htm

I had rented a 70-200 2.8 IS to see how i'd like it if I actually bought one. A very good think I had it along.

IMG_3752.JPG
<br><br>
IMG_3675.JPG
<br><br>
IMG_3264.JPG
<br><br>
IMG_3413.JPG
<br><br>
IMG_3414.JPG
<br><br>
IMG_3417.JPG
<br><br>
IMG_3418.JPG
<br><br>
IMG_3828.JPG
<br> <br>
IMG_3857_filtered.JPG
<br><br>

The rest are at http://picasaweb.google.com/juvvij/ALMSAtLagunaSeca.

Great event! Thanks Tom and Larry for setting up a great event. We all know that there must have been great effort in organizing such a great event. We hope to go again next year!

Thanks to everyone involved for putting this together. When do tickets go on sale for next year's corral?

If I had one criticism, it would be to shift the catered lunches from Friday and Saturday to Saturday and Sunday. The Realtime boys put on an amazing race in their Acura TSXs and RSXs...and so few of us were there on Sunday to cheer them on!

Thanks to everyone involved for putting this together. When do tickets go on sale for next year's corral?

If I had one criticism, it would be to shift the catered lunches from Friday and Saturday to Saturday and Sunday. The Realtime boys put on an amazing race in their Acura TSXs and RSXs...and so few of us were there on Sunday to cheer them on!

I would like to award Eric and Peter for most hardcore fan/photographer for staying from 9am to 9pm on Sat and then also going on Sunday.....:eek: :tongue:

That was the best $80 that I have ever spent:
3 day pass at Laguna Seca to watch some great racing.
3 day parking corral pass
2 tasty catered lunches
all you can drink bottled water/coke/diet coke.
cool black NSXCA hat
mini ACURA #26 XM satellite LMP2 car
got a free ALMS t-shirt at the start of the ALMS race
also got a free t-shirt from the corvette corral
What a bargain!

The wife and I had a great time.
Nice to see old acquaintances and to meet new ones, also
got to meet the east coast guys; Bob (RSO), Ken S. and Larry B.

We did not go to the track on Sunday, that was used to enjoy
the Monterey area with the wife. We went on the 17 mile drive,
had lunch at Neptune restaurant by the sea at Big Sur.

A big thanks to Tom K, Acura, NSXCA, IMSA and all the volunteers !!!
Thanks also to the NW region for their hospitality.

Anyone have a video of the parade lap? My camcorder did not record on the disc! I was one of the lucky ones in the front of the lap that was able to really open up the NSX through the track! What a blast! Kudos to the pace car for giving us the space to open her up!

That was the best $80 that I have ever spent:
3 day pass at Laguna Seca to watch some great racing.
3 day parking corral pass
2 tasty catered lunches
all you can drink bottled water/coke/diet coke.
cool black NSXCA hat
mini ACURA #26 XM satellite LMP2 car
got a free ALMS t-shirt at the start of the ALMS race
also got a free t-shirt from the corvette corral
What a bargain!
One more unanticipated benefit. I walked over to the Pennzoil display, just across the bridge from our hospitality tent. I told them I use Pennzoil Platinum synthetic motor oil in all my cars (it's true), and asked if they had any coupons or offers, and they gave me four mail-in rebate coupons worth $10 each on a case. Woo hoo!

Anyone have a video of the parade lap? My camcorder did not record on the disc! I was one of the lucky ones in the front of the lap that was able to really open up the NSX through the track! What a blast! Kudos to the pace car for giving us the space to open her up!

I have some footage of the lap and the NSX corral area. I need to edit it first. 30mins of footage.

BTW: Are you guys okay down south with all of the fires going on out there? I hope everyone is okay and safe.

Anyone have a video of the parade lap?

I have footage from my mounted camera...just need to transfer and edit it with footage from the main event. I shot roughly 50 minutes worth of material, though I'm not sure of the quality yet.

Did you ever see such a beautiful Sight!:biggrin:

DSC02949.JPG

The Corral
DSC02943.JPG

DSC02969.JPG

Last edited:
Back