• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2007 Midwest Spring Fling!!

I will try my hardest to at least make the CGI event. Should be at least 3 or 4 of us. I know I am good for some "entertainment" on the track! :wink:

For those of you that have not seen me, imagine using tires, engine and brakes at 150% of their design. :biggrin:

Tom, you're better than Six Flags!

List as of 5/09:

Q - Sean and Stacey - all days
Frank Oles - Frank and Cindy
Bob Kenney - Bob and Pam
RutRX7 - Brian
CL65Captain
Tinker219 - Cody and Jen - tentative
DRZZZ - Dave - tentative
plumcraezy - Rae and Dave - Friday, Sat morn, Sun. aftern, Monday
Swift - Ben - tentative (we like Legends too!)
ChitownNSX - Joe - Friday, Saturday
nsxtasy - Ken - all days
RP-Motorsports - Tom - Monday (tentative)
nsx2tall - Randy and Lisa - Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast

Last edited:
2007 Spring Fling Update!

Itinerary as follows:

Friday, June 1st

5:30 PM

7:30 PM
  • Ballydoyle's for dinner
  • 5157 Main Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515 630-969-0600
  • Map

Saturday, June 2nd

8:00 AM

9:30 AM
  • Group drive to Starved Rock State Park

10:30 AM
  • Hiking and exploring the park
  • Map

1:00 PM
  • Arrive at Starved Rock Marina, Captain's Cove Grill for lunch
  • One Dee Bennett Road, Ottawa, IL 61350 815-433-4218
  • Map

3:00 PM
  • Head back to Geneva/Batavia area. Shopping etc. on your own

7:00 PM

7:45 PM
  • Dinner at Country House

Sunday, June 3rd

8:30 AM

10:00 AM
  • Chicago tour/group drive

Monday, June 4th

8:00 AM

Cody - you have to make it man! The sound of that 4 inch pipe dumping straight out of the turbo is unreal.

With all the chatter there always is on PRIME about mufflers and sound clips, NOTHING compares. JGTC sound all the way. On the group drive, it would be really cool to see Cody's car in action. We only got a taste at the Chicken Basket. Who cares if you have a primered-out bumper. Maybe you'll start a trend. Or you could just throw a bra on the front.

If anyone is on the fence about this event, it's worth going for the group drive alone. There is just something about driving in a pack of NSXs that is incredibly fun. The sound, the excitement, it's all there.

I agree with Frank's comments. Bob Kenney has planned a terrific route to Starved Rock that you simply don't want to miss!

One question about the Sunday breakfast. The Absolutely Delicious website shows the restaurant opens 11:30am-- are we square for 8:30am?

One question about the Sunday breakfast. The Absolutely Delicious website shows the restaurant opens 11:30am-- are we square for 8:30am?

Yep, we've got special arrangements made with the owner. On a side note, the food is great.

Save a space for my little yellow toy on Friday night, Will be there for Saturday breakfast, Saturday evening, and Sunday morning. (all weather permiting of course)

YellowNSX-- Do you frequent the Old North Pancake House? There was a yellow NSX there about a week ago or so.

Thanks for the clarification on the breakfast. I figured you fellas had a connection somewhere or other. I'm really looking forward to it. -RJ

YellowNSX-- Do you frequent the Old North Pancake House? There was a yellow NSX there about a week ago or so.

Thanks for the clarification on the breakfast. I figured you fellas had a connection somewhere or other. I'm really looking forward to it. -RJ

Randy,

We know how you fellows are always looking for something NEW; so we do what we can. :wink: :biggrin:

We also have a room to ourselves at the Marina Restaurant near Starved Rock and a designated reserved parking area. :biggrin:

LESS THAN 2 WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!

Quit lolly-gagging and sign up already!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Seriously, this will great fun. Attend one or all the events we have planned, you'll have a great time!

update on me:

block getting honed and decked by WED then transported to another shop to get balanced with new swapped pistons. This weekend i hope to fully assemble and get it started and everything checked over before my 5hr drive down.

I hope all of you the best luck in your projects as well...i am sure a few of ya are throwing stuff together!

cant wait!!!

Ps- i may have a girl along fit to grace your car on the cover of M&M magazine friday evening...so dont bring the wife:wink:

Sent in my money for Monday on the track hopefully it's not completely filled.

Just got my confirmation today. Hopefully I'll see you there.

i might be able to swing by Friday night after 8pm
I'll try to make the Sunday event. I really wan to do the drive to downtown

Hey Val-

Does your MX-3 have "JDM Certified" "Rotational" power? How about your NSX? I know a guy that can hook you up.:eek:

Did you get waterproof seat covers yet? It's a tsunami around your car when the ladies are about.:biggrin:

- Frank

Kelli and I will make it Friday and Saturday!

List as of 5/26:

Q - Sean and Stacey - all days
Frank Oles - Frank and Cindy
Bob Kenney - Bob and Pam
RutRX7 - Brian
CL65Captain
Tinker219 - Cody and Jen - tentative
DRZZZ - Dave - tentative
plumcraezy - Rae and Dave - Friday, Sat morn, Sun. aftern, Monday
Swift - Ben - tentative (we like Legends too!)
ChitownNSX - Joe - Friday, Saturday
nsxtasy - Ken - all days
RP-Motorsports - Tom - Monday (tentative)
nsx2tall - Randy and Lisa - Saturday, Sunday breakfast
YellowNSX - Friday - Sunday
Briank - Brian - Monday
Valenzul - Val - Friday, Sunday tentative
ALSWEL - Friday, Saturday

... I'm running behind schedule picking up another NSX:frown: ,

:frown: :frown: :frown: damn:frown: :frown: :frown:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: BUT FATHERHOOD IS AWESOME! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I drove the route to Starved Rock today, leaving from the Pancake Café' I found a few surprises and made a few refinements. All roads are in good shape with the exception of one road which is closed for a bridge repair; parking at Starved Rock does not appear to be an issue. We also stopped at the Marina Restaurant to confirm that they are ready for us. We will return to the Chicago area and the Country House Restaurant via a different route than we will use going to Starved Rock; I feel some of you will find this route "interesting". :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to seeing everyone this coming weekend; lets all hope for Great weather.

My Cell # is 773-559-8094, feel free to call with questions, comments or if you require help with directions.

Back