• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2011 lexus isf crushed for illegal street racing

Note sure what the point is in crushing vehicles. It wont stop anybody from racing. Now taking a DL away will!!

@ least the car could be donated to a School or something, to dismantle, work on the car, body, also, donated to an elderly community to transport them to the grocery store, an engineering school, a technical school, so many possibilities, so little will.

Oscar

How about selling the car at the auction rather than crushing and use the money for something useful? More police officers perhaps?

They're trying to get the word out to as many people as possible and this thread is proof of it working. There's nothing like morbid curiosity to get people to click on a link that they would otherwise ignore.

They're trying to get the word out to as many people as possible and this thread is proof of it working. There's nothing like morbid curiosity to get people to click on a link that they would otherwise ignore.

I agree, 99% of people will open, and talk about, from those 99%, 99% still would drive over the speed limit, and out of those 99% -that drive over the speed limit- @ least 65% percent will still have "fun with friends" sometime on their lives, making this car crushing, a very stupid way exercise jack ass authority.

no? maybe I am wrong though.

They should also crush vehicles on DWI cases, cause what really causes more deaths? street racing or drunk driving? hmmmm :rolleyes: this is stupid imo

I agree, 99% of people will open, and talk about, from those 99%, 99% still would drive over the speed limit, and out of those 99% -that drive over the speed limit- @ least 65% percent will still have "fun with friends" sometime on their lives, making this car crushing, a very stupid way exercise jack ass authority.

no? maybe I am wrong though.

Yes, it's the law of nature that animals react this way.

Just look at wildabeasts grazing in Africa where they know and have seen lions doing their work to fellow grazers.....

They will never convince everyone but strong punishments DO have a general effect on speeding.

Up here, if you go more than 50 km/hr (~31mph) over the limit they confiscate your car on the spot, impound it for 7 days and give you a $2,000-$10,000 fine. IMO, it has had an effect on excessive speeding.

This is one sad video :frown:, I'm sure a similar message can be addressed via many other methods.

We have enough trash on this planet already, so much for going green, eh?

Whatever~

How long until it's on eBay touting a clean Carfax?? :biggrin:

They could have auctioned it & used the money for something worthwhile as stated above.

POS anyway Long live the NSX.

whats funny is it will go to auction, the guy will buy it back weld a new top on new doors etc. and sell it with a clean title. what did this prove?
crush a car, if the guy called his insurance and told them his car was stolen, gets a check in the mail as the cops will never find it.
buy a new car, races again in a week.

show us an NSX getting crushed and NSXPRIME will go ape-shit.

now that would be something.

while the ISF is not exactly a budget racer( i know, its all relative), as far as classifications are concerned, its gonna get crushed along with civic, integras, stangs etc. But what if they bust a street raced enzo, or veyron......or any super high end car. Will they crush that too? how much heat do you think this program will get from the public if they do that? Would they "loophole" the policy in the case of an exotic car? what im trying to say is, it'll be interesting to see if this program follows through when they bust an "exclusive" car. cause in government, money talks.

This is totally ridiculous.
They should not be able to take someone's car because of a race.
Now, if you race and kill someone, then I feel that you should be charged, but to not have hurt anyone and for this to happen is crazy.

How about selling the car at the auction rather than crushing and use the money for something useful? More police officers perhaps?

Well said! Or to the families of fallen officers or soldiers. I can think of a billion other things to spend the money on.

Poor ISF, Matador Red too. I kinda like that color:frown:

It's not the car's fault that it got purchased by a douchebag. Why crush it? Doesn't make any sense. Sell it at auction and donate the money to kids or something.

It's not the car's fault that it got purchased by a douchebag.
I love this guys point.

What about the poor finance company??? They just lost their collateral!!
So the moral of the story... Don't pay off the car or maybe put a fake lien on it. WTFudge??

Good.
It's not your car, don't cry about it.
Don't want your car crushed? Then don't be stupid and street race.

Cars don't have feelings.
That owner did and he sure as hell got them hurt along with his pocket book.

Do the crime, do the...pay the price.

I dont think legally they could do that to private property.

I call scam on this one.

So do you think if you get caught DUI they should also take your car and crush it???

You are just as dangerous on the road...if not more

Sure why not. I'm up for it. Yes I do drink. No I do NOT drink and drive.

Yes I speed. No I do NOT street race.

Maybe I'm stupid for not doing it because it's oodles of fun. Maybe I just learned from others and grew up since I have real responsibilities in life.

Those are the consequences of street racing there and they probably very well knew it. No tear here.

I also agree with crushing cars caught with stolen parts.

My question is how do you classify a street race vs just speeding. Most of the super car sunday runs ppls just all haul ass. Crushing your car is bs. What it shows me is if you race and cops pull you over, mind as well run and take your chance. Guarentee that isf will dust a police car. I dont think they have the right to crush your ride. Hell treat it as a dui but dont crush it. ..... How the hell are they allowed to crush it anyways.

Back