• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2014 Acura MDX

i coulnt help by laugha little reading this. spoken like a true car guy himself.

dont forget to take a pic of both acuras upon arrival, you have the very best 2 products the brand has to offer.

7 is standard. It has 33k on the odometer. I got a pretty good deal and the condition is amazing. You can tell the previous owner was skinny based on the condition of the seats. haha He also took pride in the car, had all weather mats, side steps installed, etc. Little things like that shows someone cares.

Last edited:
I'm assuming dealers and honda are offering good money factors on left over 13 mdx? i think the new 14 mdx lease looks pretty aggressive..

I'm assuming dealers and honda are offering good money factors on left over 13 mdx? i think the new 14 mdx lease looks pretty aggressive..

Leasing is no longer available on the 13. You can get a few grand off if you buy one though.

- - - Updated - - -

/

Supposed to come out with SHAWD before the end of the year. Still not what it should/could be

It keeps getting pushed back, at this point hopefully it will be out before the end of next year. It should be a pretty good look into the new NSX as it will be using a similar SHAWD system. The RLX will use the 3.5 to drive the fronts and individual electric motors for each rear wheel. Should make the car handle amazingly with that much ability to vector the torques. The new NSX will have a very similar set up just backwards. The RLX is supposed to be around the 400hp mark. NSX should be a bit north of that.

Leasing is no longer available on the 13. You can get a few grand off if you buy one though.

- - - Updated - - -

It keeps getting pushed back, at this point hopefully it will be out before the end of next year. It should be a pretty good look into the new NSX as it will be using a similar SHAWD system. The RLX will use the 3.5 to drive the fronts and individual electric motors for each rear wheel. Should make the car handle amazingly with that much ability to vector the torques. The new NSX will have a very similar set up just backwards. The RLX is supposed to be around the 400hp mark. NSX should be a bit north of that.

Wow... I have a 2005 RL (shameless plug- currently for sale), and haven't really looked at the specs of the RLX. I had no idea it was FWD. Talk about a fail! Actually, I didn't like how other things started to change after the first few years of the 2G RL. Acura started to cut down on the standard options after 2007 or so...

Wow... I have a 2005 RL (shameless plug- currently for sale), and haven't really looked at the specs of the RLX. I had no idea it was FWD. Talk about a fail! Actually, I didn't like how other things started to change after the first few years of the 2G RL. Acura started to cut down on the standard options after 2007 or so...

Base model RLX does not have leather....

yeah, it's leatherette trimmed which is basically vinyl. That said, I've sat in the leatherette and it was bad at all. The salesman had to tell me what it was - begrudgingly. I was told the leatherette wears better and requires less maintenance than leather.

You have to bump up to the Tech package in order to get leather and even then it's leather "trimmed." But you do get heated and ventilated front seats and heated rear seats.

yeah, it's leatherette trimmed which is basically vinyl. That said, I've sat in the leatherette and it was bad at all. The salesman had to tell me what it was - begrudgingly. I was told the leatherette wears better and requires less maintenance than leather.

You have to bump up to the Tech package in order to get leather and even then it's leather "trimmed." But you do get heated and ventilated front seats and heated rear seats.

Same goes with my buddies brand new merc ml350 blutec. Had some sort of synthetic leather that was supposed to be better for wear and maintence... Go figure

I dig it. Got to drive one last weekend at the Active Lifestyle Vehicle of the Year awards. It won the Luxury Family division.

Lots of driver-assistance tech. Quieter than any other SUV I've driven. Badass headlights too.

chuck_tyson_mdx_headlights.jpg

Gotta go to the Advance package to get the ventilated seats and heated rear seats. Advance package is one bad ass car though in both the RDX and the MDX. The Lane Keep Assist will actually take a decent corner without your input.

I didn't get to really test drive it as much as I would have liked but what I was able to do with it, here are my thoughts:

Very impressive, looks great in person. Exterior looks great, especially the head and tail lights. Inside the interior dash is ok. The cleaner layout looks nice and is easier to navigate, I didn't get to play with the control system so I don't know how easy it is to use. Seats are really fantastic; infinitely better than my 04 generation. Engine felt very good, but the brakes were a bit mushy, which was surprising as they felt like a step back from my 04. Handling was incredible and felt really great, although the power steering was a tiny bit much. Interior was really really quiet. Made my MDX feel and sound like a truck.

Overall I was impressed. I was going to get the previous gen-MDX, but after a test spin, I might have to hold out for the newest gen (I don't by new). I think they stayed conservative and stuck with what worked (that's a good thing) and only improved on things that didn't (like gas mileage etc.) Ironically, I think the best things Acura makes at this point are SUVs. Go figure. :smile:

Sorry, meant to write "Advance Package." We have it in our '10 and it's awesome.

BTW, the 0-60 for the '14 MDX is 6.2 - 6.5 seconds. Yowza.

I didn't get to really test drive it as much as I would have liked but what I was able to do with it, here are my thoughts:

Very impressive, looks great in person. Exterior looks great, especially the head and tail lights. Inside the interior dash is ok. The cleaner layout looks nice and is easier to navigate, I didn't get to play with the control system so I don't know how easy it is to use. Seats are really fantastic; infinitely better than my 04 generation. Engine felt very good, but the brakes were a bit mushy, which was surprising as they felt like a step back from my 04. Handling was incredible and felt really great, although the power steering was a tiny bit much. Interior was really really quiet. Made my MDX feel and sound like a truck.

Overall I was impressed. I was going to get the previous gen-MDX, but after a test spin, I might have to hold out for the newest gen (I don't by new). I think they stayed conservative and stuck with what worked (that's a good thing) and only improved on things that didn't (like gas mileage etc.) Ironically, I think the best things Acura makes at this point are SUVs. Go figure. :smile:

Try driving it with the IDS turned to sport. Makes the steering way better. Also make the throttle response a lot sharper.

Gotta go to the Advance package to get the ventilated seats and heated rear seats. Advance package is one bad ass car though in both the RDX and the MDX. The Lane Keep Assist will actually take a decent corner without your input.

Hmm.... That's cool. Do you know if that works with a Trailer?

I am thinking about buying my wife a new 2014 MDX this spring and wanted to know if any other Primers have any experience with this vehicle. Online reviews are generally favorable with criticism of the touchscreen HVAC/NAV/Radio controls. It looks like a solid vehicle. Any thoughts?

Thanks Ken for the linky

I want your opinions after some mileage.

Back