• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2015 Acura NSX at Mid-Ohio

I want to really like it but I cant. Does not have the WOW like the first NSX had. Like I always say to me it looks like a R8 with a bodykit.

I agree - front end is molded from an R8.

Here's a video of the prototype "beating" a Honda Accord:

Anyone notice the sportiest car Honda has is a V-6 Accord Coupe... so sad...

Last edited:
...good progress...still hoping for a TT or v10!

I think the new NSX needs a black roof canopy like the original NSX. I'm actually coming around to its looks, but a black roof would make it look a little less fat.

Anyone notice the sportiest car Honda has is a V-6 Accord Coupe... so sad...

Actually, those accord coupes are no slouch. 0-60 in mid 5's which is around what the na1 did. Pretty good driver too - just a little big.

...good progress...still hoping for a TT or v10!

I was hoping Honda would go out with a bang before becoming completely green and put a v8 tt, and make it rev.

i'm sure it will be a fantastic car but, i'm not sure its gunna be the timeless classic of the gen 1........it is VERY generic looking, seemed to have a nice growl to it....

The side profile of the NSX looks like the latest failed attempt by Mitsubishi on the Eclipse. I am not a fan of Honda's new take on what a New Sports car eXperimental should look like.

what part of the car looks r8, bc i don't see it

the beak screams acura lol

what part of the car looks r8, bc i don't see it

the beak screams acura lol

R8 and NSX 2.0 similarities in general:

- mid-engine
- 4 wheels
- 2 doors
- 2 seats
- side view mirrors
- awd
- at least 50% of the world thinks they're ugly. Except R8 actually is.
- both better than the HSC and ASC.

That's about it...

I think it is a nice looking car, but just not good enough for an NSX. Too similar to cars on the road already, and too chunky...

I'm 50/50 on it till I see the real car in person.

And to those with that "timeless" remark, who the heck can say that until 20 years from now...hahaha ~ every designer thinks their car is timeless I bet same with that Subaru SVX! Anyone here remember that car? I was still in H.S. back then :)

Cars produced these days are all modern engineering marvels which means too high tech to be serviced by Joe Blow. I would love a new R8 v10 in the garage but to get me to spend $100k+ on an Acura is going to be much harder.

Acura for sure is working uphill against a lot of perceived notions for high dollar exotics, same as it was when the first NSX was introduced so I hope they have their act together this time and not fail twice.

it really just needs a v8 or a v10... come on, we are all already used to v6 power....

If they can get to the 6hp per lb goal, you won't be worried about anything bigger.

This is hilarious. I remember when the ASSC came out and people whined that they couldn't call it an NSX with that big of an engine or with an FR configuration. #cantpleaseeveryone

Waited 10 yrs for this? Geez,,,,,,,It won't be timeless as well as the older model......

Back