• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2021 on order - est. March build!

They charged me $1,500 for the nord grey metallic. Fair, I thought, for a special order.

The brake caliper thing is weird. My guess is that they get them pre-painted from the vendor (Brembo?) and would face an exorbitant upcharge for a one-off. If I were you I would certainly push it a bit, letting them know you're willing to pay a reasonable price premium for such a non-standard item. Especially since you can order orange calipers with the CCBs, we know the paint will stick! Or I guess that could be your answer, too, I suppose--upgrade to the CCBs...

Thanks for the guidance. Definitely pushing back on the dealer. They tried to convince me it’s too late and said it’s awkward now that the order was confirmed. I made it clear when I’m spending $100k+ on a car, I should get what I want. Will find out more tomorrow or the day after. I offered to pay a little premium so let’s see. They have a new NSX head at Acura. The original head of the program said “no” but we never discussed a premium so hopefully that’ll change things.

Congratulations on the car, you'll have a lot of fun with it.

The factory was ok with the Nord Gray build because it was previously validated.

Orange calipers have not been validated so it will be an uphill slog to get them to agree to that (Honda is full of detailed engineers, they won't just wing it).

One of the reasons the car has been a low volume player is the lack of customization. Honda just didn't pay sufficient attention to the importance of individualizing the car, especially considering how much Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche let you select from regarding specification.

If you are able to make changes at this point, I vote for black calipers as the red doesn't coordinate with anything on your build.

Congratulations on the car, you'll have a lot of fun with it.

The factory was ok with the Nord Gray build because it was previously validated.

Orange calipers have not been validated so it will be an uphill slog to get them to agree to that (Honda is full of detailed engineers, they won't just wing it).

One of the reasons the car has been a low volume player is the lack of customization. Honda just didn't pay sufficient attention to the importance of individualizing the car, especially considering how much Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche let you select from regarding specification.

If you are able to make changes at this point, I vote for black calipers as the red doesn't coordinate with anything on your build.

Appreciate the information. That’s helpful to know. They offer orange on the carbon ceramic brakes so it’s odd they wouldn’t allow it for the standard brakes.

Ceramic calipers could be from a different supplier as the steel rotor calipers. Steel caliper rotors supplier may have have obtain AAR approval (which is part of PPAP process) for different colors because they were not sourced for orange hence it wasn't as simple as Joe Bob grabing a different paint.

They need to maintain a consistent shade, depth, gloss level from one batch to another. AAR and PPAP is to approve the manufacturing process that they can meet those requirements consistently. Fast food restaurants have their own version of that hence Wendy's Hamburger taste largely the same from one location to another.

If you have not seen these internal R&D Papers from Honda, you will learn a lot about the car and its technology. Enjoy

You have more of these files. Looks like the complete set of documents are at least 80+ pages. The 3 attachments are just some of the whole. Would love to learn more about it.

I heard Acura announced the $20k incentive for 2021 MY last night :)!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yep, just heard from my sales guy as well. Sounds like all orders will start with June production.

Sbkim, how did you fair on pricing? Let me know if you’re able to hit the target price.

You have more of these files. Looks like the complete set of documents are at least 80+ pages. The 3 attachments are just some of the whole. Would love to learn more about it.

The papers that I have acquired come out of the Honda R&D Publications. They are not specific to the NSX, rather they are a series of papers that include articles on the NSX. I was looking at the library and found one additional one that might be of interest here.

Attachments

• Hybrid System Heat Management for the NSX.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
[MENTION=6718]drmanny3[/MENTION] appreciate the documentation! Always fun to look at.
[MENTION=37491]CPatel_Bos[/MENTION] congrats on your pickup! Been following along and so happy you have your new ride. I bet the orange looks amazing in person.
I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for mine. I wanted to do the Experience, but at this point - just send me the dang car! :biggrin:

This is really happening! Got a photo today from the plant - looks like we're finally getting there.

Good timing as my Swisstrax order arrives on Thursday - I have to upgrade the garage to get ready for this beaut.

Attachments

• 5796299537219949867.jpg
    5796299537219949867.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 203
I like that perspective. The silhouette looks very exotic...

This is really happening! Got a photo today from the plant - looks like we're finally getting there.

Good timing as my Swisstrax order arrives on Thursday - I have to upgrade the garage to get ready for this beaut.

Excited for you. :thumbs-up:

Love that picture. Very beautiful!

Thank you all! I have been "patiently" waiting for this day, perusing all the posts and activity on here.
When [MENTION=37491]CPatel_Bos[/MENTION] had the experience of the NSX just...appearing out of the blue, it gave me hope I would be coming up soon in the queue. These are the only photos I have...played around with the filters........ :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_20210510_191248_2 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20210510_191248_2 - Copy.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 193
Thank you all! I have been "patiently" waiting for this day, perusing all the posts and activity on here.
When @CPatel_Bos had the experience of the NSX just...appearing out of the blue, it gave me hope I would be coming up soon in the queue. These are the only photos I have...played around with the filters........ :biggrin:
Nice! Won't be long... and just in time for sometime fun!

Big congrats! Just curious when did you have to provide final confirmation on your order? I heard about a month before actual production date?

When @CPatel_Bos had the experience of the NSX just...appearing out of the blue, it gave me hope I would be coming up soon in the queue. These are the only photos I have...played around with the filters........ :biggrin:

Looks great

Soon, it will look even better in your garage and on your local roads

This is SO COOL! Congrats!

[MENTION=37431]sbkim[/MENTION] - just checked my note and it was around March 18th when we locked in the config with the dealer for production. Then everything went silent.....then BOOM!

Thanks all for the congrats - this is a really special milestone and I can't believe it is actually nearly arrival day. :eek: @Bricks-and-Bio --> I am already planning my first few drives.
Getting out to skyline drive soon after arrival - for those of you that are east coasters / aware of that special place: https://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/driving-skyline-drive.htm
PUMPED!

@sbkim - just checked my note and it was around March 18th when we locked in the config with the dealer for production. Then everything went silent.....then BOOM!

Great - thanks. Very exciting indeed. So it sounds like it takes more than a month for them to actually produce the car after order lock in. Dealer told me that I am 7th in line for July production so may be I'll get an email soon.

Update from the dealer - NSX estimated arrival at end of this month, no exact date yet. The waiting! Sigh! ��
In other news, the swisstrax is now in the garage, garage has been cleaned and cleared....dealer sent me two NSX hats....
:twiddles thumbs: :checks watch: :watches yet another NSX review on youtube:

Back