• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

403.1rwhp !

Yep, Kenny Tran tuned it, 3 hrs and I am out the door. I will take some more pics after detailing the car, I've been driving the car without front bumper on :(
And its liquid aftercooler.

RP-Motorsports said:
Looks great! Seeing you have a Kenny T. dyno sheet, are you from Texas?

That a full liquid after-cooler correct? Have any enging plumbing pics?

:eek:

that graph is beautiful.

Thanks guys. I was very nervous before the dyno, because the car run very very rich. I bought a used AEM and according to Kenny T he saidthe previous owner blow his engine with that file map (AEM).

Hmm 403 whp at 5psi seems a bit unbelivable. I am not saying its not true but when I was running 8psi I topped out at 360. Granted I dont have an aftercooler but it wouldnt account for that much of a horsepower difference.

Do you have a stock or built motor? I have a built motor myself so perhaps that in combination with the aftercooler would account for the difference. However when I was researching other prime bbsc setups I didnt seen anyone else that hit 400whp with less than 8psi.

Perhaps we should aske the question of, "How are you measuring your boost pressure?" Some means are more conservative than others.

In addition, he could have some mods that increase the VE of the motor. Thus allowing the motor to chew through more cfm without creating as much positvie boost pressure as an unmodified motor.

Very nice, but I too question 400 RWHP (corrected) at 5psi and 8k rpm from a 3.0. Unless substantial other mods were done, it defies logic, and physics. I would wager that an "unbiased" dyno shop would get the same curve on a different scale. Very nice job on the AFR, although I always hate to see even the smallest rise toward the top end.

Sig said:
Perhaps we should aske the question of, "How are you measuring your boost pressure?" Some means are more conservative than others.

In addition, he could have some mods that increase the VE of the motor. Thus allowing the motor to chew through more cfm without creating as much positvie boost pressure as an unmodified motor.

Hopefully boost is measured from the same MAP sensor used by the AEM. Given the starting point (the NSX is quite efficient stock) raising the VE enough for 5psi to yield that kind of power would be a huge achievement. I'm not saying it isn't possible, heck he may just have lucked into a primo engine to start with, but there is certainly reason for skepticism.

not really THAT unbelievable...increasing the the VE as stated whould ad HUGE power, keeping intack temps LOW will add huge power...just those 2 and 400 @ 5psi sounds like it could happen....CFM not PSI is the way to power with this motor

Sounds like a huge number for only 5psi. Isn't armando only making like 425 @ 12 psi??

403 at 5 lbs seems something dosent jive. And the a/f looks to perfect should be some peaks and valleys as the vtec cuts in,(As in the hp plot) but then again who knows.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
And the a/f looks to perfect should be some peaks and valleys as the vtec cuts in,(As in the hp plot) but then again who knows.

Armando

I agree. My guess is that the dyno operator has the display settings configured with a big 'smoothing' factor. Not sure what dyno was used, but the a the smoothing factor makes a big visible difference in the plots when the two extremes of the scale are compared.

mine is 403 with 9 lbs and aftercooler on 9.5:1 pistons

are you running the stock pistons?

anyone have the compressor map for the pinwheel on the BBSC?
that can give you ball park max CFM capability right?

anyhow pretty cool :biggrin:

The BBSC had 400rwhp on stock engines when it was first released. Would I drive one? Hell no, not with the SS box and what we know now. With an AEM and cooled intake charge, probably, just not on the track:D

The low comp motors drop 5-10% of the hp on this setup as seen from previous posts.

Sorry guys for not changing the notes on the dyno graph. It was dyno at 7.5 peak psi. It started out making 5.5 psi down low then creep up to 7.5 psi on the top end.

The A/F at the end was a little lean on that last run, but it was corrected before he left. The whole map was richen an additional 2%. Typically, we run an 11.8 a/f on that set-up and is proven reliability.

Have fun with the car Mike !

Jotech
972-278-9744
www.jotechracing.com

Its NOVI 2000, and again I got a 4Inch pulley on mine. Sorry no pics yet, car needs big time detailing.
NetViper said:
7.5 lbs makes more sense. Was it again a NOVI 1000 or 2000? any pix?

BTW, NCDOGDOC. Could you explains why I cant track my NSX ???

Yes I am.
khappucino said:
are you running the stock pistons?

anyone have the compressor map for the pinwheel on the BBSC?
that can give you ball park max CFM capability right?

anyhow pretty cool :biggrin:

Back