• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

48mm SOS ITBs re-tuned by TrackForged in OR. Resulted with 317WHP 228 ft/lb of torque

So on Wednesday as I was on my way to SF Auto Salon, I decided to swing by TrackForged to have them retune my ITBs. I knew Tony from UMS tuned it a little rich for my winter air (I don't drive much in the winter Duh: my mistake)
Well, up to this date my ITBs averaging 14 MPG.
This is how the tuning went:
-I showed up around 4:00 pm after filled up my tank to confirmed that indeed I got 200 miles out of my tank on the Hwy.
-Put her on the dyno.
-Zack (Tuner) at TrackForged did his pre-run.
-Found that the throttle plates of my front bank was 85% opened at WOT.
-Rear bank 90% opened at WOT.
-Dyno didn't start.
-Zack went and re-adjusted the throttle plates.
Since our V6 configuration, the front bank and rear bank had to be adjusted to sync for the same throttle position.
Well, we had to trim the throttle linkage with a fine trimming saw.
The linkage was hitting the stopping point before WOT Duh!
After 2 Hrs, they got the throttle plates to open 100% for front bank and 95% open for the rear (the best we can do).
-Finally we can start the car, re-sync the ITBs.
-Loaded the map........some adjustment!
-Another 45 mins went by for partial runs
-After 1.5 hr, we did out final pulls
-First result, a wooping 312WHP up to 319WHP
-Final result we settled at 317 WHP 228 ft/lb of torque
Left TrackForged around 8:00 pm

Checked it the hotel 8:30 for a quick nap.
Checked out at 11:30 pm on Wednesday heading for SF.
Topped off the tank. Headed out and by 1/2 tank mark I got 150 miles woohoo.
ITBs sounded louder, pulled harder!
I am a happy camper is an understatement!
So for a Mustang Dyno reading 317 WHP is decent or not I have no idea.
But for those that like nice dyno readings, here it is 3.0L made 300+ WHP.

I will try to post the video later.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Good info.

The interesting thing about both your setup and gsrboy's is that you both made peak HP at 7700 RPM.

My car peaked at 7100 RPM and did not like going past 7300 RPM.

gsrboy has cams, are you running stock cams or ???

Good info.

The interesting thing about both your setup and gsrboy's is that you both made peak HP at 7700 RPM.

My car peaked at 7100 RPM and did not like going past 7300 RPM.

gsrboy has cams, are you running stock cams or ???

Are you going to c&c tomorrow with the socal group? I'll give you a ride and you can drive it if you are.

Nice gains, dan. Reminds me that I need to adjust my throttle linkages.

Whether 317 reads high or low (for some reason I think you know which side a mustang leans to) is irrespective. You just want consistent numbers.

The air meter I have is a from a VW vendor. Let me know if you want the part number or want to borrow it.

Last edited:
Hey Shawn,
I have a synchrometer too (yup, bought from a vw vendor just like Chris suggested)
I do check my set up often.
the linkage held up pretty good as far as adjustment variation.
Sometimes you have to run into mistake like this so others can benefit in the future.
I am more estatic with my MPG increase than WHP. But my butt dyno tells me that it pulls harder now.

Dan

Last edited:
well the question is not what the numbers show but how well the dyno is calibrated. I had my 95 mustang gt run on a dyno back in the day with only a supercharger running a 9lb wheel and from a supposed stock 215bhp they are rated for it dynoed at 316rwhp which seems a little much. thats almost 150hp increase for a supercharger kit thats only rated to increase by 70hp. So i dont know how much i trust that. But we will see once i buy Dans ITB kit and install it here in japan on my nsx then ill see what she can do on a japanese dyno running 100ron high octane.

Dyno readings are just numbers to compare before and after.
If you like high readings to make you happy then be it.
Or real results from real life driving type of person, then you look at before and after.
I am positive that aggressive cams will net more power!

Dyno readings are just numbers to compare before and after.
If you like high readings to make you happy then be it.
Or real results from real life driving type of person, then you look at before and after.
I am positive that aggressive cams will net more power!

Dan, I thought you sold your set up ?????

Back