• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

4th annual NSXPrime Canyon Drive!!! >>>Sunday, June 27th.

GREAT to hear from you Kelvin!!!
Glad to hear you and Frank and the other party are doing good...
It is pretty amazing that there were no major injuries after seeing the cars condition..that is awesome!!! Someone was looking out for you guys and the other party involved:)

Don't worry about the NSX, I'm sure you'll get another one soon...cars can be replaced, life and limbs can not.

Take care.. wishing you and Frank a full and speedy recovery.

-Mark

It rattled my nerves seeing the accident as I walked over towards the car. Glad to hear that everyone involved is OK. Isn't it great to know that the members of the NSX community are so helpful and caring - gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling!

Good luck, take care and wish you and your brother a speedy recovery.

Best regards.

/Scott

NSX Canyon Run

Glad to hear that Kelvin and Frank are OK. Nice to be young, you heal fast and well. I was concerned about your bump on the 'noggin. Call your M.D. if you have any neurological symptoms like severe headache, visual changes, sensory deficits or memory loss.

Thanks to John, Tina, Marc, Craig for another great event. My son, Nicholas, was tickled pink by the drive and the DVD. Thanks for a great father and son outing.

Rod

I echo Kelvin's sentiments in thanking everyone who called, posted, and visited. Gabe called me yesterday afternoon, which was so awesome especially considering we had just met a short time ago.

As I said before, while the NSX is an awesome machine, the best and most addictive part of being part of the NSX family is the great people involved. I can truly say that hands down the owners of these beautiful machines are the most caring, helpful people in the world.

If the dentist who stopped by during the aftermath to try to revive me reads this, will you please PM me so I can thank you for your help and care. I was not aware of the situation so please let me talk to you to personally thank you.

Thank you all for thinking of us, and taking care of us in the many ways that you have.

God Bless and take care.

Frank

Hi Frank,

The person that stopped and gave you and Kelvin medical assistance is Rod (HotRod) who just posted before you. He was driving with his son Nicolas.

Re: NSX Canyon Run

Hi Rod,

I just sent you a PM.

Thank you sincerely for stopping by and helping us. I don't recall anything from the scene, so I will have to "meet you again" at the next NSX event.

We are so grateful for your help, as well as the firemen, paramedics, and the police. There are many people who go unrecognized who help people out during their times of need. I definitely want to thank you for being such a great resource to help us out.

Again, thank you from me and my family.

Sincerely,
Frank

HotRod said:
Glad to hear that Kelvin and Frank are OK. Nice to be young, you heal fast and well. I was concerned about your bump on the 'noggin. Call your M.D. if you have any neurological symptoms like severe headache, visual changes, sensory deficits or memory loss.

Thanks to John, Tina, Marc, Craig for another great event. My son, Nicholas, was tickled pink by the drive and the DVD. Thanks for a great father and son outing.

Rod

I am so glad that Kelvin and Frank are okay, especially after seeing the condition of the car after the accident. I hope the other party is likewise okay.

Many thanks to John, Tina, Craig, Marc, Eric and everyone else who made this event possible. It was great also to meet Lud finally. I hope next year's drive will go without incident as have the previous drives have been. Thanks again!

Thanks

Thanks John and Tina for such a wonderful event.
We enjoyed ourselves a lot.
Wish I have Marc ahead of us on family trips that we take,
I know I will feel much safer.
Great to meet and talk to Mr. Prime Lud.
T shirt design by Yvonne was awesome.
Seeing the SOS cars in person was a real treat.
Glad to see a number of AZ NSXer attend.
Most importantly, relieved to know that both Kelvin and Frank are recovering nicely.
We enjoyed all the prime drivers that we talked to!

Someone (maybe Craig or Marc) on the radio said "that's Tommy
Lee's house on the left". I looked on the left and tell my wife
"yeah, that's the house on the video" and she asks "what video?"

Perry & Maria

Re: Thanks

CKS Papa said:

Wish I have Marc ahead of us on family trips that we take,
I know I will feel much safer.
......asks "what video?"

Perry & Maria

I'll bet it is going to be tough to stay in radio range without having to prepare a few dozens barf bags for the passengers/kids.

Just to give you an idea of the intensity of Marc's driving. Not sure if you have a chance to take a closer look at his M5's front tires. One session in Pahrump, I could no longer determine the brand of tires on the front side walls. He was literally pushing the side walls all the way down to the road surface. :eek:

What video?
It must be the Robin Leech's program; the lives of the rich and famous. And that's the truth! :D

No kidding about Marc's driving talents.
I was 6th car behind Marc on the first stint of canyon run,
after a few corners, my wife and I can't see that silver
BMW anymore. He was gone! And we were pushing pretty
hard too!

I'll use that answer that I saw it in Rich and famous video.

Thanks,
Perry

Hmm, that's funny... I had no trouble keeping up with Marc when I was the first car right behind him later in the day.

Well, okay okay... maybe I had a *little* help from the white Ford Explorer that was in front of him going 5 mph below the speed limit and refusing to pull over to let us by! :D

My first run, and hopefully not the last!

Just wanted to say I had a great time! I've dreamed of owning an NSX since I was a teen so to finally have one and go on a run with other enthusiasts was just the best! Thank you to all those who organized the event. I had a great time and hope to join you all again in the near future. PS Those of you who had awesome engines inspired me to drive home, take off the engine cover, order up some Comptech parts & Science of Speed (now installed), engine billet covers, and a new shiny coolant bottle. Thanks for the inspiration and nice job on your cars! They look awesome! One last note, it's nice to hear everyone is ok from the accident, I was really concerned about that. I wish every one involved a speedy recovery! Keith

DaveG said:
Does anyone know the status of the people in the oncoming car?
Thanks Dave. They people in the other car were able to exit from their vehicle under their own power. The wife had lacerations on her face and was treated for those. They were later taken to the hospital after complaining about neck/back pain, but were discharged several hours before I awoke from the Demerol. That's all I know so far.

HUGE thanks to John and Tina, and the rest of the Socal for making this such an awesome event...I can not think of a better way to drive 1000 miles in 2 days! I had a blast even if we did have a bump along the way... I am just so thankful that everyone made it home safe and sound!

I loved seeing all of the beautiful NSXs, seeing friends, and meeting new people...SOCAL you guys rock!!! :D :D :D

-Seth

What happened in this accident?? Was it along the drive I assume?? :eek:

Back