• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

600 rwhp Lovefab NSX around track

Thanks to my good friend for letting me ride in his extremely fast NSX! This car uses a GT45R Turbo, taken from a diesel truck!

Chris

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t8gLMxISVs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool video. Track seems way too small though.. Needs to be bigger track so that puppy can stretch it's legs!

Waterford Hills (www.waterfordhills.com) is a small track for sure, 1.5 miles around and averaging only 28' wide
Other than a short back straight it's all turns (and elevation change that doesn't really come over in the video) all the time.
Plus, this was a lunchtime 'touring' session, so too much exuberance will get you a swift trip to talk to the chief steward :biggrin:
The transitions from asphalt to concrete and back can be problematic in terms of traction, and as you can hear by the engine note the huge turbo's power curve spikes hard from 5,000 rpm on up.
Wheelspin at the top of 2nd gear is a given :cool:

Great car Cody.........and fantastic video, Chris!!!
Brian

Not to highjack the OP's thread but while 600hp seems great, I've wondered why no one has built a 1200+ hp NSX like the Supra guys do. Maybe you horsepower freaks can chime in.

Not to highjack the OP's thread but while 600hp seems great, I've wondered why no one has built a 1200+ hp NSX like the Supra guys do. Maybe you horsepower freaks can chime in.

Some cars are more HP friendly than others. The Supra is one of them the NSX is not. Once you start cracking the 450 whp level you start looking at completely rebuilding the engine. Once you start cracking the 650 whp level, you start having to change/upgrade some major components to handle the power. Once you start hitting 850 whp+ it takes a ton of time, effort, R&D, and $$$$ and even then, the engine isn't all that stable or reliable. Just ask Danny, LoveFab, and Factor X, I'm sure they can speak more about it.

I suspect that the weak point on a driveline built to go above 600 whp is the transmission, specifically 3rd gear when shown full boost.
The drive axles and CV's get punished too, but are amazingly stout considering the parameters they were designed under.

YMMV :biggrin:
Brian

Supra's are blessed with an indestructible transmission and TRD rear end from the factory, as well as an engine that although isn't all too efficient can hold a crazy amount of power. none of which the NSX has. The nsx powertrain is pretty much a FWD v6 put behind the driver's seat, far from ideal for a big power candidate. For big power id rather build an S2000.

Back