• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 BB Build ( paint )

Well I finally got it all back together and have been driving it for the last couple weeks. After 5 months of taking it apart, cleaning, cleaning, and some more cleaning then painting, sanding, polishing, sanding a little more then more polish and finally the task of putting it all back together. When putting it back together i was very thankful for my camera, zip lock bags, and a black sharpee, all came in handy helping my memory when putting everything back together.
Im going to try and do this in some type of order. I hope you enjoy, theres a lot of work in this project that wont see the sun, but knowing what care and detail was taken when this car was apart is just as satisfying to me as seeing the finished product. WAIT thats all a close second, seeing that black paint shine is 2nd to none for me.
In the nine months I have owned this car it has taken a complete transformation from the the shape I bought it in. In the next nine months my plans are to continue working on the engine and drive train and re do the interior. Here are some pictures with some short descriptions. Enjoy

02 aluminum rear bumper reinforcement
DSC_0945-1.jpg

DSC_0931.jpg

My first look at my new rims, I wasn't sold at first, but that has since changed.
DSC_0918-1.jpg

Last edited:
Starting to get some panels back from paint and can start wet sanding and polishing.
DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0947.jpg

DSC_0948.jpg

DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg

No better time to clean the dash etc before the windshield gets put in
DSC_0965.jpg

DSC_0983.jpg

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

Sanded and polished the tail lights also..
DSC_0993.jpg

DSC_0952.jpg

DSC_0960.jpg

DSC_0959.jpg

DSC_0998.jpg

DSC_1020.jpg

Had to get the Fat fives in there..
DSC_0994.jpg

Minus some final fitments and adjustments heres the final product.
DSC_0937-1.jpg

DSC_0940-1-1.jpg

DSC_0945-1.jpg

DSC_0944-1.jpg

DSC_0938.jpg

I still need to do a final adjustment to the decklid for fit.
DSC_0941-1.jpg

DSC_0926-2.jpg

DSC_0928-2.jpg

DSC_0925-2.jpg

DSC_0937.jpg

There's nothing quite like brand new black paint. I could look at it forever :biggrin:

^^^ agreed fo sho

Looks awesome. The pics of the roof and jams painted, was the roof wetsanded and buffed or was that just the way it was laid out of the gun?

I've always had the dream to get my BB NSX repainted just cuz, and then put it away in my own private display case :) It would be hard not to drive it though...

Thanks everyone greatly appreciate the kind words!

Eye Candy the roof pictures are after I wet sanded and polished it. I honestly have about 80 to 90 hours of wet sanding and polish ( 4 stage polish no bigger then an 6" x 6" section each stage) at a time on the car. How is your widebody project coming? It's in a show this weekend just had cam seals, coil overs, master brake cylinder, new koyo radiator put in just got it back this afternoon. So I need to do a final polish and glaze for the show.

I think I'm gonna have to buy 10 front lips to keep for my own stock, within a week and a half one shine gt lip down. In front of about 10 people too, I felt like an idiot. Well I was an idiot I was born with it..:biggrin:

I hear ya Nero but it was made to drive just looks better now!!
Again thanks for the good word everyone!!!
Bob

EyeCandy I miss understood I think this is what you were asking. The first picture is how it looked after sprayed. The second picture with tree and cloud reflection is after sand/polish..
DSC_0867.jpg

DSC_1020.jpg

EyeCandy I miss understood I think this is what you were asking. The first picture is how it looked after sprayed. The second picture with tree and cloud reflection is after sand/polish..
DSC_0867.jpg

Wow, that laid great right out of the gun! My project has been a slow go... its getting close, but life in general has been in the way lately and slowed it down, and to be honest Im losing interest :redface:

Bob:
Awesome writeups and photos!
...saw your car yesterday at Flatirons Acura... it looks fantastic! I will see you at the car show on Sunday.

cheers,
--bruce

Thanks Bruce, I look forward to the car show sunday.. See you there!
Bob

Very nice, I was wondering if you changed the upper vent garnish. Most NSX have this issue with the crack in the center.
Thanks Synergy, yeah I couldn't handle the cheap looking plastic inserts in the vents jmo.. Didn't know they are known to crack, so I'm glad I did it..
Bob

Back