• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 keyless entry - the truth.....

Some more info.

After doing some testing what I have found is this:

The "Security System" definatel differs from "Keyless Entry" in that it does exactially what it says.

With the security system removed everything works just fine and I still have keyess entry; but there is no immobiliser, horn sounding or lights flasing should someone try to break in or start the car etc.

With the security system attached, all features are restored.

What I have also noticed is, with the security system attached, it will only activate by using the keyless entry, if I lock the door manually with the key, the security system does not activate. However if the security system is activated, it can be de-activated by the key!!

UNHUZ,

Ok I was at the junk yard last weekend and found an Acura Legend 1994
So I took the Keyless entry brain out. it is the exact Brain as in your pic.

all the number match. the only difference is the serial number.

p/n 08E61-SP1-2000-02
Ref NO KCK-101
FCC ID GJ808E61-02

so if your kit was for an NSX and this Brain was from an Acura Legend
then the Brain is like what other have said standard for Acura
not NSX specific

^ i think that the only kit component that is NSX specific is the harness, and that can be hand-made ;)

^ i think that the only kit component that is NSX specific is the harness, and that can be hand-made ;)

The mounting brackets and hardware are also NSX Specific.

As for making the harness, has anyone posted up the wiring diagram and component list for the '91-'92?

thats what Im tring to do now.

I need the wiring diagram for the 2002-2005 NSX, or the wiring diagram for the 2000 NSX as you can still buy the 2000 NSX keyless entry system and the 2002-2005 from the dealer. around 350.00 for the whole kit. with new FOBS and harness.

I am going to make the wiring harness to plug and play with the 1991-1993 NSX from the newer style keyless entry. FOBS

does anyone have a keyless harness from the 1991-1992-1993 that would be willing to let me borrow intill I make a copy of it? Please. would take me a day and ship it right back to you.

I mean alot of you guys store your cars for half the year so it wouldnt hurt to let me borrow it. I would pay shipping.

and I am known on prime very well. i think LOL

after I make a copy of it I can then make more copies for other members
that want to keep their cars stock. I would do a complete write up on how to upgrade to the newer FOBS and instructions to install the new Keyless entry system.

let me know

Shawn

OK guys I went to the junk yard Yesterday and got the complete wire harness from a 1994 Legend and a 1995 Legend.

picture.php

one of the Keyless brains had the SLO NSX Part number on it
P/N 08E61-SLO-2000-02

I also got the SCU Brain which was the same as my 1992 NSX.

now if I had an Original Wire harness from an NSX, I can compare them and recreate the OEM harness.

if any of you have one and can take pics of both pigtails Wires
I can create it and ALL OF PRIME will have access to this discontinued Item.

another Prime member has sent me the Service Manuals for the 2001 and 2005 NSX so I can adapt the newer style Alarm/Keyless to fit the 1991-1992-1993 NSX's.

I ordered the 05 complete Keyless Kit 480 Bucks From the Dealer on Friday. so when it gets here I will start my Project.

I would love to have an OEM harness as a Loaner, So can some-one man-up and send me their Harness? I will ship right back.
it would take me less than an Hour to copy

in my pic there is a yellow and red wire that this Thread talks about.on line 15 and on down the page
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/keyless_entry.htm

Help guys

Also if any of your guys have any broken, cracked, dead remotes let me know
I am going to have a buddy of mine Fabricate some new remotes that will work with this system.
any condition

PM me

Last edited:
we need to see what the 2005 SCU brain looks like, is it a compatible part to the older NSXs? If it is, we probably are in a good position to get the newer keyless entry units to work with the older cars.
Look at the harness carefully, in the NSX harness there are 3 "plugs", 2 or which are 3-lead and one of which is 2-lead, I think they are diodes? Also there is a inline fuse - 3amps, I believe (purple)

member Unzhu would know more about the details since he did a schematic of this.

.........as you can still buy the 2000 NSX keyless entry system and the 2002-2005 from the dealer ...........
Shawn

So, if you buy the cheapest priced kit, for any year 2000-2005, it will be able to be used with your adapted harness ???

Yes if every thing goes as planned. LOL

but thats what I am shooting for.

just waiting for parts and then I will start this project.

If it works then YEAHHHHHH but if it doesnt then oh-well live and learn ya know but since my 1992 NSX will be my test subject its not hurting anyone.

Just an FYI, the 2004-2005 are totally different from any of the earlier cars.

2004-2005 had a factory installed keyless entry with parking light flash and beep on lock, and used the current style Acura remotes.

51GMGQMXZHL._SL500_AA300_.gif

As far as I know, it's not an easily retrofitted item, as I suspect there are differences in the car's wiring harness as well.

OK guys I went to the junk yard Yesterday and got the complete wire harness from a 1994 Legend and a 1995 Legend.

one of the Keyless brains had the SLO NSX Part number on it
P/N 08E61-SLO-2000-02

SL0 and SP0/1 (Legend) brains are interchangeable. I've personally verified this. The '91-'93 Accord LX Wagon brains are also interchangeable. The only difference appears to be the labels on the outside.

BEN

yea thats what I am doing updating to the newer style
Remotes and making the harness that will Plug and Play
into the 1991-1992 SCU

We will know soon enough. my Kit will be here soon.

Its a 480.00 experiment. LOL if I fry it.

I will have to buy another one. intill I get it right.

Last edited:
BEN

yea thats what I am doing updating to the newer style
Remotes and making the harness that will Plug and Play
into the 1991-1992 SCU

We will know soon enough. my Kit will be here soon.

Its a 480.00 experiment. LOL if I fry it.

I will have to buy another one. intill I get it right.

Are you saying that 2004-2005 was available as a retrofit kit, and that's what you bought?

I purchased the Keyless entry system for the 2004-2005 NSX I am going to retrofit the harness to fit in the 1992 NSX.

and make it or the Diagram available for PRIME.

does the 04-05 NSX have the trunk Release button on the remote? if it does I will try and include that with this Upgrade. I dont think they do.

but I also had a thought I was looking at my Service Manual for my
old 05 TL and my current 08 TL type s

and to do that retro fit would work. I have already integrated my old 05 TL navi into my NSX and it wouldnt be hard to make the Acura OEM Keyless entry for the 05 TL work in the NSX but the 06-08 TL have the Remotes built into the Key so they wouldnt work.

I will call today and see how much the 04-05 TL keyless system is and I might buy that one to and see if it readily available
as it has the trunk release on the remote

I purchased the Keyless entry system for the 2004-2005 NSX I am going to retrofit the harness to fit in the 1992 NSX.

and make it or the Diagram available for PRIME.

does the 04-05 NSX have the trunk Release button on the remote? if it does I will try and include that with this Upgrade. I dont think they do.

but I also had a thought I was looking at my Service Manual for my
old 05 TL and my current 08 TL type s

and to do that retro fit would work. I have already integrated my old 05 TL navi into my NSX and it wouldnt be hard to make the Acura OEM Keyless entry for the 05 TL work in the NSX but the 06-08 TL have the Remotes built into the Key so they wouldnt work.

I will call today and see how much the 04-05 TL keyless system is and I might buy that one to and see if it readily available
as it has the trunk release on the remote

That's what I was asking - was 2004-2005 available as a retrofit kit? Because all 2004-2005 had it installed from the factory, there would be no reason to offer a retrofit kit - unless you just bought the parts piecemeal and are trying to figure out how to make it work? If you bought it as a complete retrofit/upgrade kit, I'd be very interested to know the part number, etc.

2004-2005 does not have remote trunk release from the factory.

I just called the dealer and my other though about the 04-05 TL with the trunk pop was built into the main car harness so its not a kit you can buy.

if I would have know that I would have ripped it out of my 05 and customed that brain with my NSX SCU.

oh well.

just waiting on the kit i purchased to arrive at the dealer to start this project. LOL

will post the info soon

Got my 2004 NSX keyless entry today.
and I thought the remotes were the newer style,
oval shape but nope they are the same as the old square ones

also the Brain for the Keyless entry has the Acura legend Part number on it.

so we know for a FACT they are compatible now.

P/N 08E61-SP1-2000-02

the Keyless Kit part number is 08E60-SLO-201F

will start this project today.

wish me luck lol

Hi,

first of all: GOOD LUCK :tongue:

and i may conclude that the harness is NSX and year specific (remotes and brain are compatible), right??

Nuno

Got my 2004 NSX keyless entry today.
and I thought the remotes were the newer style,
oval shape but nope they are the same as the old square ones

also the Brain for the Keyless entry has the Acura legend Part number on it.

so we know for a FACT they are compatible now.

P/N 08E61-SP1-2000-02

the Keyless Kit part number is 08E60-SLO-201F

will start this project today.

wish me luck lol

Has anyone successfully created a harness to connect an aftermarket keyless entry system to the factory wiring?

As in a standard harness? I suspect the answer to that is no because of the variability of aftermarket systems. Everybody who has installed an aftermarket security / keyless system will end up with custom interface wiring for their specific unit.

I posted the diagrams from the 2000 NSX Electrical Trouble Shooting Manual which provides the wiring for the 2000 interface harness on the OEM keyless unit.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ss-schematic?highlight=keyless+wiring+diagram

This was in response to a user who was trying to integrate a Viper keyless unit tothe NSX. I don't think they ever followed up with results so I expect that they were not successful.

Hello, I installed the keyless entry with on my 91 NSX.
Since then it has locked itself automatically after 1-2 hours. is that normal ?

nice greets mike

Hello, I installed the keyless entry with on my 91 NSX.
Since then it has locked itself automatically after 1-2 hours. is that normal ?

nice greets mike

Assuming you have the factory keyless system; if you unlock via remote but don't open a door within 30 seconds it will re-lock on it's own.

I've never heard of it locking after 1-2 hours. My guess is you unknowingly hit the button on the remote and it locked.

Back