• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 nsx salvage, how much am i looking at to fix?

Hey guys, I may become the owner of a 91 acura nsx. The vehicle has a salvage title and is missing interior pieces, says it was stripped. It's also missing the rear hatch glass+engine cover i believe. Based on this interior picture, what do i need exactly for the interior and how much am i looking at paying for these parts. I've been searching all day, can't seem to find a complete gauge cluster and ac controls etc. Also, has this interior been modified or is this stock, as it does'nt look like other nsx interiors i've seen.

Thanks in advance

You're kidding right?:confused::eek:

It would cost you a FORTUNE!!:eek: Then you'll end up with a 1991 NSX with a salvage title.:rolleyes: What does the rest of it look like? From that photo you couldn't even part it out.

The rest of it looks alright other then the missing engine cover and glass hatch. Sorry if the terminology is off, i'm still learning. Everything else is on the vehicle as far as i can tell from the pictures. It has scratches on the red paint, probably vandalized but no body damage whatsoever. The auction closed, I can't even get the rest of the pictures :(

Do you think it will cost more than 5-6 thousand to get used parts for the missing interior pieces?

OH MY GOD!!! I thought it looked like a Mix between a 1981 BMW/ 1971 VW BUS,, whats that chrome tube in the radio slot? is that the air conditioning? LOL OH MY GOD!! I would sneak back into where ever its being stored and do us all a favor and burn it!! I think I am gonna puke!! hold on I actually am,, yarrrrrrkkkkkkkfffffffff!! I wanna see the outside photos,,, I think I know what car that it,, its been selling on e-bay the guy wanted 89,000 bucks for it,,, some fake spoon Nsx with a wide body kit the back looked like a Ferrari and the front they used Celica Headlights,, I cant think what it was called,, take some exterior pics we all need to see this shocker,,, add this NSX to the Destroyed list!

Brand new it will cost you more than 5-6k for the guage cluster, dash, etc etc.....thats not the original dash or if it was its been mutiliated......unless you got the car for 5k then it might be worth fixing it assuming it wasnt in a wreck....but you still will have that salvage title....if you dont plan on ever selling it then maybe....but I would walk away........:eek:....your gonna be in way over 5-6k to get that car right.....but you never know....look in the parts for sale section....

5-6K??? no more like 9-10,000 out the door,,, cuz the seats are probably Honda Accord seats mounted to the floorboard,, looking at the one photo I am sure there is more needed that just the interior,, the guy could have used rubberbands for the timing belt,, and a Dewalt Drill motor for the Water pump,, the tail lights he wanted to have the classic look so he installed Candles in the trunk so the flames could shine thru the lens, like the old horse and buggy lights,, the carpet is probably Yarn from a fabric store,, and a ( ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?) flag hanging on the mirror/ or a CD on a string,,

5-6K??? no more like 9-10,000 out the door,,, cuz the seats are probably Honda Accord seats mounted to the floorboard,, looking at the one photo I am sure there is more needed that just the interior,, the guy could have used rubberbands for the timing belt,, and a Dewalt Drill motor for the Water pump,, the tail lights he wanted to have the classic look so he installed Candles in the trunk so the flames could shine thru the lens, like the old horse and buggy lights,, the carpet is probably Yarn from a fabric store,, and a ( ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?) flag hanging on the mirror/ or a CD on a string,,

LOL

Unless you are trading this for your salvaged 88 civic, RUN, RUN, RUN away.

What is the dryer hose behind where the radio SHOULD be? Does that connect to the turbo? With the car this much apart you might as well order all carbon fiber dash parts from the European connection too.

Smells like insurance fraud to me.

This car was posted here before. I'm not sure how to search for the thread, but this is an NSX with a butchered interior.

Maybe it has a custom built in dryer and thats the hose to vent out....:wink:

Do your laundry while you are at the track. :biggrin:

Man if you buy this car you gotta be a masochist! What are you thinking dude??? Snap out of it before you make a HUGE F'ing mistake!:eek::eek::eek::eek::wink:

You'll be real sorry you waisted your time on this unless you are the DIY king, have access to lots of wrecked/dismantled parts and have gobs of time on your hands, don't mind giving away your labor and having a salvage car at the end......how's that sound. Not good huh. Lay down, take an asprin and get over it.

I liked Danny's post the best - no please no more photos....lol. Actually I've seen more photos - saw this car a while back in pics - can't remember the context but then at my age I get to have senior moments. If you take on this project you might wish you had that "senior moment" and forgot it was salvaged.

My 2 cents, but I could be wrong.:biggrin:

Yeah, that interior is a blasphemy ... yet, can be fun to rebuild :) ... I just wish you good luck finding parts!

Try ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eneeeds/
Craigslist etc .... I am sure you can do it!

Oscar

The rest of it looks alright other then the missing engine cover and glass hatch. Sorry if the terminology is off, i'm still learning. Everything else is on the vehicle as far as i can tell from the pictures. It has scratches on the red paint, probably vandalized but no body damage whatsoever. The auction closed, I can't even get the rest of the pictures :(

Do you think it will cost more than 5-6 thousand to get used parts for the missing interior pieces?

Well I'm sure if you are purchasing as a fixer-up-er project then best of luck with your build especially if the price of the car is right for you? What are your plans of restoration to make it a street, or track car? Personally would get rid of that custom hack work & put a normal dash back in looks like the previous owner had his own idea of beauty... then again its in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure if you look around here you'll find people with lots of knowledge about the car as well as the parts you need to get your project going. Also check with Ravi@ http://www.umbrellaautodesign.com/ he sometimes has used quality parts for sale time to time. See here for example http://www.umbrellaautodesign.com/content-product_info/product_id-1329/1994_nsx_dash_with_airbag.htmlIf you pick it up be sure to post it up in the Builds section here. :smile:

Last edited:
Your a brave man. Hope you have not bitten off more than you can chew!! To each his own, certainly something I would NOT undertake NOR recommend anyone do. Other options probably will cost less money unless you got the steal of the century and already priced out your costs to make it a half way decent car.

I have dash, steering wheel, cluster, door panels, etc. I'll give you a good price. :smile:

Back